Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wicker'd Wonder
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 1007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Pops & Bangs...   20th April 2014, 21:46

very nice - I really like it, I can easily see myself in one of these when I move on from the Clubbie Smile
Back to top Go down
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Pops & Bangs...   20th April 2014, 21:52

Having driven both the Cooper S & JCW I thinkn I'd go Cooper S......

Cheaper & hardley any difference in performance, now if the JCW came with more goodies, ie Recaro seats & a JCW steering wheel it would be a closer call  lol! 

But the JCW CM certainly lags far behind mine..

Wicker'd Wonder
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 1007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Pops & Bangs...   20th April 2014, 21:54

I do love the racing seats and the alcantra SW - though that said I really like the wood details & hot choc lounge leather in mine, compliments the exterior and feels luxurious without being too OTT Smile

Last edited by felt_tip_felon on 20th April 2014, 22:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speeling ;))
Back to top Go down
Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pops & Bangs...   20th April 2014, 22:23

It'll only fail an MOT if the emissions are over the prescribed limit, or it's 'excessively noisy' - my brother's R56 S had a challenge exhaust on it and passed no problem, so I can't see taking the resonator out of a standard exhaust causing any bother (and yes, they really are abhorrently loud!)

I was referring to the same principle toward the exhaust removal being the same principle as opposed to how the pops would work, should have made it a bit clearer looking back! Though if you've had the evil software update done - means no pops at app apparently Sad

I've never driven a works countryman or paceman, I fancy a go in one, but I've been told by more than one that the performance is somewhat blunted, and having driven other models of countryman/paceman compared to the hatch, I can well believe it! According to a couple of salesmen from different dealers, they're not that great on fuel either!

I too have mixed feelings on the bucket seats. Having had the Sparco ones (which I must get round to selling!), I do sort of miss them, but also sort of like the ease of the standard seats... I've decided that the best solution is I'd add either the seats and bodykit, or neither. And as I'm still not convinced by the bodykit 6-7yrs since it's release, it looks like no JCW seats for me!
Back to top Go down
banditloon
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 251
Male

PostSubject: Re: Pops & Bangs...   22nd April 2014, 15:37

Pops and bangs. I am the master.

You may lose some boot space with a 904cc, Termi clad engine in the back of the Clubman though Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.loonrunning.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pops & Bangs...   

Back to top Go down

Pops & Bangs...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 2nd Gen-