View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 22:42

JCWadventures wrote:
megmini56 wrote:
i use the swissvax pre cleanser its the best ive ever used in my opinion!
T how do u know so much on detailing are u a detailer by trade, sorry bit Off Topic

No I'm not in the detailing trade I just love car detailing it's a big hobby of mine and I've tried and tested loads of products. through trial and error have learnt alot and have attended professional detailing workshops I can't get enough of it - OCD extreme

At least it's a 'healthy'!! /Helpful Ocd Laughing Wink I thought I was OCD To but u have proved I have a lot to learn. As Ive said before I thought I was pretty good at looking after chilli but now u have shown me & many of the others how to do proffesionally & chilli & I amonsgst others are very gratefull for all the tips/advice/ time etc u have spent helping us valet right & have answered all our questions incld some of the more silly/obvious ones.
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 22:50

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:
Are these any good scratch http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels/prod_436.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/handi-grip-applicator/prod_30.html

Can have your opnions on the ^^

Thanks I love you Hug Hug

The top link looks good deep shag pile fibres Very Happy are they just for general bits and pieces because the DoDo / CG are very very good

AVOID the foam handle like the plague they are CR@P all the products you put on the applicator pad sinks through and all over your hands Mad 2-3 uses then you have to throw them

The best one I have used to date and brought 3 of them Embarassed just incase I lose one or anything is .... As much as I hate to say it the 'Flash' one you can get from Halfords with 3 applicator pads ( which i threw away and just kept the handles ) the handle is solid plastic and holds the applicator pads with strong Velcro it's fantastic the pads never come off Very Happy and ..…they are only £2 at the moment

Ok cool I will have a look at the dodo CG ones 2morrow. Yeh general use, just saw them on the featured section & got very good reviews so just wondered what your thoughts were.

The polish pad I did think wasn't that great but only ones I could seem to find with a hand grip thing. Blimey using something from halfords Laughing Wink will see when I next go near one!! Maybe me Reading wrong but u've used the pads on these or just the handels scratch Rolling Eyes

Thanks again Hug
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   30th March 2010, 18:35

Mini S Mad wrote:

Ok cool I will have a look at the dodo CG ones 2morrow. Yeh general use, just saw them on the featured section & got very good reviews so just wondered what your thoughts were.

The polish pad I did think wasn't that great but only ones I could seem to find with a hand grip thing. Blimey using something from halfords Laughing Wink will see when I next go near one!! Maybe me Reading wrong but u've used the pads on these or just the handels scratch Rolling Eyes

Thanks again Hug

Used just the handles and they are great - solid and strong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   30th March 2010, 19:30

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

Thanks again Hug

Used just the handles and they are great - solid and strong Very Happy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh hah thats what i thought but wasnt sure seemed a bit of a waste. What pads to you recommend as still not sure which ones to get. Also can i have the wax/sealant etc as i got paid so can order the rest now please - Thanks Hug

Got that drying towel that Dan wants me to test run - Intial look it looks good, i think it more a microfibre than drying towel. Very simuluar to this one Also got my grit guards & dodo metal polish Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 09:16

So am i Right or wrong on the below scratch

Pre-wax cleanser
r222
Then dodo lime prime

Is the dodo red mist tropical the best sealant

Is hard candy the best wax for Chilli

Any help please Hug
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 10:44

Dawn I could be wrong but I think dodo red mist trop isn't a sealant its a mist and wipe?!
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 11:52

Mini S Mad wrote:
So am i Right or wrong on the below scratch

Pre-wax cleanser
r222
Then dodo lime prime

Is the dodo red mist tropical the best sealant

Is hard candy the best wax for Chilli

Any help please Hug

Yes Dawn clap

R222 Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser, Swissvax or Zymol HD Cleanse - these 3 are very good Wink
Then DoDo Lime Prime ( Lite version if your swirls aren't too bad as the full Lime Prime has more abrasion - but you may need that )

Hard Candy (Red) would be a good one for you Very Happy

Dodo Juice Red Mist is part quick detail spray, part paint sealant (so not a full sealant, but you must apply one to protect all you wax and hard work polishing etc). It has more protective power than an average detail spray to give your vehicle's paint protection a boost between waxes. This detail spray is compatible on top of paint sealants and waxes. Promotes high levels of beading give a few coats to the car Wink

To add even more shine to your car add a Glaze which is applied after car polish and before wax. Glaze is made with oils and wetting agents that amplify your paint’s shine and improve the clarity will also produce a dramatic wet look on your paintwork Wink

Sealant wise First i apply CG JetSeal then Optimum Opti-Seal then DoDo Red Mist for that extra bit of protection shine and beading Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 13:47

yahoo pompom yahoo Laughing See I have been paying attention Wink Laughing

Wicked thanks Hun Hug

Just having my lunch whilst the jetseal109 is selaing on my parents car Laughing

I'll study later & check there is no more questions Laughing

Thank u XXXXXXXX
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 13:59

No Probs Very Happy you get your grit guards yet ?
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 14:10

Yeh i ordered from Dan @ D2p as CG wouldn't send me any as they said it was my fault Mad Still waiting for trims applicators like I ordered & my emails r be ignored No Mad

Used this morning & like. Also used that drying towel Dan got me to try & not bad to for a freebie Laughing

Just need the rest to finish them off Smile

Done my parents black corsa & the wheels have come up a treat Smile The paintwork is good but not as noticable as Chilli was but then it's not so well looked after & have shown all the scratches up where she used the f****** supermarket people & didn't like it when I told thats why!!!!

But there both really need a good polish & still plucking up the courage to do the claying Laughing

Will post some pics up when I've finished

Right back to it Laughing Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 15:06

P.s Do u recommend cg bair bones for the enguine bay or what. I've ordered the swisswax stuff gloss stuff but wasn't sure if that best for cleaning scratch Thanks Hun :hug xxxx

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 5th April 2010, 08:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 17:51

Well both cars r done & I am shattered. Will post up pics in a bit. Both really need some polish etc & think our black panther really needs a polish/clay as it's sooooo scratched/swirled Sad No

Both wheels washed & sis wheels had the full works. Snow foamed & washed. All trims/tyres dressed. Both insides done to.

Total 4.5hours

Only did her sis as u saw Chilli one's the other day Laughing & i had a audience Laughing so didnt really want to take the pair in full view incase i got some funny looks Rolling Eyes Laughing

This was the best bit i think Very Happy

& Yes T I have thought of some more questions Laughing Wink

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 4th April 2010, 21:10; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 20:34

Question Time Again Laughing (prob silly again but want to get everythin right/in my head Wink

If i have two cars to clay (if i ever take the plunge Laughing) would the 3 bar pack be enough Laughing

Is this any good or what else do u recommend http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=403&idcategory=11

With the dodo products is it best/cheapest in the long run/to buy the 250ml or 500ml sizes, I was thinking the 250ml of the dodo lime prime & red mist as there only extras & the 500ml for the light as hoping this is the main i can use to keep topped up.

Do u recommend cg bair bones for the enguine bay or what. I've ordered the swisswax stuff gloss stuff but wasn't sure if that best for cleaning

Think that was all but i am sure i will add more Laughing when i think of them had some Sleep

I'll add the above from this morning etc to the first post when i get a chance

Thanks hun Hug

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 5th April 2010, 08:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   4th April 2010, 22:51

Another question if I may.

As you may already be aware, I have 4 freshly refurbished rims sat in the garage waiting to be paired with tyres. Should I apply the wheel cleaning process mentioned to these before or after the tyres are put on, and do I need to do everything mentioned considering they have just been refurbed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 08:02

Wow phil what rims do u have to go on dave then, fully protected my rims yesterday with the tyres on the rims and it was easy enough!
I think I would get the tires on 1st because the are bound to get dirty by the bloke(or lady) that puts them on.,although I would still wait for t to reply she knows all lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 11:28

Cheers Ross, that was my thought about them getting dirty when being put on. As for the rims, I put a pic up on my gallery thread when I got them, click here.
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 12:31

Wow phil they look very good def worth rotecting those bad boys!
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 12:35

Mini S Mad wrote:
Question Time Again Laughing (prob silly again but want to get everythin right/in my head Wink

If i have two cars to clay (if i ever take the plunge Laughing) would the 3 bar pack be enough Laughing

Is this any good or what else do u recommend http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=403&idcategory=11

With the dodo products is it best/cheapest in the long run/to buy the 250ml or 500ml sizes, I was thinking the 250ml of the dodo lime prime & red mist as there only extras & the 500ml for the light as hoping this is the main i can use to keep topped up.

Do u recommend cg bair bones for the enguine bay or what. I've ordered the swisswax stuff gloss stuff but wasn't sure if that best for cleaning

Think that was all but i am sure i will add more Laughing when i think of them had some Sleep

I'll add the above from this morning etc to the first post when i get a chance

Thanks hun Hug

Looking Good Dawn hours well spent clap Very Happy
Yep 3 clay bar pack be plenty enough - What ones you going for ?

I have one of those DoDo Carrier - Very good for keeping it all in one place and it is DoDo what more could you want Very Happy cheers - although it doesn't fit all my products in Embarassed

I would buy the 500ml in the Red Mist as once you have used it you will never be without it Very Happy and then 250ml in the LP
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 12:41

weebo15 wrote:
Another question if I may.

As you may already be aware, I have 4 freshly refurbished rims sat in the garage waiting to be paired with tyres. Should I apply the wheel cleaning process mentioned to these before or after the tyres are put on, and do I need to do everything mentioned considering they have just been refurbed?

I would be inclined to protect them with Wheel Guard and then sealant - simply because although yes you say they will get dirty when put on your car but with all the greases etc they use to put the tyre on then lubricate the nuts etc - i would rather be confident that its not touching the bear alloy wheel or burnished rim around the edge - which are very sensitive, some of those greases can leave marks / staines and seen as you have gloss black that could really show up. That way it will all easily wash off (some of those greases are a right b*****d to get off Mad )when you come to wash your car and when the alloys wheels are off the car they are much much easier to do and you can do the inside and back of the rim with great ease Wink

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 12:48

Indeed it does T, now wheres that empty wallet......
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 12:50

FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant is also good to put on after the Wheel Guard - can also be used on exhausts brill stuff
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 12:57

Mini S Mad wrote:

Sorry missed that bit no the Swissvax Motor Shine is a sealant for when you have cleaned the engine bay is not a cleaner.

Best stuff is a good APC ( all purpose cleaner ) i.e Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (very good) and spray it on agitate with a detailing brush - i.e. the swissvax ones then get a damp cloth and wipe of the cleaner. then spray on the Swissvax MS

MAKE SURE you cover all electrics with cling film and tape or tin foil !! if the engine bay is really bad use some Chemical Guys - Orange Degreaser dont use Bare Bones thats for the undercarriage of the car.
Back to top Go down
millbrookmini
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 15:06

this is a depressing forum....I will be bankrupt keeping my Clubbie clean. As my children say...I love my Mini more than them!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 15:32

lol!
My cars rally spec at the moment Very Happy
...well, its covered in mud
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   5th April 2010, 16:31

millbrookmini wrote:
this is a depressing forum....I will be bankrupt keeping my Clubbie clean. As my children say...I love my Mini more than them!!!!!! lol!

wicz wrote:
lol!
My cars rally spec at the moment Very Happy
...well, its covered in mud

lol! well id be saying to the Kids - look i buy you clothes, i buy you things i have provided a bath for you the MINI cant do everything itself - deal with it ! and YES i do love it more lol!

Max shame on you ! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   

Back to top Go down

Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-