Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Polybushes and the gearbox.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aimeeholliday

Female

Polybushes and the gearbox. Vide
PostSubject: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 13:00

Sooo once again minzie has gone for a new gearbox. The man who has had the car back because of the gearbox braking for the 3rd time now is saying he won't warrenty it because my car has polybushes. He said becaue the engine can't move, its sending all the transmissions through the gearbox causing it to blow. Is there any chance what so ever that polybuses could have a slightest chance of making my gearbox brake for the 3rd time!! And bareing in mind the car is never ever driven hard, never been on a track and i have driven no more then 2000 miles with this new gearbox, with me just pottering around the area to work and back?!?! He does put re-conditioned gear boxes in soo is it just unlucky I got 2 wrong ones ?!
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
wicz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 13:18

Its possible, your cars lowered aswell isn't it?
Running that much stiffer will have more jolts running through it, wouldnt have thought that could cause the gearbox to blow so soon, but seeing as this is the third time it would make sence.
Were your previous gearboxes the 5 speed midlands box?
If so you might want to consider the 6 speed out of the S as they are known to be much stronger.
Probably wise to put standard bushes in too
Back to top Go down
InsanityPrawnBoy
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
InsanityPrawnBoy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 13:20

Sounds most odd to me!
Yes polybushes are not as compliant as 'normal' rubber ones but fitting them to engine mounts etc. shouldn't be putting any more loading or stresses through the transmission.
The mounts are there principally to help insulate the passenger cabin from vibration and noise.
Back to top Go down
aimeeholliday

Female

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 13:49

Yeah my car is lowered hehe, and all been 5 speed gearboxes, its too much money to have a 6 speed put in Sad
Back to top Go down
Jamski
Club & Forum Manager: Admin
Jamski

Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 13:50

I'm sure people wouldn't rave about the polybushes if they caused that!! Ask Station View what they think. I know they fit them. Exactly what bushes have been replaced with poly ones?

Polybushes and the gearbox. Sig_410
Cuddle Monkey- Jack the Black Cooper - 121.8bhp - CB001 - SnM001.5  
http://www.jamesaustin.tumblr.com

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
aimeeholliday

Female

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 14:02

Some of the engine and gearbox bushes, but not all of them have been changed just the odd few.....
Back to top Go down
Jamski
Jamski

Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 14:28

Personally I think that's cr@p. But check with SVG. Sure they'll back you up if needed. Smile

Polybushes and the gearbox. Sig_410
Cuddle Monkey- Jack the Black Cooper - 121.8bhp - CB001 - SnM001.5  
http://www.jamesaustin.tumblr.com

And Daddy to William
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
Andy

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 16:09

I'm not sure how true that is. The polybushes are loved by so many people. I agree with James and give station view a call. Would be good to atleast get a second opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 17:36

Sounds like your having a nightmare Aimee Sad

As the others have said get some advice from SVG and personally I think it's a load of old bo**ocks what they are saying Evil or Very Mad

Hyper Neil

Hyper Neil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty7th March 2011, 17:57

Have to agree with what the others have said.
Back to top Go down
david

david

Male

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty8th March 2011, 07:00

Again I agree Doesent sound right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polybushes and the gearbox.   Polybushes and the gearbox. Empty

Back to top Go down

Polybushes and the gearbox.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 1st Gen-