Surrey New MINI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Early service and other bits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davyboy
Club & Forum Manager: Moderator
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

Early service and other bits Vide
PostSubject: Early service and other bits   Early service and other bits Empty26th January 2010, 12:45

This seemed the best area to post this............................ Wink

Marmite2 was in last week for drivers window not working correctly, they reprogammed something or the other and it now goes up one touch Smile trouble is it has also dropped back down a few times when at it hightest point affraid

It was also saying service due, now on Gen2's it normally 20k miles or 2 years, mine had 11500 miles & well less than 2 years old - anyway service was done Shocked Smile

I also said about cold noise on start up (although I've not really had it very noisey compared to my last MINI and only a couple of times) they said it was within limits, suprise suprise Surprised

But, the very next morning I also had a tractor engine What a Face I live very close to Barons so limped down there, but you guessed it, as I got there it stopped Mad so no noise to hear Neutral

checkpoint

checkpoint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Early service and other bits   Early service and other bits Empty26th January 2010, 15:15

Not good then Dave! Seems the 'It's within tolerance limits' is the latest embarrasing dealsr fob off line Remember 'It's the characteritics of the engine'?Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes As if it ever would be!Mad

TBH this is now to be expected as they struggle to compete for repair and services work, after all they are far too expensive in comparison to independant garages! It used to be you could trust them to deliver a good service, better than the rest! But not anymore! That's why IMO they are fobbing even stronger with warranty claims to save money! It's probably even a senior management decision somewhere within MINI/BMW!

It's actually a Disgrace!
I will be writing to MINI HQ about my noise as it is pointless to go to the dealers now! I have heard also that MINI HQ's customer service has deteriated too!

So where does that leave MINI owners? Looking for other manufacturers quite possibly!
After all my pathetic crap from these dealers I have decided that this willl be my last MINI that I willl ever buy new! (esp from Barons) Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Davyboy
Davyboy

Member Number - SnM : 007
Male

PostSubject: Re: Early service and other bits   Early service and other bits Empty26th January 2010, 17:22

Have to agree, my love affair is dwindling fast Shocked

I've even looked at other makes, only in passing so far affraid

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early service and other bits   Early service and other bits Empty

Back to top Go down

Early service and other bits

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Faults & Fixes :: 2nd Gen-