View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 077
Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:10

My dad has Royale. LOL
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:17

nortonski wrote:
My dad has Royale. LOL

thumbs up they say free refills for life BUT it will cost you £200-£350 to send it to the US and then takes 4-6 weeks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:22

Yeah, He only ended up getting ot because he was over there and it is about 2/3 of the price over here. Luckily he is over there all the time so he can drop it in. He called it an investment. He said if he is spending 20K on a car then he wants to keep it in tip top condition. Also it smells really nice. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:31

Ah thats ok then if you can drop it in Very Happy i know that Ferrari give a Zymol Wax in a red silk pouch to their customers when they buy a car.
Back to top Go down
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:34

Unfortunatly we dont have a ferrari. LOL, When i pass my test and i start coming to the meets i will bring some for you to try
Back to top Go down
TomK

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:40

Oh i just put a post up about Royale! Didn't see htis till after! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamble-now.co.uk
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:44

T the clay post you put up earlier in the other thread. Do you want me to add to the clay section on here scratch
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:46

Mini S Mad wrote:
T the clay post you put up earlier in the other thread. Do you want me to add to the clay section on here scratch

Oh the one i done for Rob ?

Yeh can do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 12:57

Thanks for that T great post up! Will have a look at my funds and see if I can obtain a few bits!
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   26th March 2010, 13:10

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

Oh the one i done for Rob ?

Yeh can do Very Happy

Yeh -

Ok will do later if i get a chance b4 going back to work - If not will do soon

Just Checking it was right for this thread. As most have never clayed or not very often, just checking there wasnt a step by step to add/further tips for those inexperniced people.
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   27th March 2010, 20:00

JCWadventures wrote:
Your most welcome Very Happy

I see we need recommendations for car washing accessories i.e mitts etc as its not covered in the Shampoo Washing section Wink

Mini S Mad wrote:
Right question time - In no particuluar order (some may be really stupid Laughing Embarassed

Also prob more to come but these are the only one i can think of the top of my head at the mo

When you have snow foamed do you need to dry the car or just leave wet/damp in between doing wheels & wash.

If you made up some snow foam & you have some left over, does it store ok in the bottle for next time

Whats the best way to wash the dodo cloths after use. Machine wash

Whats the best way of drying the inside of my dodo wash mitt. The outside has dried perfectly but inside doesnt seem to want to dry & dont want to ruin it!!!

Can u use the jetseal stuff on other parts of the car apart from your wheels. As it says on the label you can

First post updted with all recommendations to date (i think scratch if not let me no

I still feel we need to finish off perfectly Laughing Wink :

1. Can you still answer my questions above

2. Do u want to add anything to the washing accessories etc section scratch

3. is the following your recommendaions for affordable wax or are you adding/compiling etc for this scratch
Best to be used as an undercoat wax if you get what i mean first layer then use another wax on top, as with all waxes prep is the key and im sure Vik will agree with me on that (DoDo Lime Prime ) no good just claying and then applying wax you need to polish etc etc, paint work cleanser is a MUST !! I.e R222 Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/r222/gloss-enhancing-paintwork-cleanser.aspx?src=google-base or Zymol HD-Cleanse http://www.vertar.com/car-care-exterior/surface-preparation/zymol-hd-cleanse/ or you are just coating wax over dirt and it will spoil your finish.

4. Is there anything else you want to add/chnage etc scratch

Thanks on behalf of us all Hug Hug I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   28th March 2010, 18:58

Are these any good scratch http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels/prod_436.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/handi-grip-applicator/prod_30.html

Last edited by Mini S Mad on 29th March 2010, 10:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   28th March 2010, 19:55

Just compiling the remainder of my wish list & just wanted to check that i have this correct as got a bit confused now Laughing No

Pre wax cleaner

Polish as first post

Wax
Is the dodo red mist,chemical guys as mentioned in polish, either of these or the best wax/sealant scratch
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   28th March 2010, 21:50

^ Sorry Dawn I don't understand that post scratch bit jumbled
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   28th March 2010, 22:04

JCWadventures wrote:

Just checking that there are your recommendations/best products scratch

As got a bit confused with which are the right products Rolling Eyes Razz Sad Laughing

You were advising Rob to use a paint cleanser/pre wax alongside claying so checking if the dodo lime prime is right/best

Are the wax stated the best more affordable option if so which one is the best for the job/chilli scratch

Or whatever else you suggest

As i still need to add the wax & poss the clay ect to my new collection, just sussing if i have enough £ now or go on my wish list Razz

Also the above couple of posts please when u get 5 Hug

Hope that makes things clearer scratch Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 17:49

Mini S Mad wrote:

Right question time - In no particuluar order (some may be really stupid Laughing Embarassed

Also prob more to come but these are the only one i can think of the top of my head at the mo

1) When you have snow foamed do you need to dry the car or just leave wet/damp in between doing wheels & wash.

2) If you made up some snow foam & you have some left over, does it store ok in the bottle for next time

3) Whats the best way to wash the dodo cloths after use. Machine wash

4) Whats the best way of drying the inside of my dodo wash mitt. The outside has dried perfectly but inside doesnt seem to want to dry & dont want to ruin it!!!

5) Can u use the jetseal stuff on other parts of the car apart from your wheels. As it says on the label you can

1) you should Snow Foam and do the wheels at the same time - wheels should always be done first OR you clean up the bodywork they the brake dust etc goes everywhere and you have to pressure wash it off and it goes on the paintwork Wink

2) Ideally not because of the water going stagnant and if the water is hard in your area it will all sit at the bottom - fresh each time really

3) Th DoDo Cloths - are they microfibre ? if so DO NOT USE normal clothes detergent by a Microfibre specific one so that it throughly cleans of the products use or any contamination and is designed to make the microfibre 'fluffy' again and remove oils - normal detergent is not good for the paintwork and it flattens all the fibre piles Wink Just place in the washing machine and add either

4) Ok little trick for drying the Wookies Fist : after throughly rinsing place in the washing machine on SPIN ONLY - then take out get an empty coke bottle the smaller ones and place in inside to keep it proped open then place in the airing cupboard : once dry brush the 'Fur' Laughing with a fine pet combe/brush and Ta Da Very Happy fluffy and ready for use.

5) Yes you can BUT ..... What parts ?? and you can use on Wheels IF you are very careful not to get it on the brakes and brake discs - its great on wheels and brake calipers seals them a treat Very Happy
but you are best to remove the wheel for this Wink

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 17:58

Mini S Mad wrote:

3. is the following your recommendaions for affordable wax or are you adding/compiling etc for this scratch
Best to be used as an undercoat wax if you get what i mean first layer then use another wax on top, as with all waxes prep is the key and im sure Vik will agree with me on that (DoDo Lime Prime ) no good just claying and then applying wax you need to polish etc etc, paint work cleanser is a MUST !! I.e R222 Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/r222/gloss-enhancing-paintwork-cleanser.aspx?src=google-base or Zymol HD-Cleanse http://www.vertar.com/car-care-exterior/surface-preparation/zymol-hd-cleanse/ or you are just coating wax over dirt and it will spoil your finish.

3) No thats for Pre Wax/Polish Paint cleansers Wink

4) Not at this stage - ill comment on what people ask for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 18:01

Mini S Mad wrote:
JCWadventures wrote:

As got a bit confused with which are the right products Rolling Eyes Razz Sad Laughing

You were advising Rob to use a paint cleanser/pre wax alongside claying so checking if the dodo lime prime is right/best

Are the wax stated the best more affordable option if so which one is the best for the job/chilli scratch

As i still need to add the wax & poss the clay ect to my new collection, just sussing if i have enough £ now or go on my wish list Razz

Pre Cleansers - you have a variety - RaceGlaze, Zymol, Swissvax, DoDo - I really rate the RaceGlaze and Swissvax - DoDo is good but pay a wee bit more for the others and they are top notch Very Happy

Wax O.K what do you want to spend on wax ? and ill give you the best one for your money

Clay wise - see the post for Rob they are the best ones Wink
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 19:45

i use the swissvax pre cleanser its the best ive ever used in my opinion!
T how do u know so much on detailing are u a detailer by trade, sorry bit Off Topic
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 19:51

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:
JCWadventures wrote:

Pre Cleansers - you have a variety - RaceGlaze, Zymol, Swissvax, DoDo - I really rate the RaceGlaze and Swissvax - DoDo is good but pay a wee bit more for the others and they are top notch Very Happy

Wax O.K what do you want to spend on wax ? and ill give you the best one for your money

Clay wise - see the post for Rob they are the best ones Wink

WAX - want to get good quaility but not to expensive - either of the dodo or chemcial guys ones i was thinking off, would like to stretach to the dearer dodo but funds wont perimit me to. I am open to your suggestions. Prob £30-£40 but dependant on quality/product that could be stretched.

I still cant make my mind up if to take the plunge & do the full clay thing as like Dave really worried about b****** up

I assuming the pre-cleansers have to 'go hand in hand' with the clay scratch
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 19:54

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

3) No thats for Pre Wax/Polish Paint cleansers Wink

4) Not at this stage - ill comment on what people ask for Very Happy

3. Do you want me to add that as a sepertate section or leave out scratch
4. Glad your happy with the current result. Think it really taken shape, was a good idea & will be really helpful to many & as you said we can add to as & when peeps ask.
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 20:05

JCWadventures wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

1) When you have snow foamed do you need to dry the car or just leave wet/damp in between doing wheels & wash.

2) If you made up some snow foam & you have some left over, does it store ok in the bottle for next time

3) Whats the best way to wash the dodo cloths after use. Machine wash

4) Whats the best way of drying the inside of my dodo wash mitt. The outside has dried perfectly but inside doesnt seem to want to dry & dont want to ruin it!!!

5) Can u use the jetseal stuff on other parts of the car apart from your wheels. As it says on the label you can

1) you should Snow Foam and do the wheels at the same time - wheels should always be done first OR you clean up the bodywork they the brake dust etc goes everywhere and you have to pressure wash it off and it goes on the paintwork Wink

2) Ideally not because of the water going stagnant and if the water is hard in your area it will all sit at the bottom - fresh each time really

3) Th DoDo Cloths - are they microfibre ? if so DO NOT USE normal clothes detergent by a Microfibre specific one so that it throughly cleans of the products use or any contamination and is designed to make the microfibre 'fluffy' again and remove oils - normal detergent is not good for the paintwork and it flattens all the fibre piles Wink Just place in the washing machine and add either

4) Ok little trick for drying the Wookies Fist : after throughly rinsing place in the washing machine on SPIN ONLY - then take out get an empty coke bottle the smaller ones and place in inside to keep it proped open then place in the airing cupboard : once dry brush the 'Fur' Laughing with a fine pet combe/brush and Ta Da Very Happy fluffy and ready for use.

5) Yes you can BUT ..... What parts ?? and you can use on Wheels IF you are very careful not to get it on the brakes and brake discs - its great on wheels and brake calipers seals them a treat Very Happy
but you are best to remove the wheel for this Wink

Hope this helps

Brill thats answered all those - Thanksssssssssssssssss Hug I love you

Snow foam order - Brill i do the wheels first next time. I did think after i did back to front Rolling Eyes i will no for next time & obviously the wheels wont take so long now there selaed fingers crossed pompom yahoo Very Happy
Ok i will throw it away 2morrow, i didnt think it would keep, just no not to make so much up next time Laughing Yes i am pretty sure its hard water here Sad

The microfibres, yes unfort i have used normal washing stuff but have the microfibre wash stuff on my polish wish list. Never new it existed till i found the other week/when u suggested.

Cool tip on the dodo wookie fist - Thankssssssssssss I love you Hug . I had vertually done that apart from the spin tip. Just takes ages to get the inside to dry, the outside dried/brused up brilliantly.

The jetseal, i was just asking as it says you can use on the whole car, so just thought i would ask/double check - This is more a less what it says on the label - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/chemical-guys-jet-seal-109/prod_484.html

Thanks again Hug Hug I love you I love you

Dawn/Chilli xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 20:31

Mini S Mad wrote:
Are these any good scratch http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels/prod_436.html

Can have your opnions on the ^^

Thanks I love you Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 21:58

Mini S Mad wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

Can have your opnions on the ^^

Thanks I love you Hug Hug

The top link looks good deep shag pile fibres Very Happy are they just for general bits and pieces because the DoDo / CG are very very good

AVOID the foam handle like the plague they are CR@P all the products you put on the applicator pad sinks through and all over your hands Mad 2-3 uses then you have to throw them

The best one I have used to date and brought 3 of them Embarassed just incase I lose one or anything is .... As much as I hate to say it the 'Flash' one you can get from Halfords with 3 applicator pads ( which i threw away and just kept the handles ) the handle is solid plastic and holds the applicator pads with strong Velcro it's fantastic the pads never come off Very Happy and ..…they are only £2 at the moment
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   29th March 2010, 22:05

megmini56 wrote:
i use the swissvax pre cleanser its the best ive ever used in my opinion!
T how do u know so much on detailing are u a detailer by trade, sorry bit Off Topic

The swissvax one is excellent thumbs up

No I'm not in the detailing trade I just love car detailing it's a big hobby of mine and I've tried and tested loads of products. through trial and error have learnt alot and have attended professional detailing workshops I can't get enough of it - OCD extreme
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K   

Back to top Go down

Proffesional Cleaning Guide - Chemical Guys,Dodo juice etc - L@@K

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-