Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Air induction kits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
bruce62

Member Number - SnM : 62
Male

Air induction kits - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty25th November 2011, 11:55

jimkim wrote:
No Don't do it GET A DAVE F !!!!!

Tear Cant believe your not getting a dave f Jaw Drop
Back to top Go down
coopert
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
coopert

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty26th November 2011, 21:50

To throw a spanner in! I run the M7 air intake. Now all the Dave f worshipers will say heat soak and not sealed but with some time and some investment in good adhesive heat shield I sealed the gaps shielded the air box and tbh it's awesome. Unless you are racing on track the milliseconds you will save on you traffic light pull away you will never notice.
I got 210hp on an early R53 with the early charger and 15% pulley. When you consider alot of R53's built later came out the box at 170, I don't think 210 from 163 is bad!
I drive mine hard as it is a toy but have had no issues. All I would say is buy the best quality you can afford. Make sure it is sealed and heat shielded and draws air from the front grill and if poss the scuttle area under the screen. Also worth heat shielding the air pipe from the front grill to the filter box.
If I'm honest, take the advice weigh it up and do what suits you best. You never know you might build something to rival the Davef! Someone had to discover that after all!
good luck an keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
scottyrocket

scottyrocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty30th November 2011, 16:20

Well I have ordered my Ram Air enclosed air filter in black alley, just waiting for it to be delivered, i'll let you all know how I get on. What a Face
Back to top Go down
scottyrocket

scottyrocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty13th December 2011, 21:33

Well I didn't fit the Ram Air filter in the end it got sent back as some parts were missing, thinking of going the whole hog and getting this, will it fit mine easy enough and would anyone help me fit it as I haven't got a damn clue when it comes to cars Very Happy , of course i'd pay someone to help or maybe the Dave F one is a better option, how much are they out of interest:-

http://www.jtote.com/product_info.php/mini-cooper-john-cooper-works-air-intake-2002-2006-genuine-factory-oem-13720391513-p-344370?currency=GBP&osCsid=k6tb4khunu05pscl83l0btl790
Back to top Go down
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
bruce62

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty13th December 2011, 22:02

I paid £130 for my dave f and you only need to cut a hole in the plastic panel behind the filter to fit it , it's very easy to fit it took me only 10 mins ( it comes with fitting instructions ) great value for money .
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty13th December 2011, 22:36

sod paying that!
Back to top Go down
paul d r56
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
paul d r56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty14th December 2011, 07:49

Scoty just get the Dave F....................................End of
Back to top Go down
MinI-Mo

MinI-Mo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty14th December 2011, 09:33

as paul said.. dave f end of!! i got mine for 90 quid and its the best thing i done! sometimes they pop up 2nd hand..
Back to top Go down
ollieworks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty15th December 2011, 17:27

or you could just buy my JCW airbox and shove it straight in..... thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Dazzaxjr

Dazzaxjr

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty15th December 2011, 21:04

Sorry guys, but how do you get one of these induction kits?

Followed all the links on mini torque but they're all out of date and nothing listed on eBay.

Anyone have a link?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
bruce62

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 08:33

Dave f on mini torque is the only way to get them new and he only makes a couple of batches a year or you have to watch the for sale section for secondhand ones but they get snaped up pretty fast .
Back to top Go down
scottyrocket

scottyrocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 21:29

ollieworks wrote:
or you could just buy my JCW airbox and shove it straight in..... thumbs up
Yes that sounds awesome. cheers
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 08:34

Go back on MT to one of the older links and on one of Dave F posts PM him to see when he is doing some ! That's how I got mine a few weeks ago and he's a top bloke to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air induction kits   Air induction kits - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Air induction kits

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 1st Gen-