Share | 

MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   29th February 2012, 19:11

• Sixth JCW model in the current MINI range
  • First JCW model with ALL4 all-wheel-drive technology
  • Newly developed 218hp turbocharged petrol engine
  • World premiere at Geneva Motor Show 2012
  • On sale in the Autumn

MINI’s exciting new model launch programme continues apace – literally – with the arrival of the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.

The performance-oriented flagship four-door Countryman is now the sixth member of the JCW family. But it’s the first to combine the brand’s motorsport pedigree with the critically acclaimed ALL4 all-wheel drive system. The debut of MINI’s six-speed automatic transmission as an optional extra is another unique feature on this car.

Standard features include an advanced aerodynamic kit, lowered sport suspension, 18-inch light alloy wheels, sports stripes and exclusive design features.

It will take centre stage for its world debut at March’s Geneva Motor Show and go on sale in the autumn priced at £27,800 in the UK. It takes the current MINI range beyond 40 variants for the first time, with still more to come.

The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman is powered by a newly developed 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. It boasts a twin-scroll turbocharger, direct injection and variable valve control based on BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.

The power plant reaches its maximum output of 218 hp at 6,100 rpm and generates peak torque of 280 Nm between 2,000 and 5,600 rpm. The Overboost function briefly pushes this up to 300 Nm.

Performance will not disappoint JCW fans. The Countryman accelerates from 0-62mph in 7.0 seconds with either the manual or automatic transmission. Top speed is 140mph, or 139mph on the auto. The MINI JCW Countryman is the most powerful MINI production model of all time.

The ALL4 all-wheel-drive system uses an electromagnetic centre differential to distribute drive seamlessly between the front and rear axles. In normal conditions ALL4 allows 50 per cent of power to the rear wheels, rising to anything up to 100 per cent when the going gets tough.

The chassis has been developed on the back of MINI and JCW’s motorsport expertise. It includes a front axle with MacPherson struts, central-arm rear axle, electric power steering and a model-specific, high-performance braking system.

John Cooper Works sports suspension is standard, with stiffened spring and damper settings, strengthened anti-roll bars and a 10-millimetre drop in ride height over the standard Countryman. DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) with DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) is also on every car. It means the Countryman provides outstanding agility and driving fun on any terrain.

A Sport Button is also fitted, sharpening the engine’s responses, retuning the exhaust note and adjusting the steering’s power assistance.

MINIMALISM technology – including Brake Energy Regeneration, Shift Point Display and Auto Start/Stop for models with a manual gearbox – means maximum efficiency. The result is fuel economy and CO2 emissions figures of 39.2mpg and 167g/km respectively (35.3mpg and 187g/km on the auto).

In keeping with the John Cooper Works heritage, the Countryman has enhanced visual impact over its siblings. The muscular aprons and bespoke side skirts are new and have been optimised for aerodynamic performance. Customers can choose from seven exterior colours and a contrasting finish can be specified for the roof and door mirror caps. That’s available in the Chili Red shade that’s exclusive to JCW models, or Light White or Jet Black. The iconic ‘John Cooper Works’ logo appears on the radiator grille, tailgate, door sills and near the side repeaters.

The car’s interior – available as a four or five-seater – also gets unique styling details. Sports seats in Diagonal Track Carbon Black cloth trim with contrasting red stitching have been designed specially for the new model. Piano Black trim strips around the cockpit, door panels and centre console are standard. Chili Red trim on the cockpit, door and centre console are exclusive to this model.

As with all MINIs, a wide range of comfort, convenience, design and technology options is available for the John Cooper Works Countryman.

To see the John Cooper Works Countryman in the metal, visit MINI’s stand at March’s Geneva Motor Show.

The MINI press conference will take place on the MINI stand at 14:00 on 6th March.

Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   29th February 2012, 19:41

Never been a big fan of the countryman, but I want one of these NOW! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   29th February 2012, 19:57

I thought this might get a few people excited Big Grin and there will be an auto for you Mike Wink

Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   29th February 2012, 20:03

118 wrote:
I thought this might get a few people excited Big Grin and there will be an auto for you Mike Wink

Noticed that, lazyness ftw Smile
Back to top Go down
*Vikki*

Female

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   29th February 2012, 20:45

Its reminds me of JayneB countryman.... why does it have JCW R50/R53 brakes though? Brembos would look much better!
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   29th February 2012, 21:21

This was book marked for the Clubbie replacement when I got it, all part of the our plan for the future Very Happy

Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   1st March 2012, 20:02

I think i would buy the 5 door Golf R Design at that price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
mjnewham
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Member Number - SnM : 203
Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   1st March 2012, 20:09

may as well post this video here Smile

Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/mjnewham
mini madness
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   1st March 2012, 20:20

Bring it on cheers
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   1st March 2012, 20:46

This is looking exciting Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   2nd March 2012, 09:25

£28K before options?

You really would need 'Mug' written all over your forehead to buy one at that price.

That and no eyes.
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   2nd March 2012, 19:15

SSCooperS wrote:
£28K before options?

You really would need 'Mug' written all over your forehead to buy one at that price.

That and no eyes.

It had better come pretty near fully loaded for that price I would hope! (I doubt it, but I can live in hope...)
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   3rd March 2012, 17:45

That is pretty cool looking,.. for a countryman Razz
Back to top Go down
MCW
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   3rd March 2012, 21:02

I like it. Asked Andy for a test drive and it is not available until the 1st September...
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   4th March 2012, 00:15

SSCooperS wrote:
£28K before options?

That and no eyes.

Don't know about that! you pay your money and take your choices......

I don't smoke or drink but tend to spend a fair bit on high spec'd cars that take my fancy......

One life so live it how you want is my motto...... Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINI Countryman Gets The John Cooper Works Treatment   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News :: MINI News-