Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jimkim

jimkim

Male

HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 21:40

It was running ok but i have a 17% pulley to go on hence the cooler. Got it used Just wether to mess with it or sell it and get a GRS
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 21:49

i realy do reckon its got a leak somewhere. it only needs to be minor. if i wasnt busy i would pop up sunday and try mine because your only 30mins from me. think i would either sell it and buy a new one or buy the grs.
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 21:53

I think you might be right. But i need to try and get it running again now.
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 21:55

isnt it runing right with stock ic?
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 21:57

Nope wont idle just stalls it was fine b4 i switched ic over
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 22:03

have you tryed takeing the leads off and putting them back on. or even by not moveing the coil pack might of over stretched one of the leads and has a slite split init?

might not be air then?
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 22:06

Im gonna have a look at that in the morning. Ill let you know how i get on !
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 22:09

the ic is a pain in the arse where it is because you can get anywhere with out taking it off all the time. let me know how you get on. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Marque
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3
Marque

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty6th December 2011, 22:40

Hi ya sorry to here this
if you have bought the IC second hand I have a few quick questions.

1 did the IC come with covers on the ends ie blanking plates, boots or wrapped in cling film ?
2 did you make shore it was clean inside before you fitted it ? Ie blow it though with low pressure air and tap it out you only need a little bit of FOD and you can have problems

I have seen/herd of people fit coolers with out making shore there is no FOD in side and then suck the FOD in to the engine.
Also check the manifold pressure sensor under the cooler at the front But I would think you would have a fault code for that.

If you have no joy try find someone with a borascope And pull out your injectors and the SC horn on the right hand end and have a good look at the inlet track and valves just in case, Or find someone with a leak down tester this will tell you if your compression and valves are ok and not damaged or being held open DO NOT use a compresion tester as you have to spin the engine over which could cause more damageif there is a problem
Also I take it that the pulley is turning the SC ok and not just spinning on the shaft just a thought the IC might be a red hering.
And you have not had that pulley fitted for long.
Just a few thoughts i hope its an easy fix

Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty7th December 2011, 16:58

Well it's been a strange day today !.

First thing this morning it started and ran fine with no lights and i let it tick over for 5 mins and switched off.

Yipeee

Not so fast !! i loaded up to go to the post office and it all came back Sad

Got home left it for an hour or so and went back out.
Yipee no lights running ok idleing just under 1000 rpm drove it round and round had her ticking for 45 mins. This was about 2 pm.

Just been back out and she started back up and is running fine no lights ect Very Happy

Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Marque
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3
Marque

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty7th December 2011, 17:32

hi ya

hope fully its sorted then . may have Been the EEC learning and calibrating its self.it may have had to many changes to cope with all at once and has just take time to sort its self out
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty7th December 2011, 17:58

I hope so !!
Back to top Go down
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
bruce62

Member Number - SnM : 62
Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty7th December 2011, 18:49

Glad you got it sorted thumbs up
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty7th December 2011, 18:57

bruce62 wrote:
Glad you got it sorted thumbs up

Well just hope it is fingers crossed just all seems a bit odd Question
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 15:35

Latest update !

Started her up this morning and all is well Smile My new GRS intercooler arrived so slaped that on and all still seems good Smile so with any luck i will be getting my pulley fitted and a service this weekend cheers
Back to top Go down
Mrs Mini
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
Mrs Mini

Member Number - SnM : 019
Female

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 17:05

jimkim wrote:
Latest update !

Started her up this morning and all is well Smile My new GRS intercooler arrived so slaped that on and all still seems good Smile so with any luck i will be getting my pulley fitted and a service this weekend cheers

God how do you find the time to do all this on a week day ???? glad it got sorted sounds like the Mini Fairys have been round during the night pompom
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 17:56

Mrs Mini wrote:
jimkim wrote:
Latest update !

God how do you find the time to do all this on a week day ???? glad it got sorted sounds like the Mini Fairys have been round during the night pompom

The joys of being retired at the ripe old age of 36 Laughing
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 19:48

good news!!!
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 20:24

jack_st wrote:
good news!!!

Just interested now to see how much of a differance this pulley will make affraid
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 20:29

Lots......... Very Happy

jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 20:34

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO yahoo
Back to top Go down
JAS
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
JAS

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 21:31

jimkim wrote:
jack_st wrote:
good news!!!

Just interested now to see how much of a differance this pulley will make affraid

prepare to be amazed - you will be grinning ear to ear Very Happy Enjoy & have fun HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 72967
Back to top Go down
jack_st

jack_st

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty8th December 2011, 22:17

jimkim wrote:
jack_st wrote:
good news!!!

a big difference! ive only got a 15% on mine and im well happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Cazzywaz

Member Number - SnM : 009
Female

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty9th December 2011, 08:26

Defo on the plans for Oscar for next year, need a few more ponies under the bonnet now he is getting on a bit.
Back to top Go down
jimkim

jimkim

Male

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty9th December 2011, 10:09

I will report back ! just hope all go's well as we are moving next week as well affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!   HELP NEEDED PLEASE !! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED PLEASE !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 1st Gen-