Club & Forum Manager: Admin
Location : Milford
Join date : 2009-08-07
Posts : 6029
|Subject: Homepage 21st February 2010, 00:41|| |
WELCOME TO SURREY NEW MINI!
The award winning number one club, for all MINI and Mini owners in Surrey and the surrounding areas. In fact, it doesn't matter where you're from, come and join in the fun!
To find out important information about the club, including how you can get involved with runs & meets, who to contact, club endorsement (members), club sponsorship (companies) and stickers, keyrings & t-shirts, please click here.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – changes from Monday 19th July 2021
Surrey New MINI is committed to following the latest UK Government advice. From Monday 19th July the Government is lifting all restrictions that have been in place throughout the pandemic, with some exceptions, this means that we can start to organise or attend events and shows again.
The changes that are most likely to affect us are as follows:
• No limits on how many people can meet
• 1m + rule removed (except in some places such as hospitals and healthcare settings)
• Face coverings no longer required by law – this will now be down to personal choice, so please respect other people’s choices regarding whether they do or don’t wear a face mask
Events and Gatherings
• Pubs and restaurants no longer table-service only
• No limits on guests at weddings and funerals
• No limits on people attending concerts, theatres or events
• Guidance recommending against travel to amber countries removed
• Adults fully vaccinated in the UK will no longer have to quarantine for 10 days after returning from amber-list countries
• Under-18s won't need to quarantine
• On 16th August double-vaccinated adults may no longer need to self-isolate if they come into contact with someone who tests positive. However, it will remain a legal requirement to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID
With the above changes in mind, we want everybody to remain safe and still ask you to exercise caution. We encourage our members to meet outdoors wherever possible, to continue wearing face masks in crowded public spaces / if meeting indoors, and to still be mindful of social distancing wherever possible.
Some events or locations that we attend may still require you to wear a face mask and observe social distancing as part of their terms of entry, as well as using Track and Trace they may also ask you to show proof of being double-vaccinated (this can be done by downloading the NHS app and registering), or proof of a negative test result.
For the latest Government advice, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
For up to date advice and information from the NHS, to book vaccinations or to order Rapid Lateral Flow or PCR swab home test kits, please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Keep an eye on the following thread for the latest club information and updates: https://surreynewmini.forumotion.com/t9596-coronavirus-covid-19
• 10th Anniversary 2019 Club Endorsers Badge - Our 10th anniversary supporters badge is now available! Please click here to read more.
• 10th Anniversary Club Clothing - We are doing one final order for our special edition 10th anniversary club clothing! If you would like to see what you can order, or to place an order, please click here to read more.
• *POSTPONED* Brooklands Mini Day, Sun 22nd March - Please click here for more information.
• *POSTPONED* Riviera Run, Fri 1st to Mon 4th May - Please click here for more information.
• Also keep an eye on the calendar and events sections of the forum to see what else is coming up and for any impromptu runs/events!
• Our next pub meet is to be confirmed. Please see the upcoming events above to find out more and how to sign up.
If you would like an event added to this page, or to the calendar, please PM a moderator.
Here's a small snapshot of just some of the fun we have: