Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Club & Forum Manager: Admin
Club & Forum Manager: Admin

Member Number - SnM : 118
Male

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Vide
PostSubject: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 00:15

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Laurel14

11th August 2019 is a very special date in the world of MINI, not only is it MINIs 60th Birthday today, but it is also Surrey New MINIs 10th Anniversary!

I would like to say a massive thank you to all of our members past, present and future, because without you all we wouldn't be here celebrating such a fantastic milestone. Over the past 10 years the club has evolved more and more and although we don't have as many active members as we used to, we have become a real community of friends. New members who have joined the club more recently have commented how friendly and welcoming we are, which is exactly what our club is about. There are also members who have left the scene who we miss, and sadly we have also lost some dear friends too.

We have a lot to be proud of over the past 10 years, we've won 2 Modern MINI Oscars for Owners Club of the Year and just this year we pulled out all the stops to put on a fantastic display of Surrey New MINI at the LUXEWERX MINI At Home show, winning Best Club Stand Big Grin

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to Dave (Davyboy) for everything he does, Neil (NeilAndHisMini) for the fantastic effort he puts into organising many of our visits to shows, runs and other events, and lastly the biggest thank you has to go to Ali and James for creating the club in the first place, without them we wouldn't exist and many of us wouldn't have made the friends we now have today.

Happy 60th Birthday MINI, and 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI!

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! 10_yea17

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 06:31

Here! Here! Great club, great people, great times. Always look forward to club runs, and get togethers. Well said Ian. Happy Birthday SNM! Xxx
Back to top Go down
NeilAndHisMini
Events Support
Events Support
NeilAndHisMini

Member Number - SnM : 071
Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 07:03

Happy birthday Surrey New MINI, ten years old today!

Feeling very proud that we've got here, it's taken a lot of work, especially over the past few years, and want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has made it possible by continuing to support the club and our events, which are what really make us what we are. As Ian says, we really are a community of friends now.

Safe to say it's changed my life too; I've learned to do things and been to places I would never have dreamed were possible ten years ago.

Some words I've done for Performance MINI:

A well known presence on the MINI scene celebrates its tenth anniversary this summer.

Surrey New MINI was founded in August 2009 by two local owners, Alastair and James, as there was no active club for modern MINIs in the area at that time. It definitely fulfilled a need, and was soon attracting thirty plus MINIs to regular pub meets. Modern MINI Oscars for Best Club followed in 2010 and again in 2011, and the white, black and lime green SNM logo became a familiar sight at all the major Mini shows, including the Brands Hatch Mini Festival and Mini in the Park.

Members have come and gone as people and times move on, including the founders, but the club continues to make its mark in the MINI scene. The focus is on fun with friends, and as we say: never leave a MINI behind. And some have been active members since the very beginning in summer 2009.

You don't have to be from Surrey to join, indeed we have members from as far away as the West Midlands, and membership is completely free on our forum. Yes, we remain a forum based club; though many these days prefer the convenience of Facebook, we find it still works for us and what we do.

With the rise of the Facebook groups, combined with a decline in interest in the traditional Mini shows, the focus of the club has shifted somewhat in recent years. Never really a tech or tuning club, we've always been more orientated towards the social side of the MINI scene, and the last few years have seen a move to organising more of our own events, with runs, days out, and driving weekends away being very popular, as well as the return of the pub meets. And always ice cream ...

We do still attend selected shows, and a highlight of our tenth year was winning the Best Club Stand award at MINI At Home at Plant Oxford back in May, after a big team effort.

Longer road trips and adventures feature as well, with Wales and the Isle of Wight being favourite destinations for our MINI fun. And among the more adventurous highlights of the past ten years would be a trip across the Atlantic by a few members in 2014 to participate in MINI Takes The States, and last year an epic Euro road trip all the way down to the supercar factories of Modena, taking in the Nurburgring, Stelvio pass, and the legendary Mini roads of the Col de Turini on the way.

So, what will the next ten years bring? Well to start with, our own MINI United weekend at the end of August to celebrate our tenth anniversary, as well as Mini's sixtieth; a return to the Ring in September; and of course more Wales, planning for another group trip next Spring is well advanced.

Hope to see you somewhere down the road!

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Screen35

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Screen36

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Screen37

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Screen38

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Screen39
Back to top Go down
Chris D
Club Endorser 2
Club Endorser 2
Chris D

Member Number - SnM : 137
Female

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 12:36

Happy 10th Birthday to all SNM member and thanks for the last 9 years of friendships, events and fun

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 14:58

Happy birthday SnM SmileVery Happy

PippaJay

PippaJay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 20:14

Happy Birthday
Back to top Go down
PhilK
Club Endorser 10
Club Endorser 10
PhilK

Member Number - SnM : 073
Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty11th August 2019, 23:54

Congratulations Surrey New MINI. Happy Birthday.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'm so grateful to this club for giving me some purpose, it certainly filled a void back in 2010 when I was struggling with feeling a bit lonely and kick started my love of cars. All from searching for upgraded light bulbs from my Cooper D.

If it wasn't for this club I wouldn't have driven to the South of France, driven to Monaco, driven coast to coast across the US & made lifetime friends in the USA.

Thank you SnM for all you have given me, and I hope I get to give a little back for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sixgreenbottles.co.uk
millbrookmini
Club Endorser 5
Club Endorser 5
millbrookmini

Male

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty12th August 2019, 20:52

Happy Birthday SNM. Although been a bit inacive in the last few year I thoroughly enjoyed the events I have been on. Thank you everyone for all the fun .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!   Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy 10th Birthday Surrey New MINI and 60th Birthday MINI!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: Bits & Bobs :: News-