The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   28th February 2013, 21:48

Driving fun earns immediate rewards: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected.
New, globally unique function is part of the updated MINI Connected app – Drivers collect points for skilful acceleration, gear changes, steering and braking – Intuitive operation and familiar MINI presentation using the joystick and on-board monitor.

MINI provides the perfect stage for show-stealing driving fun, but it is down to the driver to deliver the perfect performance. And now the Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected is on hand to highlight just how skilfully and safely drivers are exploiting the potential of their new MINI. This innovative and globally unique function assesses how safely drivers can accelerate and steer the car, and how well planned their gear changes and braking can be. The results are displayed on the onboard monitor, with Experience Points (XP) awarded for sporty but safe driving. The Driving Excitement Analyser is another addition to the existing Driving Excitement suite of features and therefore included in the MINI Connected App update, which drivers can access in their MINI via their iPhone. The free update will be available from March 2013 from the Apple App Store and can be uploaded into the car via an iPhone.

The Driving Excitement Analyser is the latest example of how MINI owners can enjoy a distinctive brand of driving fun through the intelligent link-up of the driver, car and outside world. The MINI Connected app is regularly updated to include new and innovative infotainment, driving fun and social network functions. In cars equipped with the MINI Visual Boost radio or MINI navigation system, MINI Connected already offers features such as a web radio function, the Google Local Search and Send to Car services, use of Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare, the AUPEO! and Stitcher services, reception of RSS news feeds, use of the iPhone’s calendar, and the Driving Excitement, Mission Control, Dynamic Music and MINIMALISM Analyser functions. All are intuitive to use and presented with customary MINI flair with the help of the MINI joystick, steering wheel buttons and onboard monitor.

The Driving Excitement Analyser allows drivers to experience the hallmark MINI driving fun in even greater depth. In addition to the Condition Check function, Force Meter and digital sports instruments already included in the Driving Excitement app from MINI Connected, the new points system rates the driver’s ability to pilot the MINI with a sporty yet steady hand. Praise is given to particularly sprightly sprints, precise gear changes, controlled braking, smooth cornering and U-turns executed at well-judged speeds. For example, the system awards maximum Experience Points for upshifts carried out within the ideal rev range and in less than 1.2 seconds. Super-slick gear changes prompt a “Perfect change up” message on the on-board monitor, while a “Breathtaking U-turn” and a masterful touch with the anchors (“Well-balanced braking”) are similarly recognised with top marks and positive, MINI- style feedback. At the opposite end of the scale, no points are given for potentially dangerous manoeuvres. Instead, excessively sharp braking and precarious or erratic cornering cause a warning to be displayed on the monitor.

In other words, sustained poise and assurance at the wheel are the key to sending a driver’s points total skywards. Topping 100 points in any of the four categories results in promotion to the next level. Added to which, drivers can collect badges reflecting their accomplished acceleration, gear changes or cornering technique within the scope of special tests. Navigation-linked badges are awarded as a special bonus, lighting up on the onboard monitor if the MINI passes one of the essential destinations identified by the app – the MINI factory in Oxford, for instance.

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   28th February 2013, 21:50

That's brilliant! I want it!
Back to top Go down
Mackem13
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 317
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   28th February 2013, 22:30

Found out when I picked mine up today that Mini have not sorted the USB connection for the iPhone 5 yet. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   28th February 2013, 22:55

Mackem13 wrote:
Found out when I picked mine up today that Mini have not sorted the USB connection for the iPhone 5 yet. Shocked

Boooo Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad No No

But then doesn't suprise me
Back to top Go down
Madpig
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 356
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   28th February 2013, 23:10

I've just had that update through on my phone this evening......going to check it out tomorrow after work........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GarryS
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 248
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   1st March 2013, 22:13

Looks like a hoot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emily

Member Number - SnM : 016
Female

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   21st January 2014, 18:13

How do I update this I have a 5s so can't connect it to my car but the app on my phone is still version 2.6 and when I go onto the App Store it says it's the current version?!
Back to top Go down
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 282
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   21st January 2014, 21:40

Is it only available from an I phone ?
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   21st January 2014, 21:56

iPhone or iPod can do it - mine runs fine from an iPod touch. If you want the web bit (to be honest I can't see the point other than for web radio), you should be able to set up internet sharing from your phone to iPod and do it that way.
Back to top Go down
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 282
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   21st January 2014, 22:07

Great will try the I pod,I can do with out the web,but I want this app !!
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   21st January 2014, 22:50

It needs to be an iOS iPod and I think it has to be iOS5 or newer connected via a y cable
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   21st January 2014, 23:12

Emily wrote:
How do I update this I have a 5s so can't connect it to my car but the app on my phone is still version 2.6 and when I go onto the App Store it says it's the current version?!

Mine's version 2.6 too, do you have the 30 pin to lightning adapter for your phone, so you can plug the Y cable into it? If you do, it should just work - you may need to enable it in the 'apps' bit in the MINI Connected app on your phone though Smile

Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   22nd January 2014, 06:20

Moon wrote:
iPhone or iPod can do it - mine runs fine from an iPod touch.  If you want the web bit (to be honest I can't see the point other than for web radio), you should be able to set up internet sharing from your phone to iPod and do it that way.

Google Send to Car, Web Radio and Online search ive all found useful and all need web connection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   22nd January 2014, 13:29

Just commenting on what I've used - i don't even know what the online search is! Find putting a post code or road name in easy enough, its a bit faffy at times but not too bad. That said i only drive the mini any distance for mini events so don't use sat nav very often in it. Either way though you could probably still do it over wifi sharing?!
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   22nd January 2014, 15:52

Moon wrote:
Just commenting on what I've used - i don't even know what the online search is!  Find putting a post code or road name in easy enough, its a bit faffy at times but not too bad.  That said i only drive the mini any distance for mini events so don't use sat nav very often in it.  Either way though you could probably still do it over wifi sharing?!

That's exactly how I do do it - share the WiFi off my Android phone. I used the online search to find a pub to stop at in the nearby vacinity for a drink as we were running early, and being online it was more up to date than the sat nav itself.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Member Number - SnM : 016
Female

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   22nd January 2014, 19:52

118 wrote:
Emily wrote:

Mine's version 2.6 too, do you have the 30 pin to lightning adapter for your phone, so you can plug the Y cable into it? If you do, it should just work - you may need to enable it in the 'apps' bit in the MINI Connected app on your phone though Smile

Ahhh that's ok then, how do I check what version my car has? No I only have a 30pin Y cable at the moment waiting for the dealer to get the new iphone 5 Y cable in! Then I can start using it again!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   22nd January 2014, 21:29

Emily wrote:
Ahhh that's ok then, how do I check what version my car has? No I only have a 30pin Y cable at the moment waiting for the dealer to get the new iphone 5 Y cable in! Then I can start using it again!

I can't remember where it is off the top of my head, but it does tell you in the manual, it's the screen where you update the software, you can check the current version too. I think the updates you can download from the MINI site only updates the devices that are compatible, it doesn't add any new features to the software itself Smile

Hopefully that damn cable will be available soon, I have the adapter, but I want the lightning cable too! Razz

Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   23rd January 2014, 15:47

118 wrote:

Hopefully that damn cable will be available soon, I have the adapter, but I want the lightning cable too! Razz

My local dealer have ordered them, expected in Monday.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   23rd January 2014, 22:18

Ooooh interesting! Not many seem to know much about them still!

Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 248
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   29th January 2014, 11:21

Just received an email from MINI regarding the tech on the F56; below is an extract:

While you take charge of the road, MINI Dynamic Music takes care of the soundtrack. Playing tunes that have been exclusively composed for Mini, MINI Dynamic Music adjusts the rhythm based on your driving style. With access to over 70,000 Webradio stations, real-time traffic and weather information, and a direct link to your friends via social media, there’s hardly any reason to get out of your car again. So just sit back and enjoy the ride. In the New Original, it isn’t hard to do.

Have I missed the point here; I thought the pleasure of MINI ownership was the driving experience?
Back to top Go down
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   29th January 2014, 12:07

I thought the same Garry - there's about one line in that email about the driving experience, and the rest is all about how you can distract yourself with gadgets  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   29th January 2014, 19:46

I have Dynamic Music in the Coupe. Have never used it - I choose my music thank you (although i fear in doing so premature rattleation may occur)!
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   29th January 2014, 23:04

The music is pretty shoddy too having tried it! It'd be good if it could somehow work out what the music on your ipod was suited to and play that though!
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   29th January 2014, 23:10

Moon wrote:
The music is pretty shoddy too having tried it!  It'd be good if it could somehow work out what the music on your ipod was suited to and play that though!

That is exactly how it should work. Blimey, we agree on something?
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   29th January 2014, 23:39

Stranger things have happened!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected   

Back to top Go down

The new Driving Excitement Analyser from MINI Connected

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News :: MINI News-