HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 13:45

This Shampoo is simply one of the best i have ever used - the gloss it produces and the way it enhances the paintwork is outstanding

I did a little test with it to see just how well it adds gloss - all that i used during the wash process was the Chemical Guys Glossworkz Exclamation Exclamation
(part from the wheels which i used wheel cleaner - Duh ! Rolling Eyes )

No Snow Foam
No Polish
No Glaze
No Sealant
No DoDo Red Mist

I mean nothing zilch Exclamation Shocked Simply washed and dried and heres the results it produced .....

Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 13:47

You missed a bit lol!

wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 13:47

Wow!
That works! Very Happy
Looks brilliant! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 13:48

Moleatrude wrote:
You missed a bit lol!

Rolling Eyes Yeh so did you..... Oh wait NO !! YOU missed the whole car completely lol!
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 13:50

No seriously, it looks really good. Is it just a std Shampoo - that goes in buckets.....like no lance or pressure washer or fairy's doing the work for you?

Is it affordable for me and where can I get it? I MAY clean my car for next weekend......may!

Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 13:50

JCWadventures wrote:
Moleatrude wrote:
You missed a bit lol!

Rolling Eyes Yeh so did you..... Oh wait NO !! YOU missed the whole car completely lol!

Now thats just mean........true but mean!!! Are you coming to the next pub meet T? I may have to do a bit of cleaning to show I'm not all bad!

SpykeyMyk
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

Nice Finish Could save a lot of time before a meet and rob's inspections Suspect
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:01

Moleatrude wrote:
No seriously, it looks really good. Is it just a std Shampoo - that goes in buckets.....like no lance or pressure washer or fairy's doing the work for you?

Is it affordable for me and where can I get it? I MAY clean my car for next weekend......may!

Chemical Guys Glossworkz Shampoo

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/gloss.htm

£8.95 a 16oz bottle (which i initially bought to try it out i have now bought the gallon bottle Embarassed)

This may be an idea though for some of you ... Chemical Guys are doing the 16oz Shampoo and a Lambswool Wash Mitt for £15.95 thumbs up

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/glcomb.htm

All i used was the pressure washer to rinse and the shampoo in a bucket of warm water with my mitt and another bucket of warm water to rinse my mitt Wink
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:05

wicz wrote:
Wow!
That works! Very Happy
Looks brilliant! thumbs up

Thanks Max Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:10

Hrm, I can see a purchase coming on! I also need to find a tape that I can put over the bumpers for when I'm waxing - I ALWAYS get wax on the bumpers!

JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:12

Moleatrude wrote:
Hrm, I can see a purchase coming on! I also need to find a tape that I can put over the bumpers for when I'm waxing - I ALWAYS get wax on the bumpers!

Very Happy

Best stuff to use that is automotive safe is 3M 3434 Masking Tape

Available at cleanyourcar.co.uk Wink
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:22

Thanks T Very Happy

Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 009
Female

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:22

OMG T, based on the cleaning thread I've just spent a small fortune on stuff for cleaning (well stuff for goofy to clean with as part of his birthday present), are you now saying I could have just got this one super dooper product and scrapped all the snow foam stuff including new pressure washer lol!

Still does look good though might be the next purchase when funds have been restored.
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:24

Ooh! I can see some more purchases happening! Very Happy It looks good for those times when I can't do a full on cleaning session! Very Happy Thanks for posting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:27

Cazzywaz wrote:
OMG T, based on the cleaning thread I've just spent a small fortune on stuff for cleaning (well stuff for goofy to clean with as part of his birthday present), are you now saying I could have just got this one super dooper product and scrapped all the snow foam stuff including new pressure washer lol!

Still does look good though might be the next purchase when funds have been restored.

I wanted to do a test to see just how effective it was at adding gloss so imagine what its like when the rest of the stuff is applied Very Happy

Saturday i will be stripping back everything and re-applying new coats of wax etc so thats why i did it Wink

No never scrap Snow Foam i was testing its cleaning strength and capabilities

and remember it has no sealant or protection put on it yet which i havent done so i can see how long the shine and beading lasts Wink
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:28

Moleatrude wrote:
Thanks T Very Happy

vickietots wrote:
Ooh! I can see some more purchases happening! Very Happy It looks good for those times when I can't do a full on cleaning session! Very Happy Thanks for posting! Very Happy

No Probs thumbs up Wink
Back to top Go down
SpykeyMyk
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:31

I use this stuff direct from 3m - cheaper too specially for Automotive Use

http://www.3mselect.co.uk/p-1373-3m-scotch-water-resistant-blue-masking-tape-25mm-x-50m-roll.aspx
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:33

SpykeyMyk wrote:
I use this stuff direct from 3m - cheaper too specially for Automotive Use

http://www.3mselect.co.uk/p-1373-3m-scotch-water-resistant-blue-masking-tape-25mm-x-50m-roll.aspx

Yep thats the stuff exactly the same but as said cheaper Very Happy but if your ordering loads of bits for the sake of a £1 or so i just chuck it in rather than waiting for it to arrive separately
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:35

Wow that's a great shine from shampoo alone, do u think it may look better on your car as it its been polished to high heaven under all that polish/ glaze/ sealnt.
Meg was swissvaxed on suday ready for the meet next sunday if ur coming t!
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:39

megmini56 wrote:
Wow that's a great shine from shampoo alone, do u think it may look better on your car as it its been polished to high heaven under all that polish/ glaze/ sealnt.
Meg was swissvaxed on suday ready for the meet next sunday if ur coming t!

No i have left the car on purpose for the protection and wax to deteriorate a total of 3 months - No wax Exclamation glaze or sealant Exclamation only been using the DoDo Red Mist between then so the paintwork had a little level of protection without compromising the test - as i knew the Glossworkz was coming out and wanted to test it properly Wink

I am stripping everything back to clear coat on saturday for reapplication and new shine / protection cheers

Depends when the next pub meet is and whether im working Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:43

Wow in that case I may get my order in for some!
Thanks t your costing every 1 a fortune with all your experiments lol!
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 14:56

Looks fantastic! I guess my shopping list for car cleaning purchases just got a bit longer...
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 15:59

Def one to have in your wash kit guys thumbs up

Bottom 2 photos show the mirror like shine off best

Ill post up on how long it lasts on its own without sealant in a week or so Wink
Back to top Go down
megmini56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 18:49

so on saturday what products are going to be used to re apply the protection t! i take it the glossworks will be coming out again?
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   6th April 2010, 19:58

Just ordered some, along with the washmit. Are you on commission? Wink Probably been responsible for many many hundreds of pounds worth of sales on cleaning products from SnM members alone Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested   

Back to top Go down

Chemical Guys Glossworkz - Tried and Tested

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-