HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

R53 speaker sizes - HK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JerryXt

PostSubject: R53 speaker sizes - HK   5th November 2014, 09:17

Does anyone know the size of the speakers on an R53 with a Harmon Kardon system? I think at least two of mine are blown.

I've got a great Alpine head unit in the cellar with iPod and Bluetooth and I was on the edge of just pulling the whole HK system out and replacing the amp and speakers. Now I've got to replace some of the speakers, I'm closer, but I need to price it up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry.
Back to top Go down
Bandit 65

Member Number - SnM : 300
Male

PostSubject: Re: R53 speaker sizes - HK   5th November 2014, 19:58

Hi Jerry did I read you have a sat nav as well you will need to get a lead for the sat nav to work through the speakers (New Mini Stuff) a club sponsor plus also with the HK you need the lead for that, and you can up date the sat nav with a new dvd disc http://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/ I got one and it is very good,
Let me know how you get on

Back to top Go down
JerryXt

PostSubject: Re: R53 speaker sizes - HK   7th November 2014, 09:29

ugh, the whole HK thing is just a headache. I had the same on an old Range Rover, but at least the parts were easily available...

Re the satnav upgrade - thanks, I got one and put it in last night. Much better than the original - a really good, cheap fix, although I can't get the perspective working using the instructions supplied. Whatever.

So, I had a quote to put a new amp, speakers, cables etc in the car. It was... surprising. Not in a good way. It was this kit: http://caraudiosecurity.com/jl-audio-4-channel-amp-13cm-coaxials-17cm-components, plus adapters for the speakers. Installed, it was a lot of money, so I'm swaying towards replacing the popped speakers and waiting for another batch of the HK Enablers.

The tweeters I've seen on ebay come with the door handle. Presumably I can take the speaker out of the door handle unit and put it into mine? I've got lights in the handles and it would be a shame to lose them.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JerryXt

PostSubject: Re: R53 speaker sizes - HK   7th November 2014, 10:13

I've just heard from Mike at NewMiniStuff - he's making another batch of HK Enablers at the end of the month, so as long as the steering wheel controls work with his kit, I'm going down that route first.

It's a lot cheaper than installing new kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R53 speaker sizes - HK   

Back to top Go down

R53 speaker sizes - HK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Interior & Interior Electronics :: 1st Gen-