Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Starting to get a little tired of this...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrincessRiot
Competition Support
Competition Support
PrincessRiot

Member Number - SnM : 035
Female

Starting to get a little tired of this... Vide
PostSubject: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 07:46

Ok so a few months again my car would never start, the car would just click in attempt to start it.
after a few people diagnosed it was the battery i saved up and managed to get a new battery and problem was solved Smile

However today when i get in the blasted car o look, it doesn't start. doesn't even attempt to start. no clicks nothing...
I drove the car perfectly fine yesterday!

I opened the car with the buttons on the key fine
i couldn't lock it with the buttons on the key...
i put the key in the key hole on the drivers side to lock the door but the passenger door didn't lock and there is not a key hole on the passenger side!

I didn't leave any lights on or anything plugged in the cigarette lighter Sad

Any one have any ideas?

To top it off it is parked in the most awkward place you can imagine!

anyone down my neck of the woods who can help me out?
any one know why my car is being such a pain?

Lilo x
Back to top Go down
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
bruce62

Member Number - SnM : 62
Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 08:28

Hi Li
Check the earth strap from the engine too the body work , when mine would not start a couple of weeks ago I found mine was not tight enouth , tightened it up and had no problems since .
I hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
PrincessRiot
Competition Support
Competition Support
PrincessRiot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 08:36

I'm sure it would help however i do not have a clue what that means Razz i will pass it on to whoever i can find to help me Smile

thanks Bruce xx
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 14:26

If you can get someone to check if the battery is still charged then as Bruce says it may well be this.

Alternatively, if the battery is flat then you may have a leak to earth through some circuit or other so that the battery discharges. If it is this then you will need someone who knows auto electrics to sort it out.
Back to top Go down
PrincessRiot
Competition Support
Competition Support
PrincessRiot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 14:31

went back to the car earlier nothing happened
opened the bonnet and i was able to use the button on the key to unlock the car however boot didn't open

thought id attempt to start the car failed got out went to lock the for and failed no power again!

The car has been used every day this week
battery was only fitted maximum of 2 months ago :s ...
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 14:36

Li, you need to see if you can find out whether the battery is flat(ish) or not. Either way it probably means there is nothing wrong with the battery. It will just help with the diagnosis.
Back to top Go down
Bumble-Bee
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
Bumble-Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 14:39

Do you have home start of any description ? At least they might diagnose the problem.
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty9th February 2012, 17:57

This cold weather drains the battery massively and short journey will not keep it charged fully. I wonder if you're getting the maximum output for the alternator? if not a earth leakage!

Very hard to diagnose from here but if the doors etc aren't unlocking then there is no charge in the battery!

marknewman80

marknewman80

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty10th February 2012, 14:17

Hey Li,

What year is your MINI and do you have a spare key? If you do have a spare key try it as it could be that the key is faulty... the keys have a little chip in them that talks to the car (that is dependant on the year of the car though).

If not send me your reg and i'll ask our workshop guys what they think the problem could be.

Mark Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get a little tired of this...   Starting to get a little tired of this... Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting to get a little tired of this...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 1st Gen-