Share | 

The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 00:29

The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London.
Taking on the world: Yesterday London, today LA, tomorrow Shanghai.

London / Los Angeles / Shanghai. Born in Great Britain but at home all around the world, it is fitting that the new generation of the MINI should be presented in three cities on three continents over three days. First up was London, where fans and VIPs flocked to the city’s legendary Sorting Office venue yesterday to celebrate the arrival of the new MINI.

From Oxford to London.
Yesterday afternoon the new MINI rolled off the assembly line for the first time at the BMW Group/MINI plant in Oxford, where the first classic Mini was also produced back in 1959. An historic moment indeed. And to celebrate in suitable style, the BMW Group invited around 500 guests for an evening at the Sorting Office venue in the heart of London. When a British icon like MINI decides it’s time to party, everyone comes out to play: there was singer and London local Ellie Goulding, it-girl Peaches Geldof, Made in Chelsea stars Kimberley Garner and Diego Bivero-Volpe, singer Lianne La Havas, fashion designer Henry Holland, model Poppy Delevingne, actresses Laura Bailey, Kelly Eastwood and Jaime Winstone, Sugababe Jade Ewen, fashion designer Amy Molyneaux and television presenter Zara Martin. Goulding even took a turn behind the DJ decks exclusively for MINI, before synth-pop band du jour Fenech Soler hit the stage for an hour-long live set. “We’re touring at the moment and will be on the road for another three weeks,” said Fenech Soler singer Ben Duffy. “But we’ve never had a MINI on as a support band. Sharing the stage with it was a lot of fun – it’s a proper rock star!” Little Dragon DJ Set then took over at the DJ decks to keep the party guests bubbling merrily through to midnight.

The party goes on: Today in Los Angeles.
The unveiling of the MINI on American soil will be celebrated this evening, 19 November, at the Kim Sing Theater in Los Angeles. 175 guests have been invited for the occasion. American electro-pop band Passion Pit will be performing live.

The finale in Shanghai.
On 21 November approximately 200 guests will set eyes on the new MINI for the first time at the impressive Waterhouse location in South Bund. Live on stage will be a band who have been big MINI fans since the MINI United Festival in 2012: Gossip and their front-woman Beth Ditto.

All new, all MINI – the new MINI.
The new MINI is one thing above all: a car with even more MINI about it. The new-generation model has made significant advances in every area when it comes to driving fun, quality and individuality. With new design solutions and exquisitely crafted exterior and interior details, the new MINI is more modern, eye-catching and versatile than ever.

The global launch of the new MINI will take place in the first quarter of 2014.

Ellie Goulding

Pips Taylor

Peaches Geldof

Poppy Delevingne

Laura Bailey

Kimberley Garner

Fenech Soler

Henry Holland

Ella Catliff

Nik Thakkar

Jade Ewen

Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 02:08

A full write up of the premiere evening from myself and Ben's perspective will be online tomorrow evening, and it'll include who was there, what we got up to, what we thought of the car, pointing out features and things about the car that may not be immediately noticeable, etc Very Happy

Member Number - SnM : 786
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 14:02

I dont know who most of those celebs are

Only know who Ellie and jade are

I am getting OLD or something

Hiding Smiley 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 14:13

Glad it's not just me being old, apart from Ellie I have no idea who any of them are Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger34
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6

Member Number - SnM : 408
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 14:13

AM_AUTOS wrote:

Hiding Smiley 
Hi Ali, you've now joined the "old duffers" section of SNM. Welcome!!!!wave
ps: Hope you are well.
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 14:15

Thats alrite

Let me go get my slippers and hot chocolate

jamski 
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 18:04

Probably because they're predominantly z listers Ali, I wouldn't let it make you feel old!
Back to top Go down
Lytesben

Member Number - SnM : 409
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 21:00

Moon wrote:
Probably because they're predominantly z listers Ali, I wouldn't let it make you feel old!
I wouldn't really have said that they were Z listers. More that they are known within circles that aren't generally as well known to the public - there were quite a few people from creative and fashion backgrounds.

And there were people that even I recognised whilst milling around Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrs Mini
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 019
Female

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 21:10

Roger34 wrote:
AM_AUTOS wrote:

Hiding Smiley 
Hi Ali, you've now joined the "old duffers" section of SNM. Welcome!!!!wave
ps: Hope you are well.
Phew I thought it was just me being an old duffer lol! lol! lol! queen 
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   21st November 2013, 21:26

Lytesben wrote:
Moon wrote:
I wouldn't really have said that they were Z listers. More that they are known within circles that aren't generally as well known to the public - there were quite a few people from creative and fashion backgrounds.

And there were people that even I recognised whilst milling around Smile
They're not Daniel Craig or Victoria Beckham though are they! You could argue on that basis that people from certain industries are celebrities! There's the odd one that's fairly known, but aside from Ellie Goulding they're basically 'has beens' or 'famous' because of who their parents are...
Back to top Go down
*Vikki*

Female

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 08:34

I think Mr Bean should have been invited!
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 11:09

Plus his hot daughter
Back to top Go down
*Vikki*

Female

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 14:34

I didnt know he had a daughter! (Post a pic!)
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 15:45

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rowan+atkinson&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=rowan+atkinson's+daughter&biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7C9-Nr2Nk2lJ3QkM%3A

AM_AUTOS

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 19:06

Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 19:15

Not bad, but you'd hve thought she could at least have bushed her hair!
Back to top Go down
L333 CLC
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 1007
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 19:51

On the contrary, I think she very much 'bushed' her hair Big Grin Wink
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 20:00

felt_tip_felon wrote:
On the contrary, I think she very much 'bushed' her hair Big GrinWink
It's Friday!! And I've not got my glasses on at the minute so all sorts of crazy things are happening.
Back to top Go down
L333 CLC
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 1007
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   22nd November 2013, 20:37

^ Mwhahahahaha made me chuckle! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Madpig
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 356
Male

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   23rd November 2013, 08:34

His wife and his daughter are more than welcome to look at my Mini.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London   

Back to top Go down

The new MINI. VIPs and fans celebrate a glamorous world premiere in London

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News :: MINI News-