Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6
MarshaMallowR56

Member Number - SnM : 365
Male

Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Vide
PostSubject: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty30th October 2013, 12:56

Had a call from Cooper Croydon regarding my car which really p**ed me off, they have looked into and heard the noise coming from the clutch/gearbox and called so I could give them permission to drop the gearbox out to investigate what it was, BUT they cant guarantee that the fault will be covered by the warranty. I said so u want me to give u permission to do all that and @ the end of it I could be slapped with a massive bill, in reply he stated that depending on what it was they could not guarantee that it will be covered, ie could be a worn clutch ect.. I laughed and stated its a near on new car with below average millage, the clutch feels like new and the car drives like new with no slipping what so ever so there should be no issues with it being a worn clutch. Again he went on to repeat the above and I basically said I don't have a choice do I as there is obv a problem that is not going to go away so it needs to be done to find out the issue and resolve it. I said I bought a brand new car so id have piece of mind that it would be new and covered for issues like this. I think its disgusting that they think they can sell a car and even think about charging anyone for something like that when its near on a new car. I said how much will all that work be if bmw don't take responsibility for the issue? he hummed I said its going to be up around the £700 mark isn't it as iv had a new clutch fitted before in my gen 1 (which was down to previous owners and wear n tear/high millage) and that cost me near on £700 with new engine mounts as the needed doing, also that was through a friend who works @ bmw so was less than if bmw done the work. He said it could well be if bmw wont cover it.  Suspect Evil or Very Mad Tear Evil or Very Mad

I also asked how long they will have it as I want out of the crappy polo iv got, they stated the want me in a bmw or mini so will look into sorting that.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty30th October 2013, 13:13

Cooper Croydon. Say no more!
Back to top Go down
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 282
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty30th October 2013, 19:11

Just hope they realise the importance of responsibility,a new car with issues come on dealer and BMW step up sort it out
Back to top Go down
Headintheclouds
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3
Headintheclouds

Female

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty30th October 2013, 19:31

So sorry to hear this. Once again Dealers/BMW trying to shirk their responsibility. Why oh why does it keep happening? Hope that they see sense and sort whatever is wrong without cost to you.
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty30th October 2013, 19:53

Did you alert them to the problem or did they discover it? Sounds dodgy.
Back to top Go down
MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6
MarshaMallowR56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty30th October 2013, 20:08

Im also annoyed that it has to be taken apart by some guy @ bmw, takes away the new factory built feel if that makes sense. @ PhilT, I noticed the noise a little while ago but thought it was a one off but then it started happening on and off on random occasions mostly when it was up to temp and been driven all day. I booked it in a few weeks ago for 1st oil and filter change and alerted them to it so they could look into it and its all stemmed from that.
Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty31st October 2013, 18:21

It's seems to be their stock answer. It could be warranty but we will let you know. Not really very reassuring! Good luck.

Back to top Go down
martins

Member Number - SnM : 411
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty31st October 2013, 20:49

I'm reasonably new around here and I've not searched the archives to get a feel for opinions on each dealer - but - I've had some pretty good experiences with Vines Horley/Salfords, and I know an engineer who works there who is also willing to do private work as well. If Cooper Croydon continue to be non-committal about the potential costs, it might be worth giving Vines a go?
Back to top Go down
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty1st November 2013, 18:04

Bought 2 mini's from vines redhill they have always been very helpfull and have always looked after me and my mini,hence my return,so would recommend there services,hope you get the answers your looking for from cooper croydon,with any work done under warranty at no cost to you
Back to top Go down
MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6
MarshaMallowR56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty5th November 2013, 18:09

They called today to let me know the gearbox is out and they will have the car a few more days. They still have not said what the issue is. Last week they gave me a red mini cooper roadster so im driving around in that atm which is better than the horrid polo, but shame its not a roadster S.
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

AM_AUTOS

Member Number - SnM : 786
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty5th November 2013, 18:52

Hang in there sexy

Hope they do it under warranty thumbs up 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6
MarshaMallowR56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty7th November 2013, 16:48

Great new, they called me to day to say Marsha is fixed and ready to be picked up. The issue was a fault with the fly wheel, they fitted a new one and also a whole new clutch under warranty. Glad that's sorted.
Back to top Go down
L333 CLC
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7
L333 CLC

Member Number - SnM : 1007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty7th November 2013, 17:02

result! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.IDEAlee.co.uk
PhilK
Club Endorser 10
Club Endorser 10
PhilK

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty7th November 2013, 17:05

MarshaMellowR56 wrote:
Great new, they called me to day to say Marsha is fixed and ready to be picked up. The issue was a fault with the fly wheel, they fitted a new one and also a whole new clutch under warranty. Glad that's sorted.
Good news, but the uncertainty about cost should never arise while in warranty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
miniman
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty8th November 2013, 16:34

Excellent result
Back to top Go down
MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6
MarshaMallowR56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty8th November 2013, 18:09

Just picked up car and I'm well chuffed, cleaned inside and out,feels like it's been waxed or clayed as the bodywork is smooth. Drives like new, clutch it light as a feather.
Back to top Go down
AM_AUTOS

AM_AUTOS

Member Number - SnM : 786
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty8th November 2013, 19:40

High 

Thats why i love the word WARRANTY
Back to top Go down
http://www.jcwadventures.com
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty8th November 2013, 21:02

Good news Ashley Smile

MarshaMallowR56
Club Endorser 6
Club Endorser 6
MarshaMallowR56

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty20th December 2013, 11:37

just a little update, Clutch issue sorted but felt like I had lost boost and car felt sluggish compared to before it had work done but thought maybe it just in my head or cold weather. Well I was correct, I booked car into Croydon mini to have my gp2 diffuser fitted and as always, they done the job and checked fluid levels n so on only to find that my Alta induction kit was basically loose...... They said one of the filter fixing bolts was missing and the other was just about screwed in thus the filter body bouncing around under the bonnet. they tightened one up but the thread was damaged on the other side so for now had to cable tie it  Mad also the jubilee clips on the pipework were loose which would explain lack of power. im steaming!!!! back to mini I go
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty20th December 2013, 13:18

Don't expect much from them, non-standard part and theyre unlikely to do much as their staff aren't trained to do after market parts - or so they'll say
Back to top Go down
whitewash

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty7th June 2014, 00:46

Wow love how a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ay? Phil...Moon...clueless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears   Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch issue thats grinding "my" gears

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-