Surrey New MINI Owners Club

HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

click here to visit our sponsors

Share | 

Side Jack/ Poor design back door seal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Side Jack/ Poor design back door seal Vide
PostSubject: Side Jack/ Poor design back door seal   Side Jack/ Poor design back door seal Empty19th November 2019, 12:36

I have a 3rd gen F60 comes with no jack, I was looking for one but the cost ??? I found BMW or Mercedes if they have the white plastic fitting on the jack the bit that goes into the plastic rectangular fitting on the car fit perfectly, people advertising ones for Mini's double the price if you look round for one from another manufacturer etc.

I went to a wedding Saturday, washed, power sprayed and waxed the countryman, My auntie got in the back and trapped her dress in the rear door what a mess, the amount of crud that i found under the seal that goes against the rear arch was unbelievable, never seen a seal that wraps around a wheel arch before, only done 4000 miles I will have to keep a check on it, I think when at speed the water pressure from the wheel allows the seal to lift and crud gets trapped.

Back to top Go down

Side Jack/ Poor design back door seal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrey New MINI :: MINI's, Parts & Mods :: Exterior & Exterior Electronics :: 3rd Gen-