Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichaelAC

MichaelAC

Male

Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Vide
PostSubject: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty16th June 2016, 16:42

I was just wondering if the earlier Minis like mine with the JCW dealer fitted kit are considered to be modified or a Mini model. The reason I ask is that dofferent insurance companies seem to have different opinions on this. I called Adrian Flux and the person I spoke to didn't know what the JCW was but decided that it was modified and so it would cost more after I listed the modifications that the kit included.

Anyone else have any experience of this?
Back to top Go down
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support
NeilAndHisMini

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty16th June 2016, 17:27

Difficult one. Mine was insured with Flux and they counted it as a model in its own right as it was a factory fitted kit, and was described as a Cooper S JCW on the V5.
Back to top Go down
Moon

Moon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty16th June 2016, 18:17

Yes, if dealer fitted. I'd have a chat with the insurance company, most have the option there like they do for the chilli pack etc. Any deviation from standard spec counts, even things like chrome mirrors and bonnet stripes. AF weren't concerned about those type things for me, but Admiral were so it's important to check with your insurance company.

Some factory models like Neil's have it on the v5 but most do not - depends how on the ball sales admin were when the car was registered. In that case, providing your insurance recognises "Cooper S JCW" then the car is standard, if they don't you will have to declare it.
Back to top Go down
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
SnM Sponsor
SnM Sponsor
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty20th June 2016, 21:44

Hi,
Yes we would always recommend checking with each individual insurance company as how they would want to treat this.
Regards,
Dan.

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/mini-detail-go.php
MichaelAC

MichaelAC

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty31st July 2016, 09:17

Hi Dan, do Adrian Flux provide a cover for cars that are off the road? I'm using my other car for a while now and the Mini insurance is coming up for renewal. I was wondering if there was a lower/cheaper cover specifically for car's that are sorn and stored off road. This would be useful as I wouldn't want it to be uninsured but then paying full insurance costs when it's not being driven would be a bit of a poor deal.
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty31st July 2016, 19:31

It may have changed since when I arranged insurance but you used to be able to change your policy to laid up cover which basically fire and theft with zero mileage. I would try your existing company first as hopefully they would continue the NCB..

MichaelAC

MichaelAC

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty31st July 2016, 23:44

Thanks, I'll try that
Back to top Go down
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
SnM Sponsor
SnM Sponsor
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty1st August 2016, 15:43

Hi,

As mentioned we do offer what is known as 'Laid Up' insurance. Feel free to drop me a PM with your details and I can arrange for us to contact you for a quote.

Kind regards,
Dan.

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/mini-detail-go.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?   Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the R53 Cooper S with dealer fit JCW kit a modified car for insurance purposes?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Insurance-