Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 07:59

Hi Guys ,
please find below details of the model changes for July 2012

MINI John Cooper Works Countryman:
The new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman is the largest and most powerful model to join the MINI family. It’s also the first John Cooper Works model to feature all-wheel drive. With a power output of 218hp and up to 300Nm of torque, performance is guaranteed whilst fuel consumption is impressive at 39.2mpg on the combined cycle for the manual model.

Planned for launch in October (exact date TBC), we are able to open up advance ordering in SA3 in line with the rest of the July Model Year Actions.

MINI John Cooper Works Pricing:

Model Code Model Description Retail Price OTR Cost OTR Price
XD12 MINI John Cooper Works Countryman £27,800 £795 £28,595

New John Cooper Works Engine:
From July, all R5x John Cooper Works models will be fitted with a newly developed N18 1598cc engine. Performance output of the engine in terms of power and torque will remain unchanged, however MINIMALISM features including Automatic Start-Stop, Brake Energy Regeneration and Shift Point Display will now feature as standard.

These MINIMALISM features will bring benefits in terms of CO2 reductions and fuel consumption improvements. Technical data will be uploaded to the InfoNet on Friday 11 May.

Given the new engine introduction, all John Cooper Works models will receive new model codes.
John Cooper Works models with automatic transmission:
In line with the new engine introduction, all R5x and R60 John Cooper Works models will be available to select with an optional six-speed automatic transmission featuring steering wheel paddles as standard.

Automatic R5x John Cooper Works models will not be fitted with the Alcantara steering wheel. Instead these models will be fitted with a three spoke sport leather steering wheel with red stitching and will feature a John Cooper Works emblem on the middle spoke. Both manual and automatic John Cooper Works Countryman models will be fitted with this leather steering wheel.

Models Ending Production:
The MINI Clubman Hampton will no longer be offered after the end of Week 26, June 2012 production.

MINI Range Standard Equipment Changes:

- The standard plastic knee roll for R5x models will change from Dark Grey to Carbon Black. Option 4C1 soft-touch knee roll and armrests will still be available as an option.

- Removal of John Cooper Works interior trim emblem from the passenger side dashboard fascia on all R5x John Cooper Works models.

- The air conditioning button will change from the icicle symbol to ‘A/C’.

- The aux in position (and USB socket where fitted) will be moved forwards for easier access on all R5x models.

MINI Range Optional Equipment Changes:

Optional Equipment Changes:

- 249 Cruise Control button will change from ‘I/O’ to speedometer dial symbol.

- 327 White, 329 Black and 3AK Silver Bonnet Stripes offered on MINI One/One D R5x models.

- Removal of restriction of Bonnet Stripes to Roof Colour on all R5x models.

- 384 White alloy wheels and 2RV Black alloy wheels will be deleted for all R5x models. In their removal the following new option codes will be introduced:

- 2PX 17” Cross Spoke Challenge alloy wheels in Black
- 2GH 16” 6-Star Twin Spoke alloy wheels in Black
- 2GS 17” Conical Spoke alloy wheels in Black
- 2F6 17” Infinite Stream Spoke alloy wheels in White

- 3AF Silver Roof no longer available with B24 Eclipse Grey for R58 Coupé models.

- 3AF Silver Roof no longer available with B24 Eclipse Grey, B43 High Class Grey, or B28 Ice Blue for R55 Clubman models.

- 7HN MINI Sport Pack on MINI One/One D models will be upgraded (at cost) to include Sport seats 481 and the John Cooper Works Chequered cloth upholstery ATP9 as the default.

- 7HN MINI Sport Pack in combination with automatic transmission will now also feature the red stitching on the steering wheel, handbrake and gear lever gaiter.

- T9IN Carbon Black/Championship Red Lounge leather available on all R5x models in combination with 7HN MINI Sport Pack.

- TZGK Satellite Grey Lounge leather will not be available with 4UK Five Seat option on R55 Clubman models.

Deleted Options:

- 2RW 17” Web Spoke Black alloy wheels

- FKE6 Rooster Red cloth/leather Ray

- FTGM Ice Blue cloth/leather Cross Check

- T9GV Classic Green Lounge leather

- T9E7 Hot Chocolate Lounge leather

- 4BU Hot Chocolate Colour Line

- 4BS Hot Chocolate interior world

- 4BE English Oak interior trim

New Options:

- 2F7 17” MINI Yours Twin Spoke Black alloy wheels (dark grey centre cap) for all R5x models.

- 321 body colour lower C-Pillars extended offering to B28 Ice Blue and A94 Midnight Black for R55 Clubman models.

- 327 White Bonnet Stripes extended to R55 Clubman models.

- 3A2 Black headlight reflectors. Option extended to all R5x and R60 models.

- 3AK Silver Bonnet Stripes extended to R57 Convertible models.

- 3BG White mirrors caps for R57 Convertible and R59 Roadster models.

- 4C9 Pepper White interior trim introduced for all R5x models (no dependency to exterior colour).

- 4CN Toffee Colour Line offering extended to R55 Clubman and R57 Convertible models.

- 4DA Striped Alloy interior trim introduced for R5x John Cooper Works models.

- FTDT Toffee cloth/leather Cross Check offering extended to R55 Clubman and R57 Convertible models.

- T8FP Carbon Black/Beige Punch leather offering extended to R56 Hatch, R55 Clubman and R57 Convertible models.

- T9DT Toffee Lounge leather offering extended to R56 Hatch, R55 Clubman and R57 Convertible models.

- T8E1 Carbon Black Punch leather offering extended to R58 Coupé and R59 Roadster models.

- 7H6 MINI Green Park Pack – introduced for R56 and R55 Cooper/D and Cooper S/SD models. Consists of Pepper White exterior colour (including option 321 – body colour lower C-Pillars) with roof and mirror caps in British Racing Green. Also included are MINI Green Park Bonnet Stripes and Side Stripes. The interior trim is finished in Pepper White.

- 7H7 MINI Hyde Park Pack – introduced for R56 and R55 Cooper/D and Cooper S/SD models. Consists of Pepper White exterior colour (including option 321 – body colour lower C-Pillars) with roof and mirror caps in Hot Chocolate. Also included are MINI Hyde Park Bonnet Stripes and Side Stripes. The interior trim is finished in Pepper White.

Lastly

In follow-up to the MINI Product Actions – July 2012 Bulletin we would like to inform you that the introduction of the new N18 engine which will be present in all R5x John Cooper Works models has been postponed by a maximum of two months until September 2012 due to production reasons.

The current R5x John Cooper Works models with the N14 engine will still finish production at the end of June and R5x John Cooper Works model production will therefore be interrupted for up to two months.

Please note that this postponement will also tie in with the annual shutdown of Plant Oxford during this period.

We are hopeful for an earlier introduction and will update this Bulletin with any changes.

Technical data for the new N18 John Cooper Works engine will be released as soon as possible and the models will be set-up to allow for forward ordering once the production date is confirmed.

Any questions please ask

Andy
Back to top Go down
Emily

Member Number - SnM : 016
Female

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 09:56

Some great changes especially being able to have the red stitching on autos and red piping with a sport pack!

So from july all these changes will be introduced?

Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

Member Number - SnM : 786
Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 16:42

Kind of annoying owning a 2011 JCW

I am most interested by this

4DA Striped Alloy interior trim introduced for R5x John Cooper Works models.

HMMMMM

Hopefully shift indicator is a simply ECU update - would be nice to have it
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 16:49

AM_AUTOS wrote:
Kind of annoying owning a 2011 JCW

Can be I guess! but the world is constantly revolving and updates being issued on all things, be it cars, Apple products etc etc

In my view whatever you buy will be outdated not long after!

So if you want it, get it, why wait (unless it's due anyday)

Personally I hated the stop/start on the 2 S's I owned and more so after one failed to start at traffic lights in Guildford in the rush hour Rolling Eyes

AM_AUTOS

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 16:54

Never had a problem with start stop

People dont change their driving style thats

My dad hates it with an passion

MINI One had it start stop problem but LIMP Mode activated

I get 47mpg on motorway runs with JCW with air con on at 22 degrees
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 16:58

I got around 50mpg on a motorway run then got bored and came off early and had a blast across country lanes the rest of the way Wink

AM_AUTOS

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 17:17

Davyboy wrote:
I got around 50mpg on a motorway run then got bored and came off early and had a blast across country lanes the rest of the way Wink

I do the same

Boring driving it slow for AGES
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 18:29

50mpg! i get 41/42 trying very hard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
*Vikki*

Female

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 19:09

Blimey Ive only ever managed 38.8 thats driving softly!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 20:02

My average is 33.8mpg currently but even with cruise on the motorway I only get 42.
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 20:49

Andy wrote:
My average is 33.8mpg currently but even with cruise on the motorway I only get 42.

Arr but what speed do you have it set at? Wink

Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 20:50

*Vikki* wrote:
Blimey Ive only ever managed 38.8 thats driving softly!

But how big are your heels Wink lol!

Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:03

Davyboy wrote:
Andy wrote:

Arr but what speed do you have it set at? Wink

On the motorway im pretty good after too many close calls Rolling Eyes so between 70-78.
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:18

Set it at 60/65mph, boring I know but your mpg will go up Wink

Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:19

Davyboy wrote:
Set it at 60/65mph, boring I know but your mpg will go up Wink

Im off up to coventry tomorrow night so might try it and see what it will do.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Female

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:36

So are they bringing back the stop/start!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:41

Thanks for the updates Andy, some very interesting ones there! Very Happy

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:43

Emily wrote:
So are they bringing back the stop/start!

They are Emily, it's only the JCW that doesn't have it at present.

Emily

Female

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:49

Oh we are on about the engine turning off at traffic lights not the actual button itself?

The coupe I drove a few weeks ago didn't turn off???

Confused again!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    4th May 2012, 21:53

There are lots of parameters to it turning off.....

Engine temperature
Outside temperature
Battery charge
etc etc

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine    

Back to top Go down

July Model changes - Including new JCW Engine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News-