Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

so what does it mean when....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini99

Member Number - SnM : 099
Female

so what does it mean when.... Vide
PostSubject: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty16th September 2013, 19:19

You go to unlock your car and it unlocks but also blares out the alarm? It wouldn't go off either for about 20 secs!!

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
dave_a

dave_a

Male

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty16th September 2013, 19:32

Battery is probably running low, mine did the same but eventually the alarm kept going off as it thought it was being tampered with and that made it completely flat
Back to top Go down
Mini99

Female

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty16th September 2013, 19:43

Would it show any other signs of that? Battery light etc?
Back to top Go down
dave_a

dave_a

Male

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty16th September 2013, 20:33

Mine didnt show any other signs that the battery was flat, suppose one question is how often do you drive and is it for long, as that's the only way to get a good charge. Do you have stop/start? If yes has it worked recently? Sometimes when that doesnt work its an indicator that it could be low (and before others pipe in, there are other reasons too why stop/start sometimes doesnt kick in too).

It might be the battery, but could be something else too
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty16th September 2013, 21:07

Dee drove from Cardiff to the Midlands and back yesterday although with the bad weather she would have had lights on!

Dee can't you get the condition of the battery checked where you work?

Chris D
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Chris D

Member Number - SnM : 137
Female

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty17th September 2013, 04:59

Had the same with old Gen 1 MCS, door wouldnt open and alarm playing up, had new battery fitted and problem stopped.

flower 
Back to top Go down
Mini99

Female

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty17th September 2013, 21:18

Hello Smile

No I don't have stop/start and the car started with no problems after the alarm went off, also the red light on dash was flashing like crazy and the indicators were not flashing at all.

Dave, yes I've been meaning to get it checked but I want the one of the two workshops to do it and I'm not due over there until tomorrow, so will do then. Don't think having lights on would be a issue as they are almost always on.

Seems ok now as it hasn't done it since :/
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty17th September 2013, 21:37

Good to hear Smile

I was meaning having lights etc on meant you wouldn't get a full charge, more so if you have a dodgy cell in the battery!

With winter coming you certainly need a good battery Smile

banditloon
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
banditloon

Member Number - SnM : 251
Male

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty17th September 2013, 23:57

Mine does this if I unlock the car with the key, not the push button unlock thing (I'm being technical tonight Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
http://www.loonrunning.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so what does it mean when....   so what does it mean when.... Empty

Back to top Go down

so what does it mean when....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-