HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tony2e

Male

PostSubject: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   25th July 2011, 17:54

Re my Clubman Cooper S 57-plate: lately I have notice a temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration.

I googled the problem and saw this thread which points to perhaps a fuel pump that needs replacing:
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/stock-problems-issues/210334-temporary-rattle-and-power-loss-under-hard-acceleration.html

Has anyone here ever experienced the same issue?

Tony Question
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   25th July 2011, 18:32

Mine was doing exactly what you've said, turned out it had no oil in it whatsoever - might be worth a check if you haven't done so already Smile
Back to top Go down
Tony2e

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   25th July 2011, 18:41

thanks Smile Yes, checked oil and coolant. Oil level is at 50%. Will give Wood @Hook a call tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   25th July 2011, 21:25

Tony, Asda sell the correct oil and a lot cheaper than Halfords and a whole lot cheaper than the dealers.......

Also it's within BMW/MINI tolerances to use 1 litre per 800/1000 miles Shocked

Tony2e

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   29th July 2011, 14:59

UPDATE: I topped up the oil and it seems the problem has gone away. But I will keep a close eye on it. I was going to have a diagnostic check done at Wood but the cost would be around £50. So I will ensure oil levels remain at 100% and monitor the situation.

Thanks for the oil tip Nikola!
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   29th July 2011, 17:26

Whilst the R56s do have an oil level warning sensor I would trust one. It is easy to check the oil - best done on level ground after the engine has stood for at least 10 mins.

Keeping the level at the MAX is best.

It is also important about using the correct grade and the correct standard - all oils are not the same and using one that does not meet the standards is a false economy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration   

Back to top Go down

Temporary rattle/ticking noise and power loss under hard acceleration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 2nd Gen-