Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Strange droning noise at 40mph

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
S3 WHO

Male

Strange droning noise at 40mph Vide
PostSubject: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 08:50

Hi All,

I have had my 2011 MCS for a couple of months and love it but have noticed a strange kind of droning/whirring noise at between 40-45 mph, it goes as you increase speed but then seems to come back again at around 60 mph then disappears again as you go quicker - it is more noticeable on smoother road surfaces, I guess because there is less road noise. The car feels fine with no noticeable vibration etc, does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Cheers

James
Back to top Go down
J0RDAN

J0RDAN

Member Number - SnM : 460
Male

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 08:57

Ring TWG or Surrey Rolling road, best to just get it looked at my a professional
Back to top Go down
S3 WHO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 09:38

Hi Jordan,

I have been thinking about doing just that but as the car was bought from a main dealer I feel they should really sort it out, the problem is getting them to diagnose it! I mentioned it a couple of weeks after picking the car up as it had to go in to have a stone chip sorted out, one of their guys took it for a spin up the road and said he couldn't see/hear anything wrong with it...

Back to top Go down
J0RDAN

J0RDAN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 10:14

S3 WHO wrote:
Hi Jordan,

I have been thinking about doing just that but as the car was bought from a main dealer I feel they should really sort it out, the problem is getting them to diagnose it!  I mentioned it a couple of weeks after picking the car up as it had to go in to have a stone chip sorted out, one of their guys took it for a spin up the road and said he couldn't see/hear anything wrong with it...

Yeah chuck it in to the dealers. Keep pushing till they sort it, or take them out in it
Back to top Go down
S3 WHO

Male

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 12:56

Just got back from my local tyre shop after swapping fronts to rear to see if it made any difference and found that one of the front wheels is bent - moving it to rear hasn't got rid of the noise but I wonder if the impact could have damaged something else that is now causing this droning noise - will have to see what dealer says  Rolling Eyes  

Strange droning noise at 40mph Mini_w11
Back to top Go down
tazman
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 18:01

if that was on front could just be your tracking out,worth a go,
Back to top Go down
J0RDAN

J0RDAN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty10th April 2015, 21:21

Oh no that's not on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange droning noise at 40mph   Strange droning noise at 40mph Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange droning noise at 40mph

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-