Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Listen up, a scam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dermottdog
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

Listen up, a scam Vide
PostSubject: Listen up, a scam   Listen up, a scam Empty26th September 2014, 21:35

Hi guys

Just some info that may be of help. My son recently got hit from behind in his Clio. Guy admitted fault and details exchanged. My son called his insurance company and was told that they were putting him through to someone who could help.
He was put through to a solicitor. They asked him if he wanted a hire car, to which he responded he did. The hire car was dropped off and his car taken away for repair. 24 days later, his car was ready. He recently received a letter detailing various costs. The corsa on hire cost £72 a day + VAT. It would seem the new scam on the block is to take a minor damage accident and take an age to repair it. The car hire came to over 3k (including drop off and collection).

It was my sons first accident so he thought that being put through to a solicitor was normal.

I've seen an article in the one of the broadsheets that runs a story about Daren Bent, the footballer. He was caught by the same scam. He was put into an Aston Martin after his Merc got hit and his hire charges came to over £60k!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Male

Listen up, a scam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Listen up, a scam   Listen up, a scam Empty26th September 2014, 23:33

Did your son have to pay for the car or was it the insurance company who were ripped off, resulting in a sting for him next year?
Back to top Go down
Dermottdog
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

Listen up, a scam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Listen up, a scam   Listen up, a scam Empty27th September 2014, 21:38

Still under discussion. As he is 'co-operarating', they say he won't receive a bill. He has had to sign a few forms that may be used should it go to court.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Listen up, a scam Vide
PostSubject: Re: Listen up, a scam   Listen up, a scam Empty

Back to top Go down

Listen up, a scam

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Insurance-