Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Air Conditioning Not Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KevinM
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
KevinM

Member Number - SnM : 538
Male

Air Conditioning Not Working Vide
PostSubject: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty8th April 2015, 15:08

I have a 2010 Mini One Graphite with automatic air conditioning which has stopped working. Last year (June) the system was fully serviced by my local main dealer and had been working fine. Admittedly I have not used my car much over the winter and now when I switch the ac on, all I get is the engine revs increasing slightly and no compressor noise. Does this mean I have to get the system recharged again or does it sound like the compressor has gone kaput :-( Anyone have any ideas? cheers
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 10
Club Endorser 10
PhilK

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty8th April 2015, 16:33

No idea I'm afraid Kevin, but I always thought it was worthwhile running it regularly in order to keep it working. May be the lack of use since the service might have been a factor?

I will add that my dads aircon failed on his Peugeot about 9 years ago - he was told becuase it hasnt been used often enough. And the cost to repair it was too high for him as he 'never used it'. Now the cost to repair is more than what the cars worth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
ozzy
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5
ozzy

Member Number - SnM : 067
Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty9th April 2015, 00:00

Re-gassing would be the first thing to do, IMO, as you may well know, when the machine is connected it will tell you if the pressure is still there or leaked out.
If not there is a leak, and if they put the uv dye in it last time they may well find it.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
KevinM
Club Endorser 1
Club Endorser 1
KevinM

Member Number - SnM : 538
Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty25th April 2015, 15:08

Fault was identified to a small leak in the condenser, had to have it replaced and now all is well Very Happy , apart from the part wasn't cheap Sad  but my local main dealer labour was Smile
Back to top Go down
Ricardo

Member Number - SnM : 103
Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty27th April 2015, 14:48

Crikey, best run mine then as I hardly ever use it!
Only ever run it to de-mist the windows, I don't like air-conditioning.

Back to top Go down
PhilT
Club Endorser 3
Club Endorser 3

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty27th April 2015, 20:38

The aircon gas contains a lubricant which lubricates the myriad seals in the system. If you don't use the aircon then the seals dry out and as Phil K points out it's cheque book time.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty28th April 2015, 08:38

My aircon had a 30min run this morning. That'll do, I hope, for a while.

Back to top Go down
Ricardo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty30th April 2015, 22:53

Do those air con refresher thingies work?

Last edited by Ricardo on 30th April 2015, 22:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
L333 CLC
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7
L333 CLC

Member Number - SnM : 1007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty1st May 2015, 06:47

I've never used one, but isn't re-gassing and flushing what the dealer/garage does so it must be a similar (if not as thorough/full powered) variation?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.IDEAlee.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Conditioning Not Working   Air Conditioning Not Working Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Conditioning Not Working

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-