Favourite Cleaning Products

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Favourite Cleaning Products   12th August 2009, 17:07

I thought I would just set this up so that we can keep a list of all our favourite cleaning products and any recommendations.

I will start.

I use Megs Gold Class Shampoo
Clay bar, I am using a Megs Kit, but I also have a Souns Clay kit, but I am also thinking of trying the Bilt Hamber clay!
I like Autoglym Super Resin Polish as it is mild and can hide swirls. But I have also discovered DoDo Juice Lime Prime which is excellent!! Helps produce a great shine! Very Happy
My detailing spray is Megs Last Touch! This is truely amazing! Use it when drying the car and it helps with the shine!! But again I am tempted with the DoDo Red Mist as I have heard good things about that too!
For my wax I am using Collinite 476s, which is incredibly hard wearing (especially as I only wax twice a year), but also works really well on DS. Some people don't get on with it as you only need a really really thin layer and so if you put too much on it can look hazy. Once this is used up then I might move on to something else, but again I like the fact that it is so hard wearing.

Hope this helps some people! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Club Endorser 8
Club Endorser 8

Member Number - SnM : 004
Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   12th August 2009, 20:00

I tend to use Auto glym products, and the 2 bucket method of washing!

For washing the car I use AG shampoo, and for the wheels AG custom wheel cleaner.
I love AG Aqua wax - It's so easy to use, as you spray it on the car when it's still wet - get a brilliant shine for no effort at all Laughing
For the interior I've got AG vinyl and rubber care - leaves all the interior plastic with a nice shine.

I also have Megs quick detailer for a quick clean between washes.

I do have a clay kit, but have been too scared to use it...I'm worried about damaging the paint affraid

If I plan a proper detail of the car, it takes me a whole day, but I love cleaning it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jamski
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   12th August 2009, 21:23

Megs & Auto Glym for me. Haven't got loads of stuff but a megs polish and black trim stuff, and AG shampoo and engine cleaner! Very Happy

Like the megs applicator pads to.

Cuddle Monkey- Jack the Black Cooper - 121.8bhp - CB001 - SnM001.5
http://www.jamesaustin.tumblr.com

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   13th August 2009, 09:58

Also I use Clean Your Car to purchase my products! They have super fast delivery, good prices, I can collect points which translates into money off and I get a nice little thank you note every time I order! Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   13th August 2009, 10:02

Sarah wrote:
I tend to use Auto glym products, and the 2 bucket method of washing!

For washing the car I use AG shampoo, and for the wheels AG custom wheel cleaner.
I love AG Aqua wax - It's so easy to use, as you spray it on the car when it's still wet - get a brilliant shine for no effort at all Laughing
For the interior I've got AG vinyl and rubber care - leaves all the interior plastic with a nice shine.

I also have Megs quick detailer for a quick clean between washes.

I do have a clay kit, but have been too scared to use it...I'm worried about damaging the paint affraid

If I plan a proper detail of the car, it takes me a whole day, but I love cleaning it Very Happy

Don't be scared to use the clay bar. Just make sure you use lots of lube (normally quick detailing spray) spray it on the bar and the paint work. Do a small section at a time. Then wash the car again afterwards (2 bucket stylee Very Happy) You will be amazed how much bonded dirt comes off! Seriously makes your car's paint work feel like glass! Of course you are stripping off protection, so wax will need to be put back on afterwards. I only do mine twice a year with the clay bar, normally before winter sets in and after winter. Even now I can feel the paint is slightly rough at the back and so I will try to do the car in September time. But as you say really need a whole day where it is dry and cloudy.
Back to top Go down
frankie_C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th August 2009, 09:59

Hi peeps!

i also use auto glym products i spend a fortune on them!!!

it takes me a whole day to do my car inside and out cos i am so particular about it looking perfect.

my neighbours think im nuts keep cleaning it but if it aint clean it looks pants
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th August 2009, 10:55

You will fit in just fine then! Razz I am sure that my neighbours think I am crazy too! Embarassed But Jack has to look nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th August 2009, 11:18

What leather polish shall I use for my new wheel? Need to get it back looking like new Very Happy

vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th August 2009, 11:27

Gliptone! :p

Gliptone Cleaner

Gliptone Conditioner

Great products! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th August 2009, 11:30

Fanks!! Down to halfroauds I go!

Alice Cooper
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 005
Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th August 2009, 12:49

Make sure they have a 3 for 2 offer on and get all your bargains!
Back to top Go down
Headintheclouds
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   25th August 2009, 20:27

I use all Autoglym stuff. But will be putting some Dodo Juice stuff on my Chrimbo list I think. Has anyone used in on a dark silver?
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   25th August 2009, 22:18

I got the 'mini backpack of cleaning products' for my birthday so got a product for every part!!! hehe
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   28th August 2009, 10:38

Headintheclouds wrote:
I use all Autoglym stuff. But will be putting some Dodo Juice stuff on my Chrimbo list I think. Has anyone used in on a dark silver?

Aero on tM will be able to advise. He has used DoDo stuff on his DS, although I think he has used the Supernatural which is uber expensive! But worth it apparently! Hope that helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   8th September 2009, 03:37

Hi all!
I've been using the Megs Crystal shine 3 part system; Megs NXT shampoo first, then Megs CS paint cleaner which removes quite a lot of filth! Then the Megs CS Polish, followed by Megs CS carnuaba wax! Brings it up nice and gives very good and long lasting beading! Question do you think using the carnuaba wax every wash is too frequent? I wash once a week on average!

Gonna get me some Super Resin Polish to replace the megs as I've heard very good reports about it!
I haven't used a clay bar yet! What would be a good lubricant if it don't come with one?

Here's a link to 'detailers world'. I was directed here by that nice guy 'Gazza' from TM. It has some really good tips!
My tip is get the stuff you want for the price you want and try not to spend to long washing the car! 2 hrs is plenty for me! Wink

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=132266&highlight=claybar

I want to try the dodo red mist but am a little confused! I hear some people like to use this as a detailer or a polish and a clay lubricant? Whats the difference between a detailer and a polish? Confused
Back to top Go down
Headintheclouds
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   8th September 2009, 09:50

vickietots wrote:
Headintheclouds wrote:

Aero on tM will be able to advise. He has used DoDo stuff on his DS, although I think he has used the Supernatural which is uber expensive! But worth it apparently! Hope that helps! Very Happy

Thanks Vickie. Will do.
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   9th September 2009, 11:01

checkpoint wrote:
Hi all!
I've been using the Megs Crystal shine 3 part system; Megs NXT shampoo first, then Megs CS paint cleaner which removes quite a lot of filth! Then the Megs CS Polish, followed by Megs CS carnuaba wax! Brings it up nice and gives very good and long lasting beading! Question do you think using the carnuaba wax every wash is too frequent? I wash once a week on average!

Gonna get me some Super Resin Polish to replace the megs as I've heard very good reports about it!
I haven't used a clay bar yet! What would be a good lubricant if it don't come with one?

Here's a link to 'detailers world'. I was directed here by that nice guy 'Gazza' from TM. It has some really good tips!
My tip is get the stuff you want for the price you want and try not to spend to long washing the car! 2 hrs is plenty for me! Wink

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=132266&highlight=claybar

I want to try the dodo red mist but am a little confused! I hear some people like to use this as a detailer or a polish and a clay lubricant? Whats the difference between a detailer and a polish? Confused

My understanding on Red Mist is that you can use it as a detailer, so when claying or when drying the car to help with drying and also after waxing to remove any wax dust. It is also meant to be good in between waxes if you just want to wash your car and not wax etc.

In terms of the difference between a detailer and a polish, a detailer is purely for cleaning and will not remove any scratches or the clear coat etc, it is harmless to your paint, but will help with the shine etc. A polish shouldn't be used over much as you will be reducing the clear coat. So I tend to clay, polish and wax every 6 months normally. In between I will just wash and wax. Also if you do end up claying (which I can totally recommend), you will have to wax afterwards as you will be removing any protection.

Hope that helps. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   9th September 2009, 13:27

Yep that's great! Cheers Vickie! Now I am frightened to use my megs 3 system fully! affraid Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   9th September 2009, 17:41

I'm even more confused Shocked Exclamation

"Life's too short not to!!"
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   11th September 2009, 09:42

Maybe I need to give lesson! :p Although I am no expert myself! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   11th September 2009, 17:18

I spoke to a knowledgeable guy in a shop in Aldershot today & he recommended Meguiar's NXT tech wax Question

Anyone used it Question

"Life's too short not to!!"
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   14th September 2009, 15:32

Must admit that I haven't. But have got a few Meguiars products that I like! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hartge 210
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   20th September 2009, 00:01

I've been using Adams Polishes products ever since I won some in a competition on MINI2 Laughing, really good stuff that I'd thoroughly recommend.

Another favourite of mine is Chemical Guys, especially thier New Look Trim Gel, a bottle lasts for ages Wink

Here's a few piccies:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Cleaning Products   

Back to top Go down

Favourite Cleaning Products

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-