Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

spring clean ends in disaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pocket rocket

Member Number - SnM : 391
Male

spring clean ends in disaster Vide
PostSubject: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty25th May 2013, 16:37

2 studs sheared refitting strut brace , wasn't even at final torque , doh . affraid
Back to top Go down
banditloon
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
banditloon

Member Number - SnM : 251
Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty25th May 2013, 17:57

I know your pain Sad

I have a Ducati that has an assortment of cheese bolts holding it together. Two sheared off whilst I was replacing the engine casing. Another reason I've given up rebuilding the Monster until I get hold of a thread kit and some spare time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loonrunning.co.uk
pocket rocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty26th May 2013, 12:45

Has anybody expirenced a sheared or threaded stud on suspensions top mounts , my top mounts are a 3 in one 1 mount , fitted by gtt tuning , I don't want to strip the car just incase another stud shears , use car every day for work , so at the moment using it , just wondered if the studs are removable once the top plate removed , just wondered if anyone knew , else I'll have to wait till Tuesday to speak to Roland at gtt,s.
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty26th May 2013, 12:53

No idea sorry, but have a read here..

http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f845/wtf-not-my-lucky-day-broken-top-mount-bolt-11360/

pocket rocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty26th May 2013, 13:53

Cheers Dave for info , seeing as the ones now fitted are after market , just hoping the studs can be replaced as one comment suggested on that blog , will replace all 6 if that,s the case, like I say the car useable , with one sheared stud , don't want to strip for the sake of it just incase another shears , only removed brace to clean up engine bay ready for brands hatch , now got more work to do , DOH ! motors aye .
Back to top Go down
GTTtunedMCS

Member Number - SnM : 400
Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty26th May 2013, 14:50

Are those the race mounts that Roland sells, Danny ?
Back to top Go down
GTTtunedMCS

Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty26th May 2013, 14:55

Looks like you can replace the studs on those, though sure Roland will be able to tell you if you can......
Back to top Go down
pocket rocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty26th May 2013, 20:12

I hope so Colin , I have recipets for over 9k , previous owner spent a fortune on my pocket rocket , I've had her for 4years now , Roland very helpful .
Back to top Go down
GTTtunedMCS

Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty27th May 2013, 10:52

I'm sure he smiles every time he thinks of your car,lol
Back to top Go down
pocket rocket

Male

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty28th May 2013, 10:05

Spoke to john at gtts , he's told me that the stud that has sheared , is infact a bolt that screws through the topmount from underneath and can be changed in situ panic therefore over . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spring clean ends in disaster   spring clean ends in disaster Empty

Back to top Go down

spring clean ends in disaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 1st Gen-