Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Have BMW Finally got their pricing more reasonable?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
emu-p

Member Number - SnM : SnM086, PW011, NmS008
Male

PostSubject: Have BMW Finally got their pricing more reasonable?    12th March 2013, 10:23

Feeling like s*** yesterday - full of Man flu so not far off dying!!
Was turning around in a tight road heading home from work in the morning and did not spot the broken kerb-stone sticking up out the ground more like a tombstone, until crunch I hit it hard, to frightened to look at the damage I drove home dreading the cost of the repair and kicking myself for not paying more attention!.
Upon inspection at home I had punched a hole right through the lower section (black bit)of the JCW Front bumper the wing trim on the near side was hanging off and the nearside fog lamp/indicator was hanging out!! oh well that is gonna be an expensive lapse in concentration!!
It looks like the lower section is in three parts so I phoned the local stealer for an estimate only to find it's not in three parts you have to buy the whole lower section as 1 unit dreading the cost I read over my credit car details so he could put one on order!!
Then two shocks OK sir that will be £100.01 so I said oh yeah plus Vat!! No Sir inc VAT and it will be here for collection at 2PM !!!
I was expecting a much greater cost & at least a couple of weeks wait for delivery....
So a couple of hours last night dropping off the front bumper and swapping over the trim (which despite being told by their body shop is easier on an R56 than an R50 it certainly is not it's far more involved) last night my pride & Joy was back to 100% and although I could have done without the £100 repair bill it was much better than feared or than a £250 excess on my insurance.
Back to top Go down
MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6

Member Number - SnM : 365
Male

PostSubject: Re: Have BMW Finally got their pricing more reasonable?    12th March 2013, 11:04

I done the same thing a few weeks ago when i went paint balling, i was turning around in there dodgy pot holed car park and cruch, a tree stump. i had a look @ the damage and its scuffed the left side lower trim and popped the fog trim out slightly. hopefully i dont need a new 1. I will see properly when iv washed my car. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down

Have BMW Finally got their pricing more reasonable?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Exterior & Exterior Electronics :: 2nd Gen-