AuthorMessage
Mrs Mini
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 019
Female

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 08:11

MCW wrote:
Chris, I have no idea what has been going on to cause this decision as I have not been as involved with the club as I would like to (personal circumstances) But surely this is the wrong way to deal with an issue? You were so welcoming to me, and others by the comments on this page and you will clearly be sorely missed. It would appear that you love the club and all that you do for it and that this is a big part of your life and you have made some great friends.

In these circumstances, surely it is better to deal with the problem and those who are causing you such upset? Maybe not you personally, but the other administrators should deal with the issues and even ban people who are causing the problem.

I am a member of the Ben Cohen Foundation which is an anti bullying foundation. My principles are therefore to deal with any form of bullying and would be happy to help if needed?

Please, please reconsider your decision and address the problem. You should not suffer for others. Please feel free to inbox me on here or facebook if I can help.

Love and respect, Marcus

Brilliant text Marcus please Reconsider Chris sad High
Back to top Go down
madhoonerbird
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 08:31

well ive had a bad nighst sleep,cant stop thinking that the club needs chris and so do the members,the mods need to talk to chris to clear anything up that has been going on,look at this post it says it all,

Reconsider Chris we all need you Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
jd46

Member Number - SnM : 046
Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 09:20

What a shock reading this! Shocked sad

Not sure what to say. But all the best for the future. See you around sometime, hopefully? Hug
Back to top Go down
JAS
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 09:41

madhoonerbird wrote:
well ive had a bad nighst sleep,cant stop thinking that the club needs chris and so do the members,the mods need to talk to chris to clear anything up that has been going on,look at this post it says it all,

Reconsider Chris we all need you Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Well said Mandy - we ALL agree with you
Back to top Go down
Alice Cooper
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 005
Female

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 10:06

Thanks each and every one of you for taking the time to post your comments/thoughts - I really appreciate it, I honestly do but when the Passion, Enthusiasm and Excitement has gone it's time to call it a day I think!

I love you

Back to top Go down
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 62
Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 10:25

bladetaz wrote:
mini madness wrote:
This is a sad day that a Snm member such a Chris and Alice cooper feels the need to leave a growing and vibrant club you will be missed by all

Well said gaz,,,,,,

I could not agree more , It's not going to be the same without you chris

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
R5CPD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 11:36

Again I can only add the to praise given to Chris for all her hard work and effort. It's a real shame this has happened, but having been in a similar position myself with a Ford owners club I know the pressures of trying to keep everyone happy with meets and events, and that it can get a bit personal at times. Sad

However, given the my experiances of SNM, everyone certainly seems understanding and supportive of the work that event organisers do, as it's a massive undertaking to sort everything out. I've immense personal respect for Chris and was shocked and surprised over this news. I can only hope that some time away to recharge the batteries and to think up some new idea's for the club might prompt a welcome return some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 12:05

MCW wrote:
Chris, I have no idea what has been going on to cause this decision as I have not been as involved with the club as I would like to (personal circumstances) But surely this is the wrong way to deal with an issue? You were so welcoming to me, and others by the comments on this page and you will clearly be sorely missed. It would appear that you love the club and all that you do for it and that this is a big part of your life and you have made some great friends.

In these circumstances, surely it is better to deal with the problem and those who are causing you such upset? Maybe not you personally, but the other administrators should deal with the issues and even ban people who are causing the problem.

I am a member of the Ben Cohen Foundation which is an anti bullying foundation. My principles are therefore to deal with any form of bullying and would be happy to help if needed?

Please, please reconsider your decision and address the problem. You should not suffer for others. Please feel free to inbox me on here or facebook if I can help.

Love and respect, Marcus

Sorry, I just need to step in here, as this is how rumours start.

Marcus, I can assure you that there is no bullying, and if there was, anybody involved would be dealt with accordingly (just as they have been in the past) - the reasons for Chris' decision have nothing to do with anything that occured on the site or in the club.

It's clear that nobody wants Chris to step down as our Event Support, and even more so to step away from the club completely. Chris has been a member for a long time, and done a lot for the club, however sometimes people do feel they need some time away (whether it be for personal reasons or something else). We don't want Chris to leave either, but she will always be welcome here and the door will always be open.

Chris, if you wish to reconsider after reading everybody's comments, you know we would have you back in a flash Very Happy

Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 12:49

Apologies Ian, I have clearly misread if this is the case, put 2+2 and got 6!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 14:00

MCW wrote:
Apologies Ian, I have clearly misread if this is the case, put 2+2 and got 6!!

That's ok Marcus, I just don't want the rumour mill to get started and then the club start to suffer through something that isn't true Smile

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 14:52

118 wrote:

It's clear that nobody wants Chris to step down as our Event Support, and even more so to step away from the club completely. Chris has been a member for a long time, and done a lot for the club, however sometimes people do feel they need some time away (whether it be for personal reasons or something else). We don't want Chris to leave either, but she will always be welcome here and the door will always be open.

Chris, if you wish to reconsider after reading everybody's comments, you know we would have you back in a flash Very Happy

I totally and fully agree with Ian and everyone else, also it's what and how Chris feels.....

Maybe after the wedding things will look different! with the preparation involved it's no wonder you need a break Smile

Just take your time and enjoy the wedding then hopefully we will see you back where you belong Smile

Oh by the way, when's the next Brighton Rocks run with the famous pecan cake Smile

Hug

Alice Cooper
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 005
Female

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 20:25

Blimey Dave - they are oldies Smile the pics that is Wink
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 21:04

Alice Cooper wrote:

They might be Chris! so I need some up to date ones then Wink

Sooner rather than later though Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 21:11

Alice Cooper wrote:

So are some of the people in them silent lol!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    9th June 2012, 21:14

118 wrote:
Alice Cooper wrote:

So are some of the people in them silent lol!

They are from two different events as couldn't find a cake photo from The Brighton Run! Smile

kasa
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    13th June 2012, 08:39

affraid OMG, I go away for 2 weeks and all of this happens. I'm am VERY sad to be reading this on my return.

All I can say chris, is walk away and chill, get the wedding sorted and come back as a normal Member (if any of the members are normal - lol! ).

Take a back seat for a while and enjoy yourself again, let other people do the organising. NONE of us want to see you walk away for good.

Take care hun. Hug Hug

Back to top Go down
mjnewham
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Member Number - SnM : 203
Male

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    14th June 2012, 11:20

Sorry to heaR that you're leaving Chris.. you will certainly be missed but I really hope you wont be a stranger and pop over to some of the events still..
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/mjnewham
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye all    

Back to top Go down

Goodbye all

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News-