View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 029
Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 19:46

Will it also stain plastic trim, eg the arches?
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 19:47

Chilli was polished & waxed using Autoglym yesterday & today she is covered in muck, dust etc again Sad. I was wondering if it's best to just use my meguiars quck detailer wax to wipe that off or is it best to wash her again??

Any suggestions gratefully recieved
Dawn/chilli xx
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 19:56

You could asked them not to but i would still be inclined to give it a strong wash at least but bear in mind preparation is the key ! and there will be small amounts of tar and grime etc from transportation and time at the factory so i would clay as well at least to get off the stuff from the factory Wink and that way you know you have a squeaky cleaning flat slate

Well it is really only designed for Paintwork, chrome (lacquered) and painted parts so i wouldn't advise you using it i would imagine it leaves a grey sheen on the plastics - i.e. as polish does and that will be hard to put right again Shocked so id tape them up along with other bits of rubber i.e the seal/lip around the roof if you you want to put it on.
Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 19:57

PAH, selling it lol
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 19:58

Mini S Mad wrote:
Chilli was polished & waxed using Autoglym yesterday & today she is covered in muck, dust etc again Sad. I was wondering if it's best to just use my meguiars quck detailer wax to wipe that off or is it best to wash her again??

Dawn/chilli xx

How bad is the dirt ?

AS its salt on the roads id say rewash Megs Quick Detailer is not thick enough to remove salt etc without causing damage - designed really for i.e. pollen dust in summer months at shows etc Wink
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 20:01

Elphaba wrote:
PAH, selling it lol

lol! i looked into it a while back binned the idea after looking into it - mainly because of the limitations to the products you can use after application and so be honest as said there is far better stuff out there Wink
Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 20:02

Oh well, I reckon I will make a profit Smile

Not that anyone on HERE will want it now - so shhh on tM
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   3rd January 2010, 20:03

Elphaba wrote:
Oh well, I reckon I will make a profit Smile

Not that anyone on HERE will want it now - so shhh on tM

silent
Back to top Go down
vickietots
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 09:53

OMG!!! I can't believe the state of that WC50!!! Disgraceful!!! I have noticed a few swirls on the Clubbie! Sad Definitely not me as I only got round to cleaning him for the first time yesterday! I think I will save up some money for a proper detailing.

Also I love Dodo Lime Prime! Used it on Jack! Great finish!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 10:17

This is the longest thread that I haven't read in the Forum! I read the first post - I'm pretty sure that wasn't a sponge that caused that....more a brillo pad! I now know the reasons that

1) I don't visit dealers

2) I don't let anyone wash my car but me

3) I (now!!) won't use a sponge!

JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 10:19

Moleatrude wrote:

3) I (now!!) won't use a sponge!

Yes converted cheers Razz

(Where you been ? now seen you about for a while Smile )
Back to top Go down
Moleatrude
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 10:28

not entirely sure! I've only logged on a few times during the holidays...think I've been drunk or hungover lol!

Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 11:40

Mini S Mad wrote:

Dawn/chilli xx

Well afree our little trip out she was covered in salt from windows downwards & couldn't see a thing out of my windscreen so she just had a quick wash. Although got to go to work this avo so she will prob be covered again by tonight Sad

I wanted to get that salt off her after seeing how filthy it made my windscreen Sad
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 19:13

Mini S Mad wrote:
Mini S Mad wrote:

Dawn/chilli xx

Well afree our little trip out she was covered in salt from windows downwards & couldn't see a thing out of my windscreen so she just had a quick wash. Although got to go to work this avo so she will prob be covered again by tonight Sad

I wanted to get that salt off her after seeing how filthy it made my windscreen Sad

Thats the great thing about Snow Foam in this weather removes the salt safely and if you just want to get the muck off without full wash and dry routine is great as you leave it to soak the CR*P away then hose down Wink

Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   4th January 2010, 20:13

Look what you did to the back of that Peugeot lol
Back to top Go down
JCWadventures

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   5th January 2010, 10:41

Elphaba wrote:
Look what you did to the back of that Peugeot lol

I didn't snow foam that car i got the pic off the net LOL - but HAHA Peugeot will need a clean now - prob only the next door neighbours Shocked oh well Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your   

Back to top Go down

Exactly the reason why you SHOULD NOT let dealers wash your

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-