Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

warning sound from stereo ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 282
Male

warning sound from stereo ? Vide
PostSubject: warning sound from stereo ?   warning sound from stereo ? Empty10th February 2012, 17:12

Hi to all,has anyone ever come across what can only be described as a warning sound (similar to the temperature warning) coming from the stereo I thought it could have been the multi-changer in the boot but was'nt, on one occasion I have been quick enough to see the radio dispaly show 'phone' as the warning went off, it just seems to happen at random intervals everything works fine, just annoying really.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who might have a clue to the problem.

Cheers (confused) Tony Question
Back to top Go down
devilsplayground

devilsplayground

Member Number - SnM : 283
Male

PostSubject: Re: warning sound from stereo ?   warning sound from stereo ? Empty10th February 2012, 17:46

Do you have a Harman Kardon system Tony? If so then this was the start of my amp giving up! It made bleeps and static noises through the speakers even when the head unit was switched off!
Back to top Go down
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: warning sound from stereo ?   warning sound from stereo ? Empty13th February 2012, 17:52

Hi Owen,
thanks for your input, yes I have a Harman Kardon unit and what you described is very similar to mine other than the static noise, presumably it meant a new unit when your amp went.
I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens !!

cheers Tony
Back to top Go down
devilsplayground

devilsplayground

Member Number - SnM : 283
Male

PostSubject: Re: warning sound from stereo ?   warning sound from stereo ? Empty13th February 2012, 21:56

I don't use the stereo much so I haven't bothered to change anything. I understand that the system is incompatible with other units as it is 2 ohm so it would require a complete strip out and replace. I'd rather spend my money on uprating my brakes and maybe some engine mods later on.
I just wish it was a simple job to disconnect the amp so it will shut up!
Back to top Go down
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: warning sound from stereo ?   warning sound from stereo ? Empty14th February 2012, 22:42

Nothing is ever that simple ! I think I may just get my kids to drown it out with there modern music plenty of bleeps going on !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: warning sound from stereo ?   warning sound from stereo ? Empty

Back to top Go down

warning sound from stereo ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 1st Gen-