Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

I fear the worst....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mhyndmAN

I fear the worst.... Vide
PostSubject: I fear the worst....   I fear the worst.... Empty17th June 2012, 17:02

So the engine has started making a tapping sound at idle and under 3000 rpm while driving.

It is a Cooper S 55 plate with a good service record (although inspection II is a little overdue, but not being doing many miles last couple of years) with 83k on the clock.

I think its in need of some care so looking for a recommended garage in Surrey and any advice on what the people think the noise could be.

Hopefully the link above works, the car is running at idle then revved up to 3000rpm. Sound quality not great but you can hear that tapping sound.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Matt93

Matt93

Male

PostSubject: Re: I fear the worst....   I fear the worst.... Empty17th June 2012, 17:29

chain tensioner?
Back to top Go down
mhyndmAN

PostSubject: Re: I fear the worst....   I fear the worst.... Empty17th June 2012, 18:29

I think that could be the case... any idea how much it would cost to fix and if I can drive the car short term before I get it into the garage.
Back to top Go down
Solarin
Club Endorser 7
Club Endorser 7
Solarin

Male

PostSubject: Re: I fear the worst....   I fear the worst.... Empty17th June 2012, 20:25

No idea on the price, but Station View Garage in Dorking are a club sponsor, so should give you a good rate Smile Really good service there as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I fear the worst....   I fear the worst.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I fear the worst....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 1st Gen-