Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

First Mods, dave.f or alternative

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
familyguy

First Mods, dave.f or alternative Vide
PostSubject: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty29th August 2012, 09:27

Hi

Just got a MCS R53, basic servicing has been done and all looks healthy, now the fun begins,....

I have my eye on 15% pulley and air filter, but the default dave.f has been difficult to find on the open market (minitorque, sorry if thats considered to be a rude word round here). However I feel i've found an alternative but wanted some other peoples opinions before I buy.

Talking to the seller of
dave.f alternative it sounds like it uses the same principle of an extra cold air feed and a large performance K&N, but I like the fact that it keeps the out side of the airbox standard where the rubber tube attaches to. But this is my concern, does the slightly small open limit performance or does the fact that ill be keeping the standard rubber tube mean that the difference is going to be small as that still is the most restrictive point.

Cheers in advance

FG
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty29th August 2012, 12:12

Have a chat with TWG, our sponsor, they are helpful and know what they are talking about Smile

*Vikki*

*Vikki*

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty29th August 2012, 14:00

Id wait for Dave F to come up second hand or when he makes some more. Makes the supercharger sound brilliant!
Back to top Go down
bruce62
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
bruce62

Member Number - SnM : 62
Male

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty29th August 2012, 15:52

*Vikki* wrote:
Id wait for Dave F to come up second hand or when he makes some more. Makes the supercharger sound brilliant!

thumbs up As Vikki said thumbs up
Back to top Go down
tazman
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty29th August 2012, 18:13

^^^^^^^^^^ as above^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
GTTtunedMCS

Member Number - SnM : 400
Male

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty15th May 2013, 23:32

Personally I'd go for a GTT cold ram induction kit as they make good products but everyone has their own favourites & there are lots to choose from. Think they cost around £169 but Roland tends to be open to negotiation.......
Back to top Go down
simone16

simone16

Female

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty28th January 2014, 11:53

i got a dave f and it's brilliant!
Back to top Go down
MCS crazy
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
MCS crazy

Member Number - SnM : 205
Male

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty28th January 2014, 19:54

Dave F here  thumbs up 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Mods, dave.f or alternative   First Mods, dave.f or alternative Empty

Back to top Go down

First Mods, dave.f or alternative

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 1st Gen-