Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robidy

Male

All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info Vide
PostSubject: All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info   All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info Empty27th July 2012, 14:21

My partner has a nice 2nd gen Mini ONE from 2008 (it's got various extras but I'm not too hot on what they are yet but she's very proud of it Smile ).

On Wednesday she went out to the car to drive home from work and found the steering lock off without the key in.

Then she tried to start the car and up came every warning light. Sad

Once started the fuel range was giving random readings and the speedo didn't work and all the warning lights remained on.

She's taken it into Barons in Ash Vale (who always seem nice and helpful when I've been about).

They said initially that the diagnostics system said that every failure light was on (which she could see) however it couldn't pin point the fault.

They have tried again with the diagnostics system and this time it reports that the ECU modules appear to be talking to each other fine.

They suspected a chaffed wire on the car somewhere. They started manually checking the wiring but gave up after a number of hours.

They are now in discussions with BMW technical people as they say they should be able to diagnose the fault remotely with the diagnostics system.

She's is obviously very worried, I wondered if anyone had seen anything like this before or might know of any helpful questions to ask the people at Barons...ideally to limit what could become a massive bill Question
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info Vide
PostSubject: Re: All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info   All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info Empty27th July 2012, 14:57

Not really sure Rob but seems strange the lock was off! could someone have got into the car and tried to hot wire it? maybe worth looking at the wiring around that area first!

Does your g/f live in Ash Vale?

All warning lights on, no petrol or speed info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-