Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Anyone know whats happened ?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
-Jamie-

-Jamie-

Male

Anyone know whats happened ????? Vide
PostSubject: Anyone know whats happened ?????   Anyone know whats happened ????? Empty6th December 2012, 19:10

Anyone know whats happened ????? 2EF80471-96D6-4F45-A645-F13B00F4717F-15485-0000047DD7D01B2E

Anyone know whats happened ????? 189941CC-66E0-459B-B7DA-BBCA0B437C36-15485-0000047DDE7247A0

This happened yesterday morning and today. Only since we've had really thick frosts. This morning it was -4.7oc.

Not too sure what to do, everything works fine just the screen looks buggered. Could be an expensive fix?
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whats happened ?????   Anyone know whats happened ????? Empty6th December 2012, 19:47

That's not overly helpful. Not seen that before.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Club Endorser 9
Club Endorser 9
Sarah

Member Number - SnM : 004
Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whats happened ?????   Anyone know whats happened ????? Empty6th December 2012, 20:28

Hello Jamie,

Not owning an R56, but assuming the radio display is an LCD, it's due to the cold weather.

I showed my dad the pic (he's an engineer) and he said, it's probably due to the freezing of the liquid in the display, and when you turn it on, the heat caused from the circuit isn't powerful enough to warm the display up, so it ends up looking like this.

He said it should go back to normal when it's warm. Not sure if you'd want to test a suggestion he made: gently warming the display with a hairdryer! - maybe putting the car heaters on full blast might be better lol

Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 10
Club Endorser 10
PhilK

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whats happened ?????   Anyone know whats happened ????? Empty6th December 2012, 21:02

I had it in my old Dooper. Not as drastic as that, but on cold days when I first used the screen it would have similar effects on it when i scrolled through menus etc. passed after it warmed up though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
-Jamie-

-Jamie-

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whats happened ?????   Anyone know whats happened ????? Empty9th December 2012, 17:11

Cheers Guys.

Got in it this morning an it was all fine. Very Strange, must have just been the cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whats happened ?????   Anyone know whats happened ????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know whats happened ?????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-