Power Washer recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 09:25

Right! Parents have said that they will give me money towards a power washer (and maybe I can convince them to get me all the snow foam stuff too!! Wink) for my birthday! So I need to make a decision as to what is a good power washer. What do I need to be looking for? Assuming power and length of hose as well as the ability to connect the snow foam bits to it?? Any tips from any of you who aleady have a power washer??

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 09:50

Karcher are very good. I got a K399M from here:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/productslistSub.asp?Main=Pressure-Washers&sub=Karcher-Domestic-Pressure-Washers

Unfortunately they don't seem to do the K399M any more, but I am sure one of the other similar models would be fine!

I got this snow foam lance:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

It seems to work well, and you can choose which type of fitting you need to work with your model of pressure washer. For a domestic Karcher washer, you just need the Karcher fitting rather than the Kracher Pro fitting.
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 10:52

All depends on how much you want to spend really I use a petrol Pressure Washer with a high bar to get the best out of the Snow Foam Lance, remove brake dust and crud from the wheel arches. Also i dont have to worry about leads as all i do it connect the hose and have brough a long lance hose so i dont have to keep moving it about Very Happy

Snow Foam Lance wise i highly recommend the AutoBrite Heavy Duty Snow Foam Lance :

http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/autobrite-heavy-duty-snow-foam-lance-various-connections-305-p.asp

I recommended this to Dawn and she can vouch how strudy, durable and effective it is - you just need to select the lance attachment to fit your pressure washer

Snow Foam Wise Bilt Hamber Laboratories is top notch add a splash of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n' Gloss or Maxi Suds II and it will come out like shaving foam cheers

*** remember buy cr*p buy twice *** Laughing
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 11:03

JCWadventures wrote:
All depends on how much you want to spend really I use a petrol Pressure Washer with a high bar to get the best out of the Snow Foam Lance, remove brake dust and crud from the wheel arches. Also i dont have to worry about leads as all i do it connect the hose and have brough a long lance hose so i dont have to keep moving it about Very Happy

Snow Foam Lance wise i highly recommend the AutoBrite Heavy Duty Snow Foam Lance :

http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/autobrite-heavy-duty-snow-foam-lance-various-connections-305-p.asp

I recommended this to Dawn and she can vouch how strudy, durable and effective it is - you just need to select the lance attachment to fit your pressure washer

Snow Foam Wise Bilt Hamber Laboratories is top notch add a splash of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n' Gloss or Maxi Suds II and it will come out like shaving foam cheers

*** remember buy cr*p buy twice *** Laughing

Looks like I should have consulted T before buying my snow foam lance Wink I think the Karcher comment still stands (I think!) - more expensive than your average discount pressure washer from the local DIY store, but they seem to have a good reputation.
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 11:10

Karchers are ok but after time they just seem to give up and leak - i have had 3 !! i think its all the plastic components Rolling Eyes But yes alot better that your average DIY P/W. Very Happy

That why i go for the petrol ones with metal components and engine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 009
Female

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 11:14

Hi Vics I upgraded Dan's old Karcher with a new more powerful one for his birthday, it came complete with patio cleaner!!!!!! Tesco Direct had a 2000w at half price so was a bit of a bargain. Seems to work a treat with the snow foam lance (autobrite one recommended by 'T' and Dawn) just think we need to work on dilution levels as still more soapy than foamy.
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 11:22

Thanks guys! Keep them coming!

So basically I am better to look for metal components?? I have had a look on Detailing World before I posted on here and the Nilfisk make seems to get a good review?

I probably don't want to spend more than £150 on the washer. I know that I will spend about £50 on the snow foam lance (thanks for that tip! I will be getting the autobrite one! Very Happy). Just want to get a good set up for a reasonable amount of money! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 11:28

Yes Nilfisk Pressure Washers are very good 👍I have a electrical one (socket and lead based) as well as a petrol one - they use good strong components such as ceramic, brass and stainless steel
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 11:29

Thats good to know! I will have a look at the models available then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kasa
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 14:42

Hi Vickie,
Sorry to butt in on your post, but can someone also answer the following question about Karcher:
I have a Karcher power washer and it comes with the following:
Detergent Tank, Low pressure detergent gun, Variable high pressure lance, Dirtblaster lance
Do I also need the "snow foam lance" or will one of the above be suitable with the snow foam?
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 22:54

^ none of the above will work with snow foam effectively you need to buy a lance.
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   19th April 2010, 23:34

Slightly Off Topic Sorry a slght highjack Wink But if any see or knows of any Lidls with stock of there powerbase power/Pressure washer that was for sale last Thurs can they give me a shout please. I purchased one & it was faulty & not more stock to exchange & the customer service were most unhelpful. I have emailed them but just in case anyone sees any.

Thanks guys & sorry for the highjack Hug Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Washer recommendations?   

Back to top Go down

Power Washer recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-