click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Gloss Black Spraying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt93

Male

PostSubject: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 07:30

Applies to any car really so may be in wrong area. Having a go at spraying some of the spare trim I have, its been primered and sprayed gloss black but this is my first time using that colour. Its not a 2k paint so guessing I have to lacquer?? What about wet sanding after the gloss black? Don't want it to look matte you see.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 07:40

Hi mate, you will need to lacquer over the top ! Then wet sand with 1500 and then trizac it.This will loose the orange peel effect then ideally 2 part machine polish to give the final smooth Finnish. I have just got in some Matt effect lacquer that I'm yet to try ! . ( I Owen Revive alloy referb and car paint repairs)

Cheers

Jim.
Back to top Go down
Matt93

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 07:45

Alright professional! ha I don't have a machine polisher so will have to be by hand

What is trizac? never heard of it Smile
Back to top Go down
jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 11:22

Laughing trizac is what we use on our palm air sanders they are a soft disc pad made up of loads of microscopic pyramids of polish. We use these after 1500 with the palm sander then polish. If you are close to didcot I'll let you have a go with my polisher thumbs up
Back to top Go down
PrincessRiot
Competition Support
Competition Support

Member Number - SnM : 035
Female

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 15:51

It's alot easier than you think, I preped resprayed and laqured my mirror caps and they look pretty decent even if I do say so myself. Btw. Gold callipers and mirror caps on a purple car ftw!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt93

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 16:52

jimkim wrote:
Laughing trizac is what we use on our palm air sanders they are a soft disc pad made up of loads of microscopic pyramids of polish. We use these after 1500 with the palm sander then polish. If you are close to didcot I'll let you have a go with my polisher thumbs up

Oh never heard of that! Seriously, you wouldn't want to trust me with anything! Thanks for the offer tho Smile

PrincessRiot wrote:
It's alot easier than you think, I preped resprayed and laqured my mirror caps and they look pretty decent even if I do say so myself. Btw. Gold callipers and mirror caps on a purple car ftw!!!

I've sprayed stuff before its just gloss black i always find a pain. I've done it but i'm not happy with it, I put it over the old trim on the old bumper and took a picture and i'll upload it in a second Smile

Really gold? got a picture?
Back to top Go down
jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   25th April 2012, 17:36

lol! your welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gloss Black Spraying   

Back to top Go down

Gloss Black Spraying

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Exterior & Exterior Electronics :: 1st Gen-