Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jdobson

Jdobson

Male

Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Vide
PostSubject: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 12:32

Hi all,
i've got a Mini one because it was the cheapest to insure but at the moment i'm still paying around £5000 a year for insurance ):
im 17 which having a mini seems pretty stupid but i wanted a mini and its the only car ive wanted..

please help (:

Thanks
Josh
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/JoshuaKDDobson
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
Andy

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 13:32

I was with admiral for my first year. I was driving a brand new 57 plate mini one and paid £2300 with pass plus.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
Bumble-Bee
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
Bumble-Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 13:46

Depends what and when you want to use your car. Co-op fit a smart box system and cost is low but so are your options. My nephew, 18 to go to college, home by 10pm, no speeding had higher estimates than yours and is now driving around with a smart box on doing what he wants in a Corsa for £570. Not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
PrincessRiot
Competition Support
Competition Support
PrincessRiot

Member Number - SnM : 035
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 14:04

Admiral only paid £1200 bonus of having boobs i suppose Razz
Back to top Go down
Jdobson

Jdobson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 14:16

Thanks everyone i'll give Admiral a try,
Yeah would be a lot easier to be a girl haha
Back to top Go down
PrincessRiot
Competition Support
Competition Support
PrincessRiot

Member Number - SnM : 035
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 14:20

Jdobson wrote:
Thanks everyone i'll give Admiral a try,
Yeah would be a lot easier to be a girl haha

Haha always is when if comes to insurance only pay £800 now with all my mod covered! good luck buddy x
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 14:26

I'm only paying £495 now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Mini S Mad

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty26th September 2011, 16:44

Elephant
Direct line
Quinn direct
Back to top Go down
The Mrs MINI

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty27th September 2011, 22:10

Have you tried adding a parent as a named driver, that usually brings the premium down.
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty27th September 2011, 22:20

The Mrs MINI wrote:

Have you tried adding a parent as a named driver, that usually brings the premium down.

Hey this is very true! I've done it for mine and it brought the premium down by a fair bit Smile

nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
nortonski

Member Number - SnM : 077
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 00:05

I am 18 and had a Mini for my first car. I was with Quinn for my first year, but they are rubbish for mods. Now i am with Aviva, been really good on my new mini. I have paid £1700 for the year, and i had my £5700 payout when i crashed my first Mini. I also added my mum and dad to the policy.
Back to top Go down
Jdobson

Jdobson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 00:10

haha i just got quoted £9000 for myself(:

gunna get my mum to go on for me to bring it down,
thanks everyone for helping, i appreciate it(:

many thanks

Josh
Back to top Go down
The Mrs MINI

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 00:20

Josh, it sounds to me like there must be something you are telling the insurance companies to make them think you are a higher risk?

Few things to double check - they have the right registration, make and model of your MINI, check its HPI clear? Check they don't think its a hot hatch with loads of modifications... make sure they have your correct date of birth etc etc... It may be your post code that is pushing it up... or that its not garaged over night.... Maybe try having a group policy for the family (assuming you have other cars in the family)..... You could ask the insurers if they make reductions for advanced motorists (then go take the course/test)

http://www.iam.org.uk/do_you_want_to_be_a_better_car_driver_/doyouwanttobeabettercardriver.html

Back to top Go down
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
nortonski

Member Number - SnM : 077
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 00:48

The Mrs MINI wrote:

Josh, it sounds to me like there must be something you are telling the insurance companies to make them think you are a higher risk?

Few things to double check - they have the right registration, make and model of your MINI, check its HPI clear? Check they don't think its a hot hatch with loads of modifications... make sure they have your correct date of birth etc etc... It may be your post code that is pushing it up... or that its not garaged over night.... Maybe try having a group policy for the family (assuming you have other cars in the family)..... You could ask the insurers if they make reductions for advanced motorists (then go take the course/test)

http://www.iam.org.uk/do_you_want_to_be_a_better_car_driver_/doyouwanttobeabettercardriver.html

Make sure that you dont twist the truth though lol. Dont say its in the garage if it isnt going to be.
Back to top Go down
The Mrs MINI

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 00:54

Harry is right... you need to be 100% honest, just that I do think you need to understand what it is that is pushing your premium up so high....
Back to top Go down
Jdobson

Jdobson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 15:25

I think it has got a bit to do with where I live ): which sucks,
I turn 18 I'n 26 days so I'll wait until then to buy my new insurance, but I'll have a look at quotes with me being 18 and having my mum on insurance to,

Thanks(:
Back to top Go down
Bumble-Bee
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
Bumble-Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 15:41

When did you pass your test. Pass plus?
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 20:24

Admiral were great for me too... Only thing is every change you make tends to carry a £25, or something like that, admin charge. But if you debate enough with them you never know!

Every company I've been with hasn't changed their price when I've said I've got pass plus. I'd still do it though as its worth it for the experience more than anything.

Have you got commuting on your policy? When I first passed commuting added a LOT to my quote, so I knocked it off.

Definitely don't lie though - they'll do their best to invalidate your insurance! Also a higher excess may work for you, I raised my excess dramatically and it caused my quote to drop by about the same as I increased the excess...
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty28th September 2011, 20:43

Also the amount of miles you do makes a difference .....

Jdobson

Jdobson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty29th September 2011, 15:35

i passed at the start of may 2011, so only a few months passed, i never took the pass plus because my driving instructor told me it doesn't really change your insurance any more/:

at the moment i think the only way i could get cheaper insurance is if i put my mum as named driver /:
Back to top Go down
Jdobson

Jdobson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty25th February 2012, 11:53

insurance has gone down loads (: £1800 now yay
Back to top Go down
Headintheclouds
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3
Headintheclouds

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty25th February 2012, 12:05

Fab' news Josh. I am really pleased for you. Gives me hope for my Son!
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
wicz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty27th February 2012, 22:56

Good news! Mines only just become acceptable Razz
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty27th February 2012, 22:58

wicz wrote:

How much you paying now mate?
Back to top Go down
wicz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
wicz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty27th February 2012, 22:59

Andy wrote:
wicz wrote:

How much you paying now mate?

£800 on an admiral multi car with my parents cars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?    Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know any really good insurance companys for a young driver?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Insurance-