Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Some warning lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Umbyboy

Some warning lights Vide
PostSubject: Some warning lights   Some warning lights Empty6th July 2013, 10:50

Hi guys, I have recently bought a Mini cooper s R56 2007 with 29.000 miles. The car has been great until recently when a couple of warning lights came on and I discovered that the air conditioning is not working properly.
Firstly, I switched the air con on today due to the hot weather and the air is not cold. The compressor does not seem to engage. Hot air works fine when I put the temperature up, but at 16degrees the air is not cold (it isn't hot but kind of neutral).

Also, the yellow engine light for increased emissions came on. It has happened last week but I read that it might have been the fuel cap. I therefore screwed the fuel cap properly and it went off. Today, my car was low on fuel and it has come on again. I'll check the fuel cap again to see if it is screwed in properly.

Then, the amber yellow light for the automatic gears came on but the car doesn't seem to be any different. In parking position it doesn't move. Perhaps it could be a faulty sensor?!?

Finally, the light 'Low water level in windscreen washer bottle' stays always on even though I have filled the washer bottle up. WHy is that?

Do you have any suggestions? I am particularly worried for the air conditioning.

Some warning lights Img_2014
Some warning lights Img_2015
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

Some warning lights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some warning lights   Some warning lights Empty6th July 2013, 10:54

Not seen the top light before.....

Washer bottle I'd guess to be a sensor fault...

Air con, I'd take it back to the dealer, sorry can't help much more.

Umbyboy

Some warning lights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some warning lights   Some warning lights Empty6th July 2013, 15:49

Have any idea how much it would cost to fix the air con?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some warning lights Vide
PostSubject: Re: Some warning lights   Some warning lights Empty

Back to top Go down

Some warning lights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-