Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Problems With My JCW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
nortonski

Member Number - SnM : 077
Male

Problems With My JCW Vide
PostSubject: Problems With My JCW   Problems With My JCW Empty29th April 2013, 18:50

So it seems i cant buy a car that doesn't have a problem.

I first noticed a problem the other day. I was going along in 3rd at 2000rpm so must be around 30mph. I put my foot down, the car accelerated. It got to 3000rpm and all of a sudden all power was cut. This then happened again this morning. It happened exactly the same as before. Then on the way home from work today i had my window down. Did the same as before and it happened again. Where i had the window down i could hear the engine better and it started making the metal clinky sound. This went straight when the power kicked back in and the car drives fine.

The strange thing is it doesn't happen every time and when it does it only happens for a second or two.

Anyone experienced this before?
Back to top Go down
Mackem13
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
Mackem13

Member Number - SnM : 317
Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems With My JCW   Problems With My JCW Empty29th April 2013, 19:07

Not something I've experienced with mine, it could be timing chain. if it was me it would be straight back to the dealer and get them to sort it. Either that or speak to will at TWG. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

AM_AUTOS

Member Number - SnM : 786
Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems With My JCW   Problems With My JCW Empty29th April 2013, 20:34

You have super knocking

Its cutting fuel to the cyclinder

Hence the metallic clicking sound - My problem was a fault DME Unit - this was a day one problem with mine from the factory

But given you JCW i would say its timing chain, carbon build up or spark plugs - check your oil level as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
nortonski
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
nortonski

Member Number - SnM : 077
Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems With My JCW   Problems With My JCW Empty29th April 2013, 20:51

AM_AUTOS wrote:
You have super knocking

Its cutting fuel to the cyclinder

Hence the metallic clicking sound - My problem was a fault DME Unit - this was a day one problem with mine from the factory

But given you JCW i would say its timing chain, carbon build up or spark plugs - check your oil level as well

Ahh. Ok. Going to speak to mini tomorrow. I checked my oil on sunday and it was ok. So fingers crossed its something simple.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems With My JCW   Problems With My JCW Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems With My JCW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-