View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 029
Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:14 pm

... and yet they use blades
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:17 pm

The paint doesn't look that bad on mine though does it?! They've been washing it for over a year now and I don't think it looks bad! But that's probably because I see it everyday!
Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Well to be fair you are lucky with Pepper White because it is a flat finish not metallic so swirls won't show Smile Have you looked at it in bright sunlight to see if there is any swirling where the sun hits?
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Nope, don't think I want to now either! You've all got me paranoid!!
Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Aw we are only trying to help preserve the life of your precious MINI, I am sure no damage has been done, and any light scratches can be detailed out anyway - hint: easiest place to spot the scratches that may exist all over is on the bonnet stripes Wink
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:14 am

I love that JCWWC 50 what a great car!
What a terrible way to treat it too!

Mind you the JCWWC50 could do with just a few minor adjustments to improve the look from great to awesome (beltline and light rims blacking out)!
using one of my patented pens!
Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 am

Hello Rob! Not seen you for ages, you been away? Smile
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 am

Hi mike hope you had great xmas and new year celebrations!
yep been having a little breather as it were!!
Hope you have been washing all the salt away from Scuzzy!

Last edited by checkpoint on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 am

Rob - it's Paul not Mike! Razz

Nice to see you back.
Back to top Go down
checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:53 am

Yeah I know Nik it's a thing we do or I do Lol! he hates it Lol! see i am back! ha ha!
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 am

Ahhhh! That's good - you really are back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:48 pm

checkpoint wrote:

Mind you the JCWWC50 could do with just a few minor adjustments to improve the look from great to awesome (beltline and light rims blacking out)!

i like your thinking thumbs up

and welcome back Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 pm

checkpoint wrote:

Yeh the Head Light / Tail Light Rings definitely need blacking out - spoils the black head lights !
and the Side Scuttles the Chrome has got to go and whilst your at it the belt line as well - PERFECT

Cant believe they did put a special badge on it though i.e. World Championship 50 on the boot like they did with the GP Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Headintheclouds
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Rob, Hope that you had a fab Chrimbo, Happy New Year. Great to see you back on here again.
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Elphaba wrote:
Well to be fair you are lucky with Pepper White because it is a flat finish not metallic so swirls won't show Smile Have you looked at it in bright sunlight to see if there is any swirling where the sun hits?

I did this today, really wish I hadn't now! I will learn to wash my car myself!!
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:42 pm

nikola wrote:
Elphaba wrote:

I did this today, really wish I hadn't now! I will learn to wash my car myself!!

affraid Bad then Nik ............ ?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:47 pm

nikola wrote:
Elphaba wrote:

uh oh. hope its not too bad!
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:47 pm

I am really glad i got round to doing chilli this morning. She all clean, polished & waxed up again pompom
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:03 pm

JCWadventures wrote:
nikola wrote:
Elphaba wrote:

affraid Bad then Nik ............ ?

I shall attempt to take a photograph at some point, it looks bad in my eyes though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Well i suppose as long as you need to look closley to see them, then i suppose its not the end of the world. T will kill me for saying that Laughing
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 pm

It's like light lines over it, that was the bonnet, so I stopped looking after that. I did have to look quite closely though - I won't be looking again in a hurry. Sad
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:19 pm

andyjt1990 wrote:
Well i suppose as long as you need to look closley to see them, then i suppose its not the end of the world. T will kill me for saying that Laughing

Ay you Razz lol - no you don't have to look closely - in sunlight, and headlights they are very apparent Crying or Very sad

Nik how many times roughly have you been down there and it what sort of state was the car i.e. dirt wise ?

Rob at Magic Valet does machine polishing - i had my GP done by him after collection from the dealers Very Happy - so have that option for a fresh slate or ....

DoDo Lime Prime to fill them in - Not a permanent solution though Sad
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:20 pm

hehe i thought i may get a reaction to that comment Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
nikola
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:24 pm

JCWadventures wrote:
andyjt1990 wrote:

Ay you Razz lol - no you don't have to look closely - in sunlight, and headlights they are very apparent Crying or Very sad

Nik how many times roughly have you been down there and it what sort of state was the car i.e. dirt wise ?

Rob at Magic Valet does machine polishing - i had my GP done by him after collection from the dealers Very Happy - so have that option for a fresh slate or ....

DoDo Lime Prime to fill them in - Not a permanent solution though Sad

Probably at least twice a month, most months - for over a year! Sad Always really, really filthy - just visible number plate level of dirtiness!

I'm going to Rob to do my wheels - so I might save some more pennies and get it washed properly too.
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:24 pm

andyjt1990 wrote:
hehe i thought i may get a reaction to that comment Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   

Back to top Go down

Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-