MINI Challenge joins the TOCA support package from 2020

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhilK
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: MINI Challenge joins the TOCA support package from 2020   10th January 2019, 10:56

Announced today, MINI Challenge will be joining the TOCA support package from 2020 replacing the Renault Clio Cup which has its last season this year.

http://www.btcc.net/2019/01/10/mini-challenge-to-join-toca-package-from-2020/

The JCW championship will be on the package for 8 of the 10 meetings, with the Cooper Challenge lining up on the other two dates.

Circuits visited include two visits to Brands Hatch, Thruxton, Oulton Park, Croft, Donnington, Knockhill, and Silverstone. There’s a gap in the 2020 calendar where Rockingham used to be, but if the calendar follows the 2019 pattern there’ll be a second visit to Thruxton, meaning the potential for 4 visits in our ‘patch’.

Other series on the Package include British F4, Ginetta GT4 Supercup, Ginetta Juniors, Porsche Carrera Cup, and of course the headline Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship.

Added to that of course, the entirety of the Sunday racing (after the first BTCC race) is covered live on ITV4.

I’m a massive fan of the BTCC, and try to get to Thruxton or Brands at least once a year, it’s a very accessible meeting with paddock access available at Thruxton too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Challenge joins the TOCA support package from 2020   10th January 2019, 11:11

Thanks Phil, I might have to look into arranging something for Thruxton, it's a while since I've been.

Great news for the championship, it's come a very long way since some friends of mine competed in a variety of mostly sprints and hillclimbs in the very first year back in 2002. Probably costs a fair bit more than the £5k they paid as well. Smile

Guess it also means the end for the MSV Mini Festivals as we know them, unless they continue with just classics racing.
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

Member Number - SnM : 786
Male

PostSubject: Re: MINI Challenge joins the TOCA support package from 2020   11th January 2019, 13:13

I would definitely be up for going to a few races
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINI Challenge joins the TOCA support package from 2020   

Back to top Go down

MINI Challenge joins the TOCA support package from 2020

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News-