Since 2008 we’ve heard rumblings of a higher performance JCW model (in the vein of the 2006 GP) that would close out the R56′s production cycle. The rumors have always centered around more power, better aero and the JCW suspension as standard. Then over a year ago a spy photographer working for Leftlanenews captured these images that seemed to correspond with what we knew of the car. The main feature being the enormous MINI Challenge-esque rear defuser.
Fast forward to today and we see new photos courtesy of Autoblog that appear to show the same formula in an updated prototype form. The key indicators that this is the real deal are:
- Redesigned and re-profiled front grille
- The lower JCW suspension seen in the smaller wheel/tire gap
- Huge rear defuser clearly derived from the Challenge race car.
- The more subtle and functional spoiler
- Updated from splitter seemingly taken from the Coupe