Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Would people like to be Original Members?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you think the site should recognise 'Original Members'?
Yes
57%
 57% [ 8 ]
No
43%
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   17th September 2009, 17:00

Ok first design anybody? It'only basic (paint, powerpoint)

An embroidered badge could go on almost anything (glued iron on nowadays) caps, jackets, jeans, t shirts.
If we agree on a design, I don't mind finding out how much for embroidered patches and vinyls etc! Done this before with my Wink MA club! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
ollieworks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   17th September 2009, 18:22

its a cool idea, but like has been said before it could discourage people from signing up for not wanting to be isolated, maybe leave it a few months and see how the forum goes then do it! just my 2 cents Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   17th September 2009, 18:31

sorry, where does the "Dirty Dozen" link come from, and wouldn't that only allow 12 people ?

i think Bad Idea if you group people. just give people a step up once they've been here for a specific amount of time/posts.

else you'll alienate people pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   17th September 2009, 18:38

The only other suggestion I can think of is some kind of status for those who have donated to keep the club/forum running, to pay for things like stickers/badges etc.

I am not sure if this is any better or worse than rewarding post counts though, given some may have more spare cash than others, however at least it would be something which people could get in on right after joining so they don't feel alienated.
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   17th September 2009, 18:49

ollieworks wrote:
its a cool idea, but like has been said before it could discourage people from signing up for not wanting to be isolated, maybe leave it a few months and see how the forum goes then do it! just my 2 cents Very Happy

Your 2 pennies are worth diamonds to me ollieworks! If anything is decided it will take some time to implement from my side!

rec wrote:
sorry, where does the "Dirty Dozen" link come from, and wouldn't that only allow 12 people ?

i think Bad Idea if you group people. just give people a step up once they've been here for a specific amount of time/posts.

else you'll alienate people pretty quickly.

Possibly yes! Rec what can I say!? 'the dirty dozen was just an idea if we were to go for a limited amount of people! It could just as well be the 'Dirty Thirty' or 'Gritty Sixty'!!

Solarin wrote:
The only other suggestion I can think of is some kind of status for those who have donated to keep the club/forum running, to pay for things like stickers/badges etc.

I am not sure if this is any better or worse than rewarding post counts though, given some may have more spare cash than others, however at least it would be something which people could get in on right after joining so they don't feel alienated.

Great idea then we get some funding for all sorts of things including the badges! Then add another badge up for grabs every anniversary or something!

It's only ideas at the mo so keep them coming! Would be nice to have a logo'd embroideried badge for me cap though! mmmmm! Laughing
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   17th September 2009, 19:30

Ive been on MINI2 for a while, but havent posted much,
so uve been considered a NEWBIE for AAAGGGES and its quite annoying
you always get the sense people don't think much of you because of that
thats one of the many reasins i prefer SURREY NEW MINI Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 00:17

i hate the whole "original circle of people" mentality. as wicz says, if you're new to the fold you're never ever ever going to get into that original group, and feel like you're always going to be classed as a newcomer.

scrap all ideas to elevate certain members over others. keep mods and members and call it the end. dont provide excuses for people to look down on other people.

i suppose i should vote Razz
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 00:24

Can we still have badges? Razz
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 06:50

and T shirts Razz

checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 08:52

Here you go Dave! Laughing Hope you can see this one Exclamation

Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 09:08

Pfft, t-shirts! This is SURREY New Mini you know, should't it be at the very least polo shirts Razz
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 09:45

Here you go Solarin!

Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 10:19

What time's the shop open Razz

wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 10:41

nothign wrong with t shirts but it seems to have moved away from the original members thing

why don't one of you make a merchandise thread and get busy with the sowing machine! Razz
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 11:24

Yep your right to get this back on topic. I have started a thread 'SnM accessories' for the further discussion of Logo's and stuff! Throw your ideas on here! Wink

http://www.surreynewmini.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Headintheclouds
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   18th September 2009, 13:40

I have to agree with the equality amongst all idea. We don't want people joining to think that we think that we are better than them, just because we started posting before them. There will always be people who just come on now and then, and people that check out the site everyday. We want everyone to feel welcome to join in the threads and come along to the runs however often they are personally able to log in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would people like to be Original Members?   

Back to top Go down

Would people like to be Original Members?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News-