View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   9th April 2010, 12:14

First post updated with some of the outstanding sections Smile

T - Can u check your happy with it all & let me no if u want to change anything/check everything is where is should be - Thanks

Any more info let me no

Luv
Dawn Hug
Back to top Go down
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 077
Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   9th April 2010, 12:28

We has the zymol vintage and upgraded to royal. But i was looking at the dodo supernatural. Thought it would be nice to have in the wodden tub. Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   9th April 2010, 19:39

nortonski wrote:
We has the zymol vintage and upgraded to royal. But i was looking at the dodo supernatural. Thought it would be nice to have in the wodden tub. Is it any good?

I personally wouldnt recommend the wooden tub A) because there has been reports of the wood losing moisture and effecting the wax itself B) i like to warm up my wax by placing it (in its container) it hot water so it is warm (so it is more pliable) and smooth (to aid even coverage) Wink

Supernatural is relatively tough in its normal form/state and can break up if not applied by the palms of your hands (i.e. warmth again) so screwed really if you want to apply with a pad and you cant warm it up as its in a wooden pot.

I bought the wooden pot scooped out its contents into an old empty DoDo wax jar and put the jar in the wooden pot so it acts as storage for the wax jar inside Very Happy (so its look pretty) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   9th April 2010, 19:56

JCWadventures wrote:
nortonski wrote:

I personally wouldnt recommend the wooden tub A) because there has been reports of the wood losing moisture and effecting the wax itself B) i like to warm up my wax by placing it (in its container) it hot water so it is warm (so it is more pliable) and smooth (to aid even coverage) Wink

Supernatural is relatively tough in its normal form/state and can break up if not applied by the palms of your hands (i.e. warmth again) so screwed really if you want to apply with a pad and you cant warm it up as its in a wooden pot.

I bought the wooden pot scooped out its contents into an old empty DoDo wax jar and put the jar in the wooden pot so it acts as storage for the wax jar inside Very Happy (so its look pretty) Embarassed

In that case on the ^^ do u want me to remove of the first post scratch
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   6th May 2010, 17:36

Tay,
according to you list should i be using swissvax cleaner fluid then lime prime light,then swissvax wax then jet seal 109.
also with the sealant does it need to be worked in or just applied like a wax.
sorry if im being totally stupid here!
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   6th May 2010, 20:10

Wheel arches
Firstly dont spray the arches down with water / pressure washer first as all the chemicals you are going to put on the arches to clean them will just run/stream off

Plastic Arches

Use Tardis to remove any stubborn tar spots (brilliant for body work to) apply using a paint brush and rub up the arches

leave for 5 mins or so and rinse throughly with pressure washer

Then spray APC or Heavy Duty Chemical Guys Extreme Orange Degreaser spray on wheel arches with a foam spray head - lather up and agitate dirt with a Vikan Brush (google them) which are stiff bristled detailing brushes (as you dont want the chemical to run off with the water just used to remove the Tardis) - leave to dwell for 5 mins or so then rinse with pressure washer.

When the arches start to dry up a bit dress them with either Finish Kare #108 Top Kote Anti-Static or Megs All Session Dressing to create a deep black look.

Carpet Arches

No point in using the Tardis on the carpet as it wont work effectively

spray Bilt Hamber Surfex HD (better on carpet arches) *same process as above* on wheel arches with a foam spray head - lather up and agitate dirt with a Vikan Brush (google them) which are stiff bristled detailing brushes (as you dont want the chemical to run off with the water just used to remove the Tardis) - leave to dwell for 5 mins or so then rinse with pressure washer.

(Hoover if you want to be really sad like me ...... )

When the arches start to dry up a bit protect carpet with Porsche Cabriolet Roof Protectant spray (yes its very good) creates a waterproof barrier and stops the majority of the dirt getting ingrain in the carpet.

I advise using a Pressure Washer instead of a hose due to the force of the water against the dirt and get an underbody lance and you can do the top of the wheel arches with ease ...BE WARNED they are very powerful.

I WILL ADD TO FIRST POST WHEN I NO EXACTLY WHERE TO PLACE IN THE ROUTINE Wink
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   6th May 2010, 20:15

megmini56 wrote:
Tay,
according to you list should i be using swissvax cleaner fluid then lime prime light,then swissvax wax then jet seal 109.
also with the sealant does it need to be worked in or just applied like a wax.
sorry if im being totally stupid here!

I am interested to know this to as when i did on our black panther it went perfctly up & untill after the r22 & then when i used the lime prime it looks like it has left some marks/buffing marks on the bonnet thats have appeared after i had finished/looked the next day Sad I thought the red mist had sorted it but theyve come back Sad

P.s Its Taylor by the way Wink
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   6th May 2010, 20:51

Sorry dawn I no its taylor I just was being extremely lazy and couldn't be bothered to type it fully! Very Happy
I really get confused with all these steps!
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   6th May 2010, 21:05

megmini56 wrote:
Sorry dawn I no its taylor I just was being extremely lazy and couldn't be bothered to type it fully! Very Happy
I really get confused with all these steps!

Just checking Wink Razz She has been called many others names on here Wink Even by me by mistake Embarassed

Yeh it certainly is, I've found the easiest way is to print the thread off & keep in you kit bag so i/u can refer to it as u go along. I got the wheels off to an art but still only done the whole works twice Wink
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   7th May 2010, 13:27

Dawn where you using to apply?

Last edited by JCWadventures on 7th May 2010, 13:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   7th May 2010, 13:29

megmini56 wrote:
Tay, according to you list should i be using swissvax cleaner fluid then lime prime light,then swissvax wax then jet seal 109. also with the sealant does it need to be worked in or just applied like a wax. sorry if im being totally stupid here!

Thats correct the Swissvax will remove any impuritys / contaminants the clay bar has failed to remove or that your you have decided not to rub down with the clay bar through fear of marring the paintwork - so makes its a squeeky clean slate to work on.

Lime prime is now bringing the paintwork to its best ready for wax application HOWEVER depends on which strength 'Lite' or just 'Lime Prime' -

Lime Prime Lite is for lighter swirls

Lime Prime is for heavier swirling

Lime prime contains fillers - Micro-abrasives that fill in the swirls that why it is important to seal all your work or they just fall/wash out. (not just Red Mist this a spray gloss detailer not a full sealant! however it does have sealant properties - its more for promoting beading and glossy shine !) Lime prime is a mixed paintwork cleanser/polish (micro-abrasive fillers). although it is a mixed PW/Cleanser i still use the R22 first as then i know there is no contaminants and the Lime Prime can souley focus on the filling Wink

Then your wax - application obviously

JetSeal 109 as you know is a sealant as previously said important for preserving all your hard work apply the same as wax in a circular motion. Do not apply pressure!

"Pour a small amount onto applicator or microfibre pad and apply to entire vehicle in a thin, even coat. Jetseal 109 will bond with clean piant surfaces within minutes. Once removed allow 20 min. time and apply a second layer to assure even coverage." (from CG Website)

Remove using a really soft buffing mitt or cloth - i prefer mitt - deeper pile and catches better.

Its brilliant stuff really durable and really highlights flake pop.
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   7th May 2010, 13:38

Ok cool thanks so I will be swissvax cleaner fluid then lime prime lite then swissvax wax then jetsea cool and this process should get rid of very light swirls? ! l
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   7th May 2010, 14:55

Yep 'Lite' if you have light swirls if they are medium swirls SRP or AG Ultra Deep Shine (dont use too much the dust is bloody terrible) better alternative is CG Rocket Polish or badly swirled / light oxidation - Full LP

Oh dont forget your Glaze !!
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   15th May 2010, 16:15

Ok i have thought of another problem today I need you marvelous assiatance on please Hug

How do you remove water marks on bodywork that haven't been/cant be removed after the drying process usng drying towels. I did both cars & unfortuantely both do have some water marks that i cant shift Sad Managed to remove a few with red mist but not all Sad Particullay on our black panther

I got a feeling your going to say get the air dryer thingie but cant afford at the £££ at the mo Sad

Also any suggestions where to get the sealant u recomended for plastic wheel arches as i've googled with no joy & clean your car are out of stoc & have been for a few weeks Sad As i gave our wheel arches some attention but couldnt seal Sad
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   15th May 2010, 16:27

How bad are the watermarks - faint or prominent ?

If faint and the Red Mist has failed to get rid of them then its re-wash time im afraid and ensure you wash your car in the shade !

If prominent you may have to re-polish to cut them out - Lime Prime gets them out with ease - but re-waxing and re-sealing again

What are you using to dry the car? and how are you drying the car? it may be in your technique.

I will do some searching on the sealant side for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   17th September 2010, 19:27

Spent 8.5 hours yesterday doing the full clean,clay,wax & seal process on both cars yesterday. Was hard work but well worth it as it was 5months since i did orig & prob couldnt have eeked it out a few more weeks but runing out of wkends.

Will post some pics up 2morrow

Was pleased with how clean/easy they both were to clay & how much better application/buffing off was with my dodo pads & cloths.

The best results were on my wheels i feel.

So thats should should last me rigt through the winter hopefully

One question for you T. What product/s are best for removing/hiding a scuff on our black corsa. Managed to mask with some t cut but of course thats all gone now & now where its shinny it shows again. Its not ruff & on the lower section of the door/join. Any advice greatfully received. Many Thanks

Didnt think the time was bad for 2 cars considering the orig session took about the same time with two people on one car!!

So chuffed i invested & will never go bck now Smile

Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   17th September 2010, 22:50

Poor Boys Black Hole would prob be best Dawn - contains fillers designed for black cars product itself is black gives a deep shine Very Happy

Last edited by JCWadventures on 18th September 2010, 10:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   17th September 2010, 23:17

I use black hole on the golf now and its a good product worth the money!!
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 10:17

JCWadventures wrote:
Poor Boys Black Hole would prob be best Dawn - contains filler designed for black cars product itself is black Giving a deep shine Very Happy

megmini56 wrote:
I use black hole on the golf now and its a good product worth the money!!

Thanks guys Hug

I'll get some ordered

Will ths affect the sealing process i did on thursday or is it to just use on top scratch

Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 10:57

I think the correct order is blachole, wax,sealant???
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 11:08

^ Yeh can be used as above but if you want to be real thorough you can use another Polish then use BH as BH is also a glaze so good to have the extra polish fillers then the glaze action thumbs up

So i.e. AG SRP, BH, Wax, Sealant (at least you are really filling in those swirls Wink )

or (as above) BH, Wax Sealant

Oh and Poor Boys say : "an be safely sandwiched between multiple layers of sealant or wax protection"

I found best results without using a DA / Rotary machine (dont think you have one do you Dawn?) is to use a Lake Country Hand polishing pad - light cut Wink when using BH

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/lake-country-light-cut-hand-pad-cat24.html#aMasterLCHO0000
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 13:39

Ok thanks Hun Hug Yeh I don't have a polish machine so would use pads. I do have the sonus ones but will get one of them instead
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 14:25

Anybody know of any shop, where you can buy chemical guys new look trim gel?
Cos I know you can but it online, but I kind of want it today so just wondering is their anywhere I can pick it up from?
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 14:53

Aaron wrote:
Anybody know of any shop, where you can buy chemical guys new look trim gel?
Cos I know you can but it online, but I kind of want it today so just wondering is their anywhere I can pick it up from?

Elite Car Care shop in Ascot but quite a way for you bounce
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   18th September 2010, 14:54

Mini S Mad wrote:
Ok thanks Hun Hug Yeh I don't have a polish machine so would use pads. I do have the sonus ones but will get one of them instead

Yeah the Sonus ones dont really have a cut to them they are more of an application pad you want a light abrasive in the foam to work out the swirls (sounds worse than it is - Honest) so Lake Country do one for hand polish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   

Back to top Go down

Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-