Surrey New MINI Owners Club
 
HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in


click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 
 

 Wheel woolies......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mackem13
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
avatar

Location : West End
Member Number - SnM : 317
Join date : 2012-06-06
Posts : 1834
Points : 2082
Reputation : 106
Male

PostSubject: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 12:45

Wheel woolies....? Has anyone used these and if so are they any good?
Back to top Go down
Wicker'd Wonder
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7
avatar

Location : West Sussex
Member Number - SnM : 1007
Join date : 2013-09-29
Posts : 1983
Points : 2166
Reputation : 123
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 12:53

I've not used them but the site I use for my cleaning bits says this about them...

Our PB Wheel Woolies have been our bestselling wheel brushes for well over a year now, and for good reason, as their performance smokes the competition! As a result, we could be forgiven for sitting back and simply enjoying the sales, but as enthusiasts ourselves, we know that it's always great if good things are made even better. And this is what we've done with our PB Wheel Woolies, which have now been renamed as PB Luxury Wheel Woolies. Why? Well, for starters, we've extended the handle of the medium brush to match that of the large brush, and made all of the shafts a little bit stiffer. This is something that many of you with wide wheels and massive brake calipers have specifically been asking for. Next, we've made the ultra-soft polypropylene heads a little bit denser and longer, in order to increase their coverage and cleaning power. Although a bit pricey, our PB Luxury Wheel Woolies remain the best wheel cleaning brushes you can buy, and as such come highly recommended.

they sound good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mackem13
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
avatar

Location : West End
Member Number - SnM : 317
Join date : 2012-06-06
Posts : 1834
Points : 2082
Reputation : 106
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 16:32

felt_tip_felon wrote:
I've not used them but the site I use for my cleaning bits says this about them...

Our PB Wheel Woolies have been our bestselling wheel brushes for well over a year now, and for good reason, as their performance smokes the competition! As a result, we could be forgiven for sitting back and simply enjoying the sales, but as enthusiasts ourselves, we know that it's always great if good things are made even better. And this is what we've done with our PB Wheel Woolies, which have now been renamed as PB Luxury Wheel Woolies. Why? Well, for starters, we've extended the handle of the medium brush to match that of the large brush, and made all of the shafts a little bit stiffer. This is something that many of you with wide wheels and massive brake calipers have specifically been asking for. Next, we've made the ultra-soft polypropylene heads a little bit denser and longer, in order to increase their coverage and cleaning power. Although a bit pricey, our PB Luxury Wheel Woolies remain the best wheel cleaning brushes you can buy, and as such come highly recommended.

they sound good Very Happy

Thanks mate  thumbs up 

Which company do you use for you bits?
Back to top Go down
Mrs Mini
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
avatar

Location : Thatcham berks Close to the action
Member Number - SnM : 019
Join date : 2011-03-27
Posts : 3276
Points : 3591
Reputation : 178
Female

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 16:34

I am going to have to google wheel woollies now
Back to top Go down
Wicker'd Wonder
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7
avatar

Location : West Sussex
Member Number - SnM : 1007
Join date : 2013-09-29
Posts : 1983
Points : 2166
Reputation : 123
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 17:05

I use Polished Bliss for the majority of my kit - I've also bought from eBay too Smile
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

avatar

Location : United Kingdom
Member Number - SnM : 786
Join date : 2012-04-17
Posts : 2070
Points : 2490
Reputation : 105
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 17:52

Wheel woolies are awesome

Best wheel cleaners EVER!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
Moon

avatar

Join date : 2011-07-10
Posts : 2222
Points : 2329
Reputation : 106
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 19:46

They look like a feather duster to me! Whats special about them compared to the sponge most use?
Back to top Go down
Mrs Mini
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
avatar

Location : Thatcham berks Close to the action
Member Number - SnM : 019
Join date : 2011-03-27
Posts : 3276
Points : 3591
Reputation : 178
Female

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 20:29

I don't use a sponge I use a cone shaped microfibre covered flexible polystyrene type material on a handle works quite well think they were made by car plan , mine is pink  lol! 
Back to top Go down
banditloon
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
avatar

Location : Walton on Thames, Surrey
Member Number - SnM : 251
Join date : 2011-09-18
Posts : 837
Points : 889
Reputation : 36
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 20:32

I take the wheels off and clean everything with a toothbrush....

OCD!!! Laughing MINI Wash
Back to top Go down
http://www.loonrunning.co.uk
118
Admin
Admin
avatar

Location : Worthing, West Sussex
Member Number - SnM : 118
Join date : 2009-11-26
Posts : 14940
Points : 17064
Reputation : 435
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 21:37

Mrs Mini wrote:
I am going to have to google wheel woollies now

Have a look at this Janet, and if you watch carefully from about 2m 45s, the mini wheel woolie is perfect for cracks apparently Shocked  lol! 


_________________
Back to top Go down
Mrs Mini
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
avatar

Location : Thatcham berks Close to the action
Member Number - SnM : 019
Join date : 2011-03-27
Posts : 3276
Points : 3591
Reputation : 178
Female

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 21:59

118 wrote:
Mrs Mini wrote:
I am going to have to google wheel woollies now

Have a look at this Janet, and if you watch carefully from about 2m 45s, the mini wheel woolie is perfect for cracks apparently Shocked  lol! 



 Shocked  are you saying I have dirty cracks Ian  lol! 
But I do see where I am going wrong  Frying Pan  I'm not sitting on an upturned bucket while I clean them . May get some woollies for my cracks big and small  lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Moon

avatar

Join date : 2011-07-10
Posts : 2222
Points : 2329
Reputation : 106
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 22:14

There's a lot of innuendo in that video!! And those wheels look clean - surely they can't be that clean after 2 months use?! Surprised

They look quite useful, could save time if you've got dirty cracks... Won't lambswool disintegrate quickly?!
Back to top Go down
118
Admin
Admin
avatar

Location : Worthing, West Sussex
Member Number - SnM : 118
Join date : 2009-11-26
Posts : 14940
Points : 17064
Reputation : 435
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   1st February 2014, 22:26

Mrs Mini wrote:
Shocked  are you saying I have dirty cracks Ian  lol! 
But I do see where I am going wrong  Frying Pan  I'm not sitting on an upturned bucket while I clean them . May get some woollies for my cracks big and small  lol! lol! 

I'm errr.... errr..... not saying anything  silent lol! 

Haha I think that might be where you're going wrong, sitting on an upturned bucket might help you clean them better  lol! 

_________________
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

avatar

Location : United Kingdom
Member Number - SnM : 786
Join date : 2012-04-17
Posts : 2070
Points : 2490
Reputation : 105
Male

PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   2nd February 2014, 00:00

Russ who detailed my JCW uses them

He let me borrow them for a quick use before MITP

They work removing back rust and dirt EASY!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wheel woolies......   

Back to top Go down
 

Wheel woolies......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-