Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

K&N Fitted and what a difference .....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Cazzywaz

Member Number - SnM : 009
Female

K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Vide
PostSubject: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 12:18

........ The K&N Filter purchased from our Dawn is now fitted thanks to goofy together with the GTT strut brace he got me for Christmas. Took Oz out for a spin and wow what a difference, I was under the impression nothing much would happen by way of performance just a bit more noise from the sucking, but he seems to go like the proverbial. Took him down a dual carriageway and hit 100mph in no time, also the acceleration away from traffic lights is awesome. Wasn't expecting this but it's great.

goofy confirmed the additional power when he took him out and now is worried for my safety - ah bless. Me I'm just concerned about more points on my licence pale

Did anyone else notice such a dramatic change with a K&N????
Back to top Go down
Elphaba
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1

Member Number - SnM : 029
Male

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 12:28

Oh my, I think I see a typo - I am sure you meant on the PRIVATE AIRFIELD you hit 100mph in no time, rather than admitting illegal activity on a public forum??!! lol
Back to top Go down
Cazzywaz
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Cazzywaz

Member Number - SnM : 009
Female

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 12:33

Ooops of course that's what I meant Paul, speedo was faulty for a few seconds there obviously Wink
Back to top Go down
ollieworks

Male

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 12:46

i used to have a k&n on on an old car and i always thought it made a good difference, im sure it is more a placebo affect but hey! im sure the biggest factor is the ridiculously cold weather were having, keeps those intake temps nice and loooow thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Mini S Mad

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 14:09

Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you like it Caz & Oscar had turned it to a 'rocket' Laughing cheers yahoo pompom clap thumbs up angel fireworks

Funny enough my mum asked if you had it fiited yet & i was getting a little worried that it didnt fit as not heard anything from you Razz

Owwwwwwww tut tut Oscar on the speed. Dont want you getting caught speeding cause of me Laughing No

Yeh i noticed more speed performance with the k&N but more of a deeper roar for with my gtt. Razz
Back to top Go down
Andy
Club Endorser 4
Club Endorser 4
Andy

Member Number - SnM : 039
Male

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 14:23

glad you like it, i just hope i notice ac much of a difference if i end up getting one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?ref=profi
Alex_MCS

Male

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th January 2010, 16:01

You'd get more performance benefit if it was shielded from the engine heat. Might be ok in these freezing temperatures though.
Back to top Go down
jacko

jacko

Member Number - SnM : 666
Male

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty4th November 2011, 21:51

i notice a difference with mine, however im going to try and box it in abit to keep the heat out, is it a k&n cone filter or panel filter?
Back to top Go down
Mini S Mad
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Mini S Mad

Member Number - SnM : 013
Female

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th November 2011, 08:37

It was a cone filter
Back to top Go down
jacko

jacko

Member Number - SnM : 666
Male

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty5th November 2011, 10:37

Behind where the airbox would normally be, where the vent is, have you drilles a big hole? So you have air getting to it front 2 sides?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&N Fitted and what a difference .....   K&N Fitted and what a difference ..... Empty

Back to top Go down

K&N Fitted and what a difference .....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Engine & Tuning :: 1st Gen-