Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Anything good for the back of the front seats?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamski
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   14th August 2009, 11:37

Mine have always been a bit marked and actually look a bit poop! I know scratches are probably there to stay but is there anything people use to make them look better??!

Thanks,

James.

Cuddle Monkey- Jack the Black Cooper - 121.8bhp - CB001 - SnM001.5
http://www.jamesaustin.tumblr.com

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
frankie_C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   14th August 2009, 11:43

i usually find a small scrubbing brush and soapy hot water does the trick and then use vinyl & rubber cleaner gives it a good look Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamski
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   14th August 2009, 11:45

frankie_C wrote:
i usually find a small scrubbing brush and soapy hot water does the trick and then use vinyl & rubber cleaner gives it a good look Smile

Thank you, i'll give it a go. Any particular cleaner? I have a Meguires one that I do the exterior black trim with, so that may do the trick?

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
frankie_C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   14th August 2009, 11:55

well i use auto glym i have the whole valet kit but fairy liquid is good to use to actually clean the plastic interior bits and the exterior come to think of it especially if you get polish on the black trim.

i find that if you just use trim cleaners it does not always remove the grime and then you get polish marks on the trims very frustrating!!
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   14th August 2009, 11:58

Yes I was going to say just warm water, a mild soap and a smallnail brush or something. Unfortunately the pattern nature of the trim means that dirt does get stuck right in. Think it is important to make sure that the seat backs are then dried properly. I don't normally put anything on my trim as I don't like the shiny plastic look, so no advice there! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jamski
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   14th August 2009, 12:26

THanks everyone! Smile

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
Jamski
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   16th August 2009, 19:19

Didn't do the seats in the end. Did everything else though!! Tried a new leather to dry the car off. Not sure if I like it though but did get rid of the water marks. Really needs a good polish!! :scared:

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   16th August 2009, 21:24

Jamski wrote:
Mine have always been a bit marked and actually look a bit poop! I know scratches are probably there to stay but is there anything people use to make them look better??!

Thanks,

James.

I assume you mean the scratches have taken the colour off Question A trick I've used on other items is a felt tip pen, the correct colour of course lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything good for the back of the front seats?   

Back to top Go down

Anything good for the back of the front seats?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-