Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
R5CPD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 20:33

A bit more vinyl work is going on this week with Annie's MINI. Very Happy Today both the dashboard and A-panels have been completed. Smile Hopefully by the end of the week the front door trims and rear should be done too! Here's some pictures of the work so far! Smile

Paul Smith stripped dashboard. Smile

Dashboard partially stripped to allow wrapping of the individual dashboard sections.

Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 20:46

Brilliant. Loving the Paul Smith evolution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 20:51

looking good. doesnt the dash pop off with out taking the top off. When i changed mine i just unclipped mine.
Back to top Go down
MCS crazy
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 205
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 20:59

love the new additons Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by MCS crazy on 31st May 2011, 21:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
R5CPD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 21:01

As you say Jack, most of it was held in with clips. There was a screw each holding both of the outer sections underneath, and then 3 screws on the centre section around the speedo. Smile

It's only 4 screws that hold the whole dash top on, so I thought it was easier to take this off to allow access to the fixings for the passenger airbag cover, as well as the other sections too. Very Happy

Glad everyone seems to like it. Very Happy Annie's still over the moon that the chap doing the factory tour at Plant Oxford on Friday said how much he liked it too! Smile
Back to top Go down
jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 21:18

ah i see. I dont have screws on mine Sad
Back to top Go down
R5CPD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 21:22

Your's is obviously the lightweight version, not like ours laden down with a tonne of extra screws holding everything together! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 21:37

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   31st May 2011, 22:57

R5CPD wrote:
As you say Jack, most of it was held in with clips. There was a screw each holding both of the outer sections underneath, and then 3 screws on the centre section around the speedo. Smile

It's only 4 screws that hold the whole dash top on, so I thought it was easier to take this off to allow access to the fixings for the passenger airbag cover, as well as the other sections too. Very Happy

Glad everyone seems to like it. Very Happy Annie's still over the moon that the chap doing the factory tour at Plant Oxford on Friday said how much he liked it too! Smile

That looks brilliant, I love the dash! High I was just going to say John the tour guide loved your roof! Very Happy

Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 005
Female

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   1st June 2011, 07:23

Looking good & very different thumbs up
Back to top Go down
R5CPD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   13th June 2011, 22:45

Finally the Paul Smith project was completed just in time for Beaulieu, but obviously given the horrible weather, I'm not sure everyone got to have a look at the latest things that have been added! Smile So here's some pictures I took tonight in case you missed it. Smile

Door mirror covers have been wrapped in this light blue colour which matches a colour found in the stripes. Smile

The rear spoiler has been wrapped to match the roof too. (.. and you can spot our neighbour's VW Golf midway through having it's bodykit being colour coded. It's a bit of a modding hotspot around our place at the moment!)

Door trims all striped up too and matching the dashboard!

Despite the poor weather yesterday, the highlight for us was meeting Mike Cooper and asking him to autograph Annie's handbook! I told him how happy we were with the car and 'his' JCW tuning kit and to thank him and his late father for making it all happen. Smile He said he was happy we were enjoying it and that he was grateful for our thanks. Smile So pleased to have met the great man in person! Well made up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Finally, does anyone who owned the other BRG MINI that came onto our stand with the stripy roof too? Would have loved to have got a photo of them both ours together, but course the weather put pay to that. Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   13th June 2011, 23:30

I caught a brief glimpse of it yesterday, and thought it looked fantastic! I love it, always been a huge fan of the Paul Smith stripes Very Happy

Mike is a really nice fella isn't he, he's only 5 mins along the road from me, and last year was kind enough to sign a model of the Paul Smith Mini which I'd bought for a friends 21st birthday, as he is another fan of the famous Paul Smith striped Mini - I'll see if I can find the pics later Smile

The BRG Cooper was Dan from DS Graphics Smile

*edit* here's the model Smile

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 00:05

Wow! That's great Ian. Smile Love the model!

Yes, agree with your feelings about Mike Cooper. Very friendly and chatty. Very Happy Fair play to him too in coming over in the grim weather like the rest of us. Very Happy Shows the man is a proper Mini enthusiast like us all! Very Happy Certainly have an even higher opinion of Mike (if that's possible), after meeting him in person yesterday! Very Happy

Annie and I will have to catch up with Dan at some point for a couple of stripy snaps! Smile
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 03:58

Really like the finished project. The interior stuff looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 09:31

Love the striped interior, had a look at it at Beaulieu on Sunday.

I often see Mike Cooper out and about round here in his WC50 MINI, as the Cooper offices are just down the road from me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 13:31

R5CPD wrote:
Wow! That's great Ian. Smile Love the model!

Yes, agree with your feelings about Mike Cooper. Very friendly and chatty. Very Happy Fair play to him too in coming over in the grim weather like the rest of us. Very Happy Shows the man is a proper Mini enthusiast like us all! Very Happy Certainly have an even higher opinion of Mike (if that's possible), after meeting him in person yesterday! Very Happy

Annie and I will have to catch up with Dan at some point for a couple of stripy snaps! Smile

It's great isn't it, and they are actually cheaper to buy from the Paul Smith site, rather than ebay!

Did you see Mike's WC50 parked up? He has 002 Very Happy

You definitely need to get some pics of the 2 cars together, it's funny that they're both BRG too! afro

NeilAndHisMini wrote:
Love the striped interior, had a look at it at Beaulieu on Sunday.

I often see Mike Cooper out and about round here in his WC50 MINI, as the Cooper offices are just down the road from me.

I love his car, the WC50 is such a nice model, shame about the price Shocked

I spotted your car in Chandlers this morning Neil, mine's in there for a few days too Smile

Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 13:55

Quote :
I spotted your car in Chandlers this morning Neil, mine's in there for a few days too Smile

Yes, I had the brake pad warning light come on on the way home from Beaulieu on Sunday.

Took it into Chandlers for them to check it out, as I'd only had new front pads fitted a couple of weeks ago.

Turns out one of the rear calipers had failed and worn right through the pad Shocked

That'll be £500 it's cost me so far this month, think it would be cheaper to get a classic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 15:47

That looks good. Is it one sheet of multi coloured vinyl or individual stripes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
mjnewham
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Member Number - SnM : 203
Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 16:03

Andy wrote:
That looks good. Is it one sheet of multi coloured vinyl or individual stripes?

I was just thinking that myself!
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/mjnewham
R5CPD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 17:54

It's a digital print with a clear laminate over the top. If you look closely at the order of the stripes around the car, you can see each section is from the main pattern image, but scaled up / down in size dependent on where in the car the wrap was placed. Smile We are really pleased with how it has turned out. Smile
Back to top Go down
jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   14th June 2011, 19:01

that looks like a top job!
Back to top Go down
martyc

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   18th June 2011, 16:54

I saw your car at L2B and it looked great in person, definitely stood out amongst the crowd! Smile

Plus, owning one myself, it was great to see another BRG car around, I don't see them too often.
Back to top Go down
millbrookmini
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   19th June 2011, 10:32

Only one word comes to mind - WOW! Looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
david

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   19th June 2011, 16:54

Fantastic!!
Back to top Go down
Robz

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   13th May 2012, 14:08

Looks amazing - where can I get the Paul Smith roof wrap?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!   

Back to top Go down

Our new Paul Smith roof wrap + JCW Upgrade!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Exterior & Exterior Electronics :: 1st Gen-