Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justelfie
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Member Number - SnM : 381
Male

PostSubject: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I recently purchased the Worx WG518e Air Turbine Leaf Blower, this was ordered after much researching on ways to dry our two cars quickly after washing & rinsing especially in hot sunny weather as I live in a very hard water area, which can leave the dreaded water spots caused by calcium limescale drying on the paint surface & glass before car is properly dry, I did not want to go down the root of fitting a costly cartridge system with ongoing costs to my outside tap, which would then just be used for rinsing after washing, so after a lot of research I found a guy on tube that is a professional detailer that operates in sunny Texas USA, and being Texas is a lot hotter and sunnier than the UK most of the time, and he uses all the time a Worx Air Turbine leaf blower on all his customers vehicles, he says no other leaf blower can blow like one he uses due to the air turbine producing very CFM which in laymans terms produces large volumes of air, so I chose the Worx european version turbine blower after checking the spec was the same as USA version, which I purchased from Amazon the WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower, unfortunetly the price has just gone back up to £49 since my purchase price was only £39 delivered, but even with price hike I can thoroughly recommend it, the CFM that blows out of the plastic nozzle is just insain, it has a variable speed control setting and on the highest setting it pushes your arms back, on both of our cars it easily blows dry the whole car in a few minutes starting at the roof then all glass, then bonnet, sides, grille, wheels & tyres, this is all before the sun has had a chance dry the paintwork or glass and leave the calcium limescale behind, and because you are not operating this blower with the air intake close to the ground there is no fear of grit or debri being drawn into the air turbine and being blasted at the paintwork at high speed, what makes this different to all other blowers is the high CFM (cubic feet per minute of air) it pushes out I cant even imagine even the purpose made expensive car dryer blowers pushing that much volume of air out, especially after seeing how they perform on youtube channel, and as a double bonus since trying the blower, I have clay bared both our cars and then applied Fusso wax/sealant it is even better than my first use of the blower before waxing which I did not think was possible, because the blower had already done a excellent job of drying with no water spot marking, I just wish I had gone down this route years ago especially if that same specced model has been out for a while, any would be purchaser of this air turbine blower will defiantly not be disappointed with the results they get.
Back to top Go down
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Sounds great Dave. Hard water here too, and this time of year am usually out MINI washing at 6 in the morning so I can still get it done in the shade.

I'd need the cordless version though, just been having a look and it's a lot more money.
Back to top Go down
ozzy
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Member Number - SnM : 067
Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 pm

You all do know that you have a soft water expert in the house Wink
www.s-s-s.biz
Back to top Go down
justelfie
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Unfortunately Neil battery operated ones just has not the same CFM output and won’t get the same results, nor has any other corded leaf blower except the Worx WG518e, but there is possibly another option that that the same American professional detailer uses, I believe that is a Worx battery operated pressure washer, and he uses a small quantity of purified/distilled water in it which he then uses to blast the hard water of the paintwork of customers vehicles, he says he uses this method if there is no power to run his worx air turbine blower, I can’t remember the exact quantity of purified/distilled water he uses but I think he quotes 4-5 litres per day and that’s doing quite a few large cars per day, I see if I can find the youtube link for you to check out as this maybe a option if you have no power to connect to, I know after he has completed using this jet washer he then lets the vehicles dry naturally in the sun without touching them anymore, and states there is no water marks left on the paintwork or glass.

Neil here is the youtube link that maybe your solution with no power, its called the Worx Hydroshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz8_OC283o

or possibly this Echo battery operated blower but its expensive, not sure if its available in the UK, but the guy says its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_WK2rQZ4Pc

Last edited by justelfie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some more detail.)
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 am

I’ve often wondered if adding some dishwasher final rinse to a bucket of water would stop the hard water marks as it does in the dishwasher? Or laundry softener?

Mackem13
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4

Member Number - SnM : 317
Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm

ozzy wrote:
You all do know that you have a soft water expert in the house Wink
www.s-s-s.biz

thumbs up had mine a while now and I wouldn’t be without it. Also have a ‘proffesional’ car dryer/blower which also wouldn’t be without

I need some resin soon. Can you let me know a cost pls? Thanks. Pm me if you like.
Back to top Go down
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Need to save some money for September's road trip ... so I think I'll stick to getting up early for now. lol!
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 pm

I also use the blower option. Gets rid of 90% of the water in no time and makes the rest of the drying work easy.
Back to top Go down
justelfie
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi Phil, I would say in using the Worx WG518e easily gets rid of as much as 99.5% of the water, I have not needed to use a drying cloth at all to finish off the drying, the force the air comes out is just insane, I've not timed myself using it but I guess the mini takes about 2 1/2minutes to dry to that level that’s including wheels, grille, and door shuts & sills etc, our BMW F11 probably takes nearer 4-5 minutes due to the size of the estate and also the roof bars stops some of the blown water from getting blown off the roof, so generally have to do the roof from both sides then front to back, unlike the mini roof which is blown dry from one side, but still dry’s the paintwork glass quick, its super handy at drying the wheels & wheel studs and also the front grille which can always be a problem area when drying with a cloth, I always had to keep going back to re dry those areas with a cloth, fortunately this is now a pleasure to dry the car so quickly and thoroughly with the ultimate aim of leaving no water marks and not actually touching the paintwork to dry it which is a added bonus less chance of any swirl marks, I’m completely blown away with the results I get !
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Looks a smart piece of kit Dave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower   

Back to top Go down

Review WORX WG518E Air Turbine Corded Leaf Blower

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Cleaning & Detailing-