View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 14:18

bump - still need polishing etc when u have 5 Hug
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 14:25

wicz wrote:
Thanks Dawn this is brilliant!! Very Happy (and Taylor of course Razz)
I dont know how I managed to miss this but will have a proper good read now! Very Happy

Your welcome Hug Mostly T's hard work, I jus compilied in one place

Hope you've got deep pockets/plenty of space on your c.card if u have one Laughing

Still a bit work in progress
Back to top Go down
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 009
Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 14:29

Hi Taylor got one that might fox even you oh cardetailingmaster, what do you recommend for my cabrio roof? I've not put anything other than water on it since new and so far (touching wood hard here) there are no signs of wear. Just thinking when I get goofy his snow lance he is going to go OTT and spray everything within shooting distance, just wondered if this is wise on the cab roof?

Also, which Dodo wax for the PW, i've got orange crush for Oscar but not sure which is best for Dan's?

Love this thread dawn it's just that I want it all and funds wont allow so trying to work out which bits to get first, so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 14:34

Moley etc . Can u sticky this thrad please. So everyone can access it easily
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 16:12

Cazzywaz wrote:
Hi Taylor got one that might fox even you oh cardetailingmaster, what do you recommend for my cabrio roof? I've not put anything other than water on it since new and so far (touching wood hard here) there are no signs of wear. Just thinking when I get goofy his snow lance he is going to go OTT and spray everything within shooting distance, just wondered if this is wise on the cab roof?

Also, which Dodo wax for the PW, i've got orange crush for Oscar but not sure which is best for Dan's?

Love this thread dawn it's just that I want it all and funds wont allow so trying to work out which bits to get first, so frustrating.

OK P/W i recommend either Light Fantastic or Supernatural ( DoDos Finest Wax Wink )

Ok now for the Hood Cleaning and Protecting Very Happy

Renovo Cleaner ( Very Good ) and Porsche Cabriolet Roof Protectant - creates good thick sheild from bird poo, sap and water etc etc - lots of beading Very Happy

Snow Foaming wise i wouldn't recommend getting it on the rag top when washing and ensure that you have protected the roof before goofy starts the foaming fun - just encase any bits spray on Oscars head Very Happy

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 16:14

Mini S Mad wrote:

Ill get around to it Dawn it very lengthy Very Happy - Promise !
Back to top Go down
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 17:07

Well I'll go to the foot of my stairs, is there nothing you don't know oh super guru of the detailing world not worthy not worthy Thanks for all that great advice, I will make sure goofy doesn't use the foam near Oscar's head.

With regard to the wax I wish I could stretch to the super dooper wooden box variety but for now he will have to make do with the other one which I'm sure will bring Clyde up a treat.

cheers for all this what would we do without you Flowers
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 17:13

Cazzywaz wrote:
Well I'll go to the foot of my stairs, is there nothing you don't know oh super guru of the detailing world not worthy not worthy Thanks for all that great advice, I will make sure goofy doesn't use the foam near Oscar's head.

With regard to the wax I wish I could stretch to the super dooper wooden box variety but for now he will have to make do with the other one which I'm sure will bring Clyde up a treat.

cheers for all this what would we do without you Flowers

Your very welcome Very Happy Wink

Best bet would prob be to buy some of those cheap thin plastic decorator sheets you can get from B&Q etc about £3 for 10-15 sheets, place them over Oscars head and shut the doors on them to ensure they stay put that way goofy can snow foam your car aswell with out the risk of getting any on the roof cheers
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   19th March 2010, 18:47

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

Ill get around to it Dawn it very lengthy Very Happy - Promise !

Okely dokely 'boss' Laughing

I no your very busy but would really like to see if I can afford to finish my collection & do a full job. Also I am sure the others would like to know to.

Just a gentle reminder Laughing Hug
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 19:41

Well this avo. The glorious weather was to tempting to resist giving Chilli her first somerset proper valet. So crisened my pressure washer her & my snow foam/chemcial guys goodies.

What can i say - This stuff is amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg

Cant believe the differnce & didnt think my autoglym stuff wasnt that bad but now know why T has been ranting some much Laughing

Certainly worth all those ££££££

Defo wont b going back now

Chilli looks amazing & the gloss look is fab, even without polish/wax. Unfortuntaley it has shown up some surface scratches/swrirl marks Sad Even my wheels are gleaming Smile

Has worn me out doing & prob regret it 2morrow with this cold etc but she looks stunning so i am sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy & all done by my own fair hands.

Took a long time as keep having to refer to this thread, working out dilution rates, how to apply etc but as i get more used to using these products i will get quicker.

Some questions did come up as i was doing which i will post up sepertaley in a bit

I did take some pics but dont think they really do my efforts enough justice Sad

So to some up guys. Ditch your autoglym, meguiars etc & save some £ & treat your mini's to these goodies you werent regreat it.

Thanks from us both hun for all the time & effort you put in to givin us these recommendations.

I am defo a snow foam/chemical guys converted. Really want to see the differnce on my parents black 58 plate corsa as is only ever washed by me & not looked after so if they make that much diffence on chilli who is cared for i have high hopes for her big sis Laughing

Luv
Dawn/Chilli xxxxx

Just snow foamed, washed & just drying

All Finished - Now for her phot shoot Laughing

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 4th April 2010, 21:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 19:49

Good work Dawn it looks awsome! How long did she take to clean?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 19:56

Between 4-5 hours. Although she wasnt polished or waxed Sad
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 19:57

Oh well still looks great! Hope it lasts!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 19:57

Wow. Ever thought of a role in advertising Dawn Laughing

Chilli looks awesome, and when it comes to replacing my existing products, I know where to look!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 20:09

weebo15 wrote:
Wow. Ever thought of a role in advertising Dawn Laughing

Chilli looks awesome, and when it comes to replacing my existing products, I know where to look!

You Cheeky wasit Laughing Just as well your to far away for me to 'sort u out Laughing Wink

Your have to come & have a trip to the seaside first & bring the others before u can use my supplies Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   21st March 2010, 21:36

Right question time - In no particuluar order (some may be really stupid Laughing Embarassed

Also prob more to come but these are the only one i can think of the top of my head at the mo

When you have snow foamed do you need to dry the car or just leave wet/damp in between doing wheels & wash.

If you made up some snow foam & you have some left over, does it store ok in the bottle for next time

Whats the best way to wash the dodo cloths after use. Machine wash

Whats the best way of drying the inside of my dodo wash mitt. The outside has dried perfectly but inside doesnt seem to want to dry & dont want to ruin it!!!

Can u use the jetseal stuff on other parts of the car apart from your wheels. As it says on the label you can

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 23rd March 2010, 12:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   22nd March 2010, 08:46

Fantastic job there Dawn thumbs up i told you buy quality and you see the difference Wink

I shall get the Polish wax and sealant post up tonight after work and will answer the Q above also

See you later off to work
Back to top Go down
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   22nd March 2010, 08:56

Wow wow wow Dawn Chilli looks amazing, she looked pretty good anyway but now that is brilliant. Just so I know can you just list the items you used and in what order as there seems to be a lot of choice even from our fab guru Taylor.

Well done 5 hours well spent I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   22nd March 2010, 08:57

JCWadventures wrote:
Fantastic job there Dawn thumbs up i told you buy quality and you see the difference Wink

I shall get the Polish wax and sealant post up tonight after work and will answer the Q above also

See you later off to work

Thanks hun Hug

Yeh cant beleive the differnce. Didnt think i woul see that much to be honest but she really does look good

Ok Cool - Thanks for all your help again Hug we really do appreciate it.

Dont work to hard & have a good day

Will pick up 2morrow as on the late shift tonight Sad
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   22nd March 2010, 09:14

Cazzywaz wrote:
Wow wow wow Dawn Chilli looks amazing, she looked pretty good anyway but now that is brilliant. Just so I know can you just list the items you used and in what order as there seems to be a lot of choice even from our fab guru Taylor.

Well done 5 hours well spent I'd say.

Thanks hun Hug Yeh i didnt think she was that bad but she looks amazing & thats even before polish & wax.

The products are vert the same as listed on the firts post but again they are a follows

Bilt Hamber - Autofoam snow foam

Chemical guys - Extreme bodywash & wax

All products listed in the wheels - Except the diabel instead of the sticky orange

Just the Zanio glass stuff as havent got the rest to do the wand thing

Chemcial guys New look trim gel

Havent got the metal stuff yet as cant find a link yet.

Yeh i think it was time well spent to, lets hope its lasts & the rain forcasted keeps away & doesnt ruin her shinny body Laughing

I would say defo get the snow foam at some point, the shampoo, the wheel & glass stuff to start off with. It a really lenghtly process to apply all the initial products but you only have to apply them when the protection wears off after that.

If its made that diffence to chilli - Oscar & Glyde will look amazing to Razz

Hope that helps hun Hug
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   22nd March 2010, 19:54

Ok iv had to go out Mad dont ask Rolling Eyes so my saved polish and wax recommendations are it a word document at home, im sending this from my Iphone Mad - so ill have to post tomorrow Mad
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 10:26

Sorry peeps ive been very busy at work but heres your Polish Section

I assume (and please correct me if im wrong) that not very many people use a machine polisher ? i.e speciality cut pads and dual action polishing machines etc etc ???

So i have picked the best 'By Hand' polishes, that i use (and i have tried quite a few)

Both of these are great : being Chemical Guys naturally Very Happy and best of all they dont leave any white dandruff flakes like are AutoGlym SRP (even when tiny bits are applied Mad )

Chemicals Guys : WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER (A.K.A Mirror Perfect Reflection Wink )

1) formulated with UVA and UVB light absorbers to block the damaging effects of the sun while protecting your paint
2) reduces static charge so no horrid clingy bits
3) these pictures say it all : http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Wet_Shine_Mirror_p/wetmrrr.htm

Chemicals Guys : Rocket Polish

Chemical Guys Blog : ultimate one step aerospace premium polish .An anti corrosion polish that contains no harsh abrassives .Originally designed for the areo space industry this refined nano polish delivers an outstanding swirl free high gloss shine.

further to this it also leaves a protective barrier when applied so more protection from imperfections

Applications : apply in circular motions - Microfibre pads / blocks and buff off with heavy, soft, thick MF cloth or better a RaceGlaze Lambswool Mitt Very Happy you can also get handy tools that hand the process i.e. stick handles that attach to MF pads or hand straps

Metal polish i.e for exhausts etc ! I know it is very hard to get hold of Borla Exhaust Cleaner (i am running low and having difficulty getting some Mad ) next best thing DoDo Juice Supernatural Fine Cut Metal Polish Kit - gives a great shine and you get the microsuede cloth with it thumbs up

Last edited by JCWadventures on 26th March 2010, 12:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 11:26

Ahhhhhhh Wicked Cheers hun Hug

See i new it would b worth the wait as i was looking at the wrong stuff that i thought u would recommend. Yeh i always hand polish, never been able to afford machine polishers & dont know if i would have the confidence to use Laughing

Right were's my plastic - I feel another chemical guys purchase coming on. Just need some nice weather & this rain to stop for me to use. All i say is thank god i wahsed/selaed when i did with this weather. Defo resists the dirt more i think.

Glad it not just me that couldnt get the bolan stuff Laughing

I act just found a very good seller through ebay but has his own site as well that supplies & offers fantastic sevice for dodo products 9times out of 10 cheaper than the websites listed on 1st post - Here's the wesbite http://www.detailed2perfection.co.uk/or its the same name for ebay account, if Dan hasnt got any dodo products listed just give him an email & he will let u no if he can get hold of it. Can only unfortuntely supply dodo at the mo.

Thanks again Hun
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 11:44

and Wax wise :

Zymol Vintage at : £2184

OR ...............

Zymol Royale at : £8146

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 11:46

^^ Laughing even thats bushing my funds/plastic to far affraid No Suspect

Any more affordable suggestions scratch Laughing Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 26th March 2010, 12:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   

Back to top Go down

Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-